***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Yes, for the supplement, I just typed up my responses in a separate word doc file, and I converted that to a PDF file before submitting through email. I called the admission officers immediately, and she told me that that is perfectly fine. I guess I'm just waiting for an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when NYU starts interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my supplemental fee a month ago, but never received an email stating that they received it. However, I did receive the email that my questionnaire was received and added to my application. I called and they said that it can take 2 to 3 weeks to process the fee. I asked if they can check for me, and they said that they are still processing fees and they would email me when mine is processed. Anyone else have this problem??

I sent in my supplemental fee a month ago, but never received an email stating that they received it. However, I did receive the email that my questionnaire was received and added to my application. I called and they said that it can take 2 to 3 weeks to process the fee. I asked if they can check for me, and they said that they are still processing fees and they would email me when mine is processed. Anyone else have this problem??

Ask your bank if the check was cashed. If it was, then you'd need to send NYUCD the front and back copy of that check from your bank. If it wasn't, I'd call again to see if they received it.

Reactions: 1 user

I had a similar problem. I mailed my supplemental fee via money order on 7/22 and when I didn't receive a confirmation email after 3 weeks I gave them a call. They told me the same thing that it takes time to process and to call back in a week. So I did and they still hadn't received it. So I talked to my bank and they said the money order had been cashed 8/4. So I called the school again and explained my situation so one of the admissions officers apologized and said it was clearly a mistake on their end. So he ended up confirming my payment (thus completing my application) and I just had to email him a picture of my money order receipt as proof. Definitely give them a call because it's possible that someone forgot to confirm the payment. Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Can't wait for September, to hear some awesome news about interviews. :soexcited::clap::whistle:

First ones last year were August 25 I think (which is today!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just gave the admissions office a call and they said the first round of invitations should be sent out within the next week or two.. They are still reviewing.. :)

Just gave the admissions office a call and they said the first round of invitations should be sent out within the next week or two.. They are still reviewing.. :)

Ugh, I was so ready for it to be today haha but thank you for the information

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

I had a similar problem. I mailed my supplemental fee via money order on 7/22 and when I didn't receive a confirmation email after 3 weeks I gave them a call. They told me the same thing that it takes time to process and to call back in a week. So I did and they still hadn't received it. So I talked to my bank and they said the money order had been cashed 8/4. So I called the school again and explained my situation so one of the admissions officers apologized and said it was clearly a mistake on their end. So he ended up confirming my payment (thus completing my application) and I just had to email him a picture of my money order receipt as proof. Definitely give them a call because it's possible that someone forgot to confirm the payment. Good luck! :)
Yeah, I called again and the lady was nice enough to look for my money order. She found it lol. She sent me the complete and being reviewed email right after. Hopefully it doesn't affect my chances of getting an early interview. I don't think it will. Now we shall wait some more.

> Interviews invites within the next week or two
> Make you schedule for September
> Go bankrupt because airline tickets have skyrocketed

Yeah, I called again and the lady was nice enough to look for my money order. She found it lol. She sent me the complete and being reviewed email right after. Hopefully it doesn't affect my chances of getting an early interview. I don't think it will. Now we shall wait some more.
Hooray, I'm glad to hear it worked out! :D Yeah the people who work at the admissions office are super friendly and helpful. Yeah hopefully it didn't delay our applications too much :(

NYU received my money today. Was wondering when I would get the supplemental and turns out I received it a month ago but never realized it... The email says to turn it in within 2 weeks. Am I disqualified? How should I go about this?
Total non issue I took 3 weeks and nothing happened. They attached it to my app without a word. Don't even mention it.

NYU received my money today. Was wondering when I would get the supplemental and turns out I received it a month ago but never realized it... The email says to turn it in within 2 weeks. Am I disqualified? How should I go about this?

went to a job interview at the airport yesterday
went early, got lost, arrived to the interview late by 15 min.
i believe i impressed the gentlemen at the interview
they commended me for coming in nonetheless, after i apologized multiple times for being late, and they said most people get lost, give up and don't show up

so persistence pays off my friend

You just made a mistake and overlooked the email. I'd call them and tell them the truth. Like other people on this thread have mentioned, the admissions people are very helpful. Good luck. I hope it works out, and I think it will.

I submitted the essay months after receiving that email because I was sure if i want to pay the fee.

comgrats!!! What are your stats and when did you receieve an email that your application is complete??
Thanks! I got the application complete and under review email on August 9. My ogpa is 3.5, sgpa 3.3, AA/TS/PAT/ANYTHING UNDER 17- 20/20/20/ none

Should I be worried if I didn't receive an interview invite?.... I received an "app complete and under review" on July 29.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

First interview!!!! Was also the latest school to have my supplement finished so I don't think they're reviewing in order of completion.

Got an interview!!!

Should I be worried if I didn't receive an interview invite?.... I received an "app complete and under review" on July 29.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Me too, I didn't receive any interview. My app complete on Aug 8... I'm scared

Their phone lines are probably going to be flooded with calls

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Interview! Although I can't seem to connect to schedule an interview they've been busy for a while.

Interview scheduled on Sept 19th! Anyone else interviewing then?

Which dates are you guys scheduled to interview?

Oh boy, I got the "Application Complete and Under Review" email on July 12, yet no interview for me... :( Aug has been a pretty dry month for me with only 1 invite:(

Congrats everyone!! When you called them, did they give you a specific range of dates to choose from?
Ya they said they start on Sept 12 onwards(not sure till when)
(Monday, Thursday, Friday).

I didn't get one :( come on NYU I love you wlah please love me back !!

Reactions: 5 users