***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

SO excited to be interviewing at NYU! How many applicants are interviewed each day?

Members don't see this ad.

Had 15 in my interview today!, All amazing people. Had a wonderful experience!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Had 15 in my interview today!, All amazing people. Had a wonderful experience!
Was there an additional supplemental you had to write during interview day (or was that just the 3 q questionnaire)?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Was there an additional supplemental you had to write during interview day (or was that just the 4 q questionnaire)?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

U write a paragraph of why nyu.

Received a interview invite yesterday :)
Scheduled for Oct 12th
stats are 23AA and 3.45sgpa

Members don't see this ad :)
:( I got my application complete and under review email 7/26, and haven't heard a peep since. Hopefully more interview invites to come!

Damn, theyre still at July. I should really stop thinking about my app right now if it was complete 9/12. Thanks to ADA for that. Trying to stay patient as I check my email every 2 minutes.

Gonna have gray hairs by the end of this.

Damn, theyre still at July. I should really stop thinking about my app right now if it was complete 9/12. Thanks to ADA for that. Trying to stay patient as I check my email every 2 minutes.

Gonna have gray hairs by the end of this.

GG, I got the "Completed and Under Review" e-mail on 9/7. Hopefully we get invites at the same time and pick the same date so we can cry about how long we've waited.

GG, I got the "Completed and Under Review" e-mail on 9/7. Hopefully we get invites at the same time and pick the same date so we can cry about how long we've waited.
Hahah yes. And perhaps cry at the interview. I cry everyday after 5 pm when my email isn't lit. It's only been 4 days since my apps been complete loll so I'll definitely have lost it by the end of this cycle.

Hahah yes. And perhaps cry at the interview. I cry everyday after 5 pm when my email isn't lit. It's only been 4 days since my apps been complete loll so I'll definitely have lost it by the end of this cycle.

Hopefully NYUCD also accepts our tears as an alternative form of payment.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys. Just want to wish you all good luck in this year's application cycle. I'm sure you guys are in this position for a reason so just sit back and relax (unless you have secondary apps, get to it! :p).

I'm a D2 living with a couple of D4s and we're making our place available for one or two nights for any interviewees who wish to save a little money over other places in Manhattan. We live a 7-minute walk away from school. Please message me if you're interested.

Good luck!

Hi guys. Just want to wish you all good luck in this year's application cycle. I'm sure you guys are in this position for a reason so just sit back and relax (unless you have secondary apps, get to it! :p).

I'm a D2 living with a couple of D4s and we're making our place available for one or two nights for any interviewees who wish to save a little money over other places in Manhattan. We live a 7-minute walk away from school. Please message me if you're interested.

Good luck!

hi i sent an inbox! :D

For those that have had their interview recently, can you guys share some tips?

Reactions: 3 users
Hello friends and family of SDN, this is a pretty random side comment on this thread. (I swear I won't go off topic after this) but could anyone that got an interview read my supplemental questionnaire? I just wanted to know someone's opinion on it. If you are interested in it, please PM me. I would appreciate it SO much.

Thanks to a wonderful person on here who read my PS recently!
Have a good evening

I have an interview 9/30 at 8am. I'm flying into LGA. Whats the best way to get into Manhattan? Uber or public transit?

I have an interview 9/30 at 8am. I'm flying into LGA. Whats the best way to get into Manhattan? Uber or public transit?

the subway at 2.75 is definitely your cheapest option. You'll rack up a pretty penny with uber. They have a flat rate of $60, which is... just not fun.

the subway at 2.75 is definitely your cheapest option. You'll rack up a pretty penny with uber. They have a flat rate of $60, which is... just not fun.
Is there a bus stop from LGA that takes you to the subway? Im really not familiar with NYC.

Is there a bus stop from LGA that takes you to the subway? Im really not familiar with NYC.

I believe the M60 is the bus to the subway. I'm not positive. But google maps or apple maps will be your best friend. Once you get into the city, the street map will overlay with a transit map. It'll tell you exactly what to do, including bus to subway transfers, subway line transfers, etc.
You'll be okay:) worst comes to worst, anyone working at laguardia will be able to lead you in the right direction

Hi all,

On my interview confirmation email, it says that we will have a supplemental application on the day of our interview.

What is it all about?

Thanks,

Take the Q70 bus at the airport to Jackson subway, take the F line directly downtown.

when was your app complete?
I sent my supplemental questionnaire on September 20th and got a confirmation e-mail that my application was completed on September 20th as well.

I sent my supplemental questionnaire on September 20th and got a confirmation e-mail that my application was completed on September 20th as well.
wow. damn mines was complete on 9/21... hopefully I hear something soon.

If you don't mind letting me know, how are your stats?

wow. damn mines was complete on 9/21... hopefully I hear something soon.

If you don't mind letting me know, how are your stats?

BCP GPA 3.82
Science GPA 3.86
Non-Science GPA 3.87
Total GPA 3.86

TS - 20
AA - 20
PA - 19

US Army Veteran
Working as Dental assistant

BCP GPA 3.82
Science GPA 3.86
Non-Science GPA 3.87
Total GPA 3.86

TS - 20
AA - 20
PA - 19

US Army Veteran
Working as Dental assistant
Good luck to you :) and thank you for your service.

Are they reviewing in order of app complete date? It doesn't seem like they are
I don't think so anymore either. Maybe they have multiple people reviewing so different paces. I know that's the case at many schools.

yea there's no point of applying early then lol
I was just talking about that. This process is all over the place and it's kind of annoying. Not much we can do but stress over it and wait. Hope to hear something soon time.

I was just talking about that. This process is all over the place and it's kind of annoying. Not much we can do but stress over it and wait. Hope to hear something soon time.
Yea I feel the same way haha I only applied early so I can have a better chance at an interview by reducing some competition, but oh well. Let's see how it goes. Good luck!

Got the App Complete and Under Review email on 9/7 and still nothing. Pretty jelly how people can hear back from a school in less than a week...

Same. Mine has been completed since August 4th and nothing. I feel like I've already been skipped over...