***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I haven't heard anything since August 14th...form the email that they have received my application complete and under review.. Wondering if this is a bad sign..OOS too form Cali :/

..What do you guys think?
Just got an interview invite. OOS and 2nd batch! It took so long for them to get back to me! Don't lose hope!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
INTERVIEW #2!
Notification date: 11/10/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/09/2015
Application complete date: 8/05/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 sGPA, 3.5 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA, 25 TS, 19 PAT, 19 RC

Don't lose hope on pre-dec interviews for those who applied early like I did.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite. OOS and 2nd batch! It took so long for them to get back to me! Don't lose hope!!!:)
Thanks for the support! I'll keep holding it out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally INTERVIEW !!!!
1st batch
3.3 ogpa
20/21/18/21

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone from batch 13 (or later) heard back from NYU? Good luck to you all!

Has anyone from batch 13 (or later) heard back from NYU? Good luck to you all!
Yes ! I submitted my application on September 30, and it was mailed out on the 23 of October. I recieved an email for my interview on 11/10/2015

my Stats are
Non-Science GPA- 3.96
Science GPA- 3.97
DAT AA/TS/PAT 20/21/18
and my interview is this Monday!!

Yes ! I submitted my application on September 30, and it was mailed out on the 23 of October. I recieved an email for my interview on 11/10/2015

my Stats are
Non-Science GPA- 3.96
Science GPA- 3.97
DAT AA/TS/PAT 20/21/18
and my interview is this Monday!!
Thanks for your reply! Best of luck on Monday!:)

Finally INTERVIEW !!!!
1st batch
3.3 ogpa
20/21/18/21
Congrats on your interview!! I'm curious, you're first batch and you received an interview now. Is there a reason why or was there any hiccups in your AADSAS processing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did people call to express interest? Should I call?

Anyone interviewing this upcoming Tuesday and want to share hotel?

Hi,

I am interviewing here next week and I was just wondering is it a 1-on-1 interview? or a 2-on-1 (2 faculty members/1 faculty, 1 student). And the interview is about 30 minutes, correct?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am interviewing here next week and I was just wondering is it a 1-on-1 interview? or a 2-on-1 (2 faculty members/1 faculty, 1 student). And the interview is about 30 minutes, correct?

Thanks!

It is a one on one interview and yes around 30 minutes at the beginning of the day.

It is a one on one interview and yes around 30 minutes at the beginning of the day.
I thought the interview only last for 12-15 min. 30 min interview sounds bit long. I guess its differ for everyone? Having longer interview with interviewer means better outcome?

I thought the interview only last for 12-15 min. 30 min interview sounds bit long. I guess its differ for everyone? Having longer interview with interviewer means better outcome?

Well it depends on how talkative your interviewer is. Mine asked enough questions to last around 30 minutes but it definitely varies. The length of the interview has no correlation to the outcome unless the interview is like 5 minutes long haha.

The interview at uop was a solid hour lol

Mine is definitely a different experience. Then again, no one will have the same interview experience. The faculty interview was 45 minutes long for me, it was just her getting to know me and of course me getting to know the school as well.

Yeah it really depends no one can say for sure how long your interview will be at any school. I was very surprised how quickly mine seemed to go even though they were all 30 minutes minimum up to an hour. Don't worry about the time! It doesn't mean anything, some interviewers will just be more or less chatty.

Congrats on your interview!! I'm curious, you're first batch and you received an interview now. Is there a reason why or was there any hiccups in your AADSAS processing?

same thing happened to me last year and i had higher stats(3.5ish?, 20,21 dats). just part of the game. I even got a 20k scholarship too.

same thing happened to me last year and i had higher stats(3.5ish?, 20,21 dats). just part of the game. I even got a 20k scholarship too.

I didnt know NYU gave out scholarships! Did NYU tell you about the scholarship as soon as you found out that you were accepted?

I didnt know NYU gave out scholarships! Did NYU tell you about the scholarship as soon as you found out that you were accepted?

Over the years, it was included in the acceptance package. Last year, they sent it as an email a week or two after the acceptance package.

I believe the it can go as high up as 25-30k, not 100% sure. but its annual if you maintain 3.0 or higher.

Over the years, it was included in the acceptance package. Last year, they sent it as an email a week or two after the acceptance package.

I believe the it can go as high up as 25-30k, not 100% sure. but its annual if you maintain 3.0 or higher.

Who gets the scholarship?

wow, class of 2020. i graduated from NYU in 2013. I know how all of you guys feel bc I've been there. Good luck to you all!

wow, class of 2020. i graduated from NYU in 2013. I know how all of you guys feel bc I've been there. Good luck to you all!

Wait... I thought BJ Penn is professional MMA fighter not a dentist. No wonder I haven't seen you in the Octagon for a while. LOL

Wait... I thought BJ Penn is professional MMA fighter not a dentist. No wonder I haven't seen you in the Octagon for a while. LOL

haha. you haven't seen a motivated bjpenn until you've seen him doing dentistry.

Reactions: 1 users
How does nyu let u know if you have been accepted then?

There is this wonderful thing called email, and this other wonderful thing called a telephone. Both are methods of communication.

Anyone could share if NYU interview is closed or opened file?

It was closed file for me but open file for some other people on my interview day. Really depends on who your interviewer is

I agree to what the poster above me said ^^^. Mine was open file.

Opened file. My interviewer skimmed each semester and my DAT score.

Guys we have like no time left. Stress level > 9000

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone recently attend an interview? Is it appropriate to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview what my chances of acceptance are?

The secretary did tell me that I would hear of a decision within one week of the interview.

Interview: Tomorrow

The two professions could not be more dissimilar: in one you are working with your hands, in another you are talking all day long. PhD in psychology requires extensive research and excellent writing skills as well as an ability to pose good questions.

Did anyone recently attend an interview? Is it appropriate to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview what my chances of acceptance are?

The secretary did tell me that I would hear of a decision within one week of the interview.

Interview: Tomorrow

I personally wouldn't ask, but you will know very soon.

Good luck, everyone! Fingers crossed for you guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Interview is in several hours. What am I doing on here?