***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

any interview advice?!
Enjoy your time here, natch. :love: There's a lot to see and do here. But for the reals it's really low pressure, low stress (until you're here and exams are coming, ha), and if they're interviewing you, they already like you. Just seal the deal by showing your best self.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what time the interview ends?

Does anyone know what time the interview ends?
The actual interview? Or the day? The day ended at like 1:30 or something and the interviews were the first thing done that day and ended maybe around 10?

Members don't see this ad :)
The actual interview? Or the day? The day ended at like 1:30 or something and the interviews were the first thing done that day and ended maybe around 10?

Ahh, thank you. Time to go hunt down the Halal Guys. :^)

Reactions: 1 users
..... I got destroyed by the red sauce. HAHAHA. It's been so awesome! I haven't really been stressing out or preparing for the interview as I usually did for the other schools. It's been fun exploring the city and eating all the cool foods that I could only find here.

Granted, they just opened a Halal Guys in California, but apparently, there's a 2-3 hour wait, and it's more expensive... New York pizza is so legit though omg. I did walk into the College of Nursing, Dentistry, and Engineering and holy... it was so nice. I'm really looking forward to my interview! :D

Reactions: 4 users
do you guys know how many people interview at once ? I called today to schedule my interview and the guy said they are pretty much open from Nov 2nd! It was such a liberating moment !!!!!

do you guys know how many people interview at once ? I called today to schedule my interview and the guy said they are pretty much open from Nov 2nd! It was such a liberating moment !!!!!

I think there were 8 applicants total at my interview.

Hey everyone!
For those who have already interviewed where did you stay?

Hey everyone!
For those who have already interviewed where did you stay?

Stayed at The Marcel at Gramercy. It was OK. No complimentary wifi (you have to pay $10 for it but even then it's super slow), but it's a 5-7 minute walk from the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had about 10 people whenever you come there is a continental breakfast then whenever the faculty comes in they call you in. I was the second person I got there early like 7:20ish, definitely don't have to do this, they called me in like 10-15 min later interview you, very relaxed ask you about yourself and they build upon that then ask you some standard questions off a sheet. then you go back. wait until everyone has their interview then a staff member calls you in ask you some basic questions like double check your pre-reqs how would you like living in NY away from home etc. this one is even more relaxed they ask you to not stress as its not really an interview. then financial aid talk then tour and food.
Have an interview with BU on Tuesday and now waiting on all the other schools lol I hate waiting.

I had about 10 people whenever you come there is a continental breakfast then whenever the faculty comes in they call you in. I was the second person I got there early like 7:20ish, definitely don't have to do this, they called me in like 10-15 min later interview you, very relaxed ask you about yourself and they build upon that then ask you some standard questions off a sheet. then you go back. wait until everyone has their interview then a staff member calls you in ask you some basic questions like double check your pre-reqs how would you like living in NY away from home etc. this one is even more relaxed they ask you to not stress as its not really an interview. then financial aid talk then tour and food.
Have an interview with BU on Tuesday and now waiting on all the other schools lol I hate waiting.
When was your app completed?

by double checking the pre-req you mean they go through it with us ? by the way good luck with BU interview!!!! I cant even imagine getting an interview there!

Does anyone remember what the lady's name was who led the Q&A? I believe she said she is the Director of Admissions, but not Eugenia Mejia?

anyone's interview date Monday October 19th?!? :)

Does NYU send out rejections? I haven't heard anything from them and my app was mailed out in the third week of August.

by double checking the pre-req you mean they go through it with us ? by the way good luck with BU interview!!!! I cant even imagine getting an interview there!
she just looked at mine and said ok you have all the pre reqs done nothing other than that. Thank you! The interview at BU was great very relaxed I really liked the school. now to wait for other schools lol. You got this they interview well into the year good luck!

Hey All!
If you're interviewing at NYU and you need a place to stay for a great rate that is LESS THAN 5 MINS FROM THE SCHOOL I would HIGHLY recommend staying with ddsdmdds! She's also great at answering any questions, giving tips, and most importantly, calming nerves before the interview :)

Rate: 11/10 easy

No way, last year I interviewed in November and was notified in early november
Thanks for letting me know.. I am just checking my inbox. No news since my mail out and app complete mail from them. I called in but they are saying my app is under review. Do you think it is a good idea to be patient or show them some interest? (I am international student so maybe they are holding my app? Since my stats are pretty average?)

Thanks for letting me know.. I am just checking my inbox. No news since my mail out and app complete mail from them. I called in but they are saying my app is under review. Do you think it is a good idea to be patient or show them some interest? (I am international student so maybe they are holding my app? Since my stats are pretty average?)

Personally, I would not bother them too much, they receive more applications than any other school in the country. I did not reach out to them at all last year and got an invite despite the process taking some time.

Personally, I would not bother them too much, they receive more applications than any other school in the country. I did not reach out to them at all last year and got an invite despite the process taking some time.
Got it..

If any of you are still looking for a place to stay in NYC for your upcoming interview, I highly suggest contacting @ddsdmddds. Her place is very clean, affordable, quiet, furnished, has gorgeous room, >5min walk to dental admission office, and she provides hair dryer, towels, etc. She's a current D2 at NYU and she and her roommate are super welcoming, answered all my questions about NYU program day before my interview so I was well informed, and made me feel confident. All my fellow interviewees were jealous after I told them where I stayed because they paid $200-300+ for their hotels and they still had to bus down to NYU.

Interview experience: It was my first interview so I was pretty nervous but it was pretty relaxing. Asked standard interview questions which turned more into a conversation in my opinion. Lasted 10-20 minutes. There were ~12 interviewees and most were very social. Loved the school and the city.

Any idea how NYU sends out acceptances? A friend said his sister "went online at midnight on dec 1" when she was accepted 3 years ago. But since we don't have any type of portal I don't see how thats possible.. is it possible they send an email at midnight?

This waiting game is not fun lol

Any idea how NYU sends out acceptances? A friend said his sister "went online at midnight on dec 1" when she was accepted 3 years ago. But since we don't have any type of portal I don't see how thats possible.. is it possible they send an email at midnight?

This waiting game is not fun lol
They send an email. I know people that received the email at 12:03 am and others at 6:30am...lol.

For those who went to the interview..

Do you mind sharing what you had to write for the supplemental application?

Thanks in advance

Could go both ways. I actually emailed then basically asking hey what's up hello are you missing anything? They responded next morning with an interview invite. My friend did the same and was told his application is on review, so might as well try.

Could go both ways. I actually emailed then basically asking hey what's up hello are you missing anything? They responded next morning with an interview invite. My friend did the same and was told his application is on review, so might as well try.
Thanks for the reply. I am just getting worried because I really wanted to hear back from them before December since they are one of my top choice school. It is just painful to wait around lol..

Mine was a D3 - we were supposed to have two students give the tour but one forgot haha and met up with us during lunch. We had 4 current students at lunch with us and all sat at a big table, I believe 2 were D2 and two were D3 . All of them told us they interviewed at NYU and got waitlisted on that December 1st date and eventually got in.
I'm not surprised one of the student forgot. NYU is such a disorganized school.

Dental students....I interviewed there last year

You start off with your individual interview, then the whole group meets with Dr. Mejia and she talks about NYU and answers any questions....then a dental student or two will take you on a tour...then you have lunch with the person who toured you as well as other dental students and you just talk about whatever
Pre-dents... get ready for Dr. Mejia she is rude to some of the students and not welcoming. She makes students not want to go to NYU. They need a new Dean of Admissions.

Enjoy your time here, natch. :love: There's a lot to see and do here. But for the reals it's really low pressure, low stress (until you're here and exams are coming, ha), and if they're interviewing you, they already like you. Just seal the deal by showing your best self.
Dr. Mejia does not make you feel that way. She's rude and makes students feel awkward and uncomfortable with her comments. NYU needs a new dean of admissions because she is a detriment to their admissions interviewing process and makes students not want to go to NYU.

Pre-dents... get ready for Dr. Mejia she is rude to some of the students and not welcoming. She makes students not want to go to NYU. They need a new Dean of Admissions.
I interviewed there last year and she was actually really friendly and welcoming.

Dr. Mejia is literally one of the sweetest and most caring people I have ever met. Andrea's negativity towards NYU sounds like she got rejected and is mad.

Reactions: 5 users
Dr. Mejia is literally one of the sweetest and most caring people I have ever met. Andrea's negativity towards NYU sounds like she got rejected and is mad.

I agree, I was waitlisted and didn't even get off it last cycle, but she was great.

Smh SDN DRAMA. I interview there this Wednesday. I'll let you know how kind the lady is :)

For those who went to interview at NYU, did the admission committees mention anything regarding to how many pre dec interview spots are left? Also, does NYU interviews and accepts many ppl who is interviewing post-dec as well?

I interviewed there, Dr. Mejia did say many inappropriate comments. She was sweet at times, but very rude at others.

Last edited:
I thought Dr. Mejia was great. Maybe she was feeling good on the very first day of interviews. What did she say to you guys that was rude exactly?

Does anyone know what your chances are of acceptance if you interview at NYU? I mean, if you're normal and communicate well, are you most likely accepted? I know for some schools an interview means you're very likely to get accepted and other schools not so much.