***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

come on NYU, send me that love before December!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When you completed your application?
AADSAS date designated: 07/08/2016
AADSAS date mailed: 07/22/2016
NYU application received email: 07/25/2016
NYU application complete and under review email: 08/01/2016
Interview invitation email: 10/18/2016
Interview date: 11/03/2016

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who went to the interview recently?

Did you have to fill out an additional supplemental application on the day of interview?
On the confirmation email of interview schedule, it says that they will provide us with a supplemental application to complete during our visit.
I thought already submitted the supplemental stuff online at the beginning. I don't like redundancies ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS date designated: 07/08/2016
AADSAS date mailed: 07/22/2016
NYU application received email: 07/25/2016
NYU application complete and under review email: 08/01/2016
Interview invitation email: 10/18/2016
Interview date: 11/03/2016

Congrats! I'm not too far behind you when getting the email saying my app was complete and under review (8/10) hopefully I hear some good news soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everybody, congrats on your interview invites! My roommate and I (male) are currently D1s, and we're offering our living room futon to you interviewees who wish to save on the ridiculous hotel costs here in NY. We live 8mins walking distance away from the school. Send me a pm if you're interested

Reactions: 3 users
My interview is coming up soon and I feel so underprepared. I feel as though I will black out and my thoughts will come across as very choppy. How do I calm my nerves??

My interview is coming up soon and I feel so underprepared. I feel as though I will black out and my thoughts will come across as very choppy. How do I calm my nerves??
When is your interview and is this your first interview? Are you OOS and what are you stats? lol sorry lots of questions

NYU is probably one of the easier interviews you will have.

AADSAS date designated: 08/08/2016
AADSAS date mailed: 08/26/2016
NYU application complete and under review email: 09/07/2016
Interview invitation email: 11/2/2016
Interview date: 11/17/2016

So excited!!!!!

AADSAS date designated: 08/08/2016
AADSAS date mailed: 08/26/2016
NYU application complete and under review email: 09/07/2016
Interview invitation email: 11/2/2016
Interview date: 11/17/2016

So excited!!!!!
Congrats! Whats your stat?

My flight leaves at 3PM from LGA. If I grab a quick lunch and leave, can I make it? Should I take an Uber?

Does anybody here mind giving me some tips on the easiest and cheapest ways of getting around from JFK? I am a grown ass man and I am pretty freaking intimidated by NYC...

Members don't see this ad :)
CRYINGGG. After 3 weeks of no interviews, I can finally post again!! :clap::banana::biglove::claps::wow:

Interview #3

School: NYU
Notification date: 11/3
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 9/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.66
DAT AA 20/TS 21/RC 24

And for those of you wondering, I did not send any updates. I have been very busy, but kept praying! So keep calm and patient!!!!!

Just got the date for 11/16! So, keep calm there are still pre-December interviews!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
CRYINGGG. After 3 weeks of no interviews I can finally post again :clap::banana::biglove::claps::wow:

Interview #3

DAT AA 20/TS 21/RC 24

And for those of you wondering, I did not send any updates. I have been very busy but kept praying! Keep calm and patient!

Just got the date for 11/16! So, keep calm there are still pre-December interviews!
Congrats!! What time did they send you the email? Haha..

CRYINGGG. After 3 weeks of no interviews, I can finally post again!! :clap::banana::biglove::claps::wow:

Interview #3

DAT AA 20/TS 21/RC 24

And for those of you wondering, I did not send any updates. I have been very busy, but kept praying! So keep calm and patient!!!!!

Congrats, and good luck! I had my interview today and it was SUPER chill.

Congrats, and good luck! I had my interview today and it was SUPER chill.
Thank you @Keklel !! That definitely makes me feel happy and I hope your interview went great! Just wanted to know that when you got your interview invite, did NYU show up on your AADSAS portal as "invited for interview" or does it never show up on AADSAS? Haha

Thank you @Keklel !! That definitely makes me feel happy and I hope your interview went great! Just wanted to know that when you got your interview invite, did NYU show up on your AADSAS portal as "invited for interview" or does it never show up on AADSAS? Haha

I had an interview and it never showed up on AADSAS. I don't think they use it. Good luck!

I had an interview and it never showed up on AADSAS. I don't think they use it. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your help! Thanks I'll be needing the good luck aha good luck to you as well!

That Deluxe Burger was hella tasty

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know the name of the really nice lady with glasses that greets you as you enter the interview area and goes over the financial aid portion of presentation?

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know the name of the really nice lady with glasses that greets you as you enter the interview area and goes over the financial aid portion of presentation?
Most likely Dr. Mejia (Assistant Dean of Admissions)

Anyone get/have any sort of statistic as to how many of us are interviewed pre December and how many out of those will get offers, from any source?

Thank you in advance!

Most likely Dr. Mejia (Assistant Dean of Admissions)

Nah, I highly doubt it was her... I THINK it was Neyda Lopez, the one who sent out the interview invitation email...?

Nah, I highly doubt it was her... I THINK it was Neyda Lopez, the one who sent out the interview invitation email...?

She was the one who greeted me and did the financial presentation though...

I called the school yesterday and they said that I can leave at 12:30 which is when lunch starts. I will get to LGA at 1:30 at the latest, which gives me more than an hour to go through security. So it should be fine, I hope?

Yup that's Neyda Lopez! She's so sweet

Any reapplicant who interviewed at NYU last year received an interview invitation? or interviewed already?

Any reapplicant who interviewed at NYU last year received an interview invitation? or interviewed already?
^ still waiting
interviewed in March and was waitlisted

yep interviewed in Jan 2016, and recently interviewed in late October

no interview/love from NYU :( I think my app was relatively competitive in terms of GPA & DAT, a lot of shadowing hours and dental assisting experience, great rec letters and ECs...does NYU hand out a lot of post dec interviews?

PS - I'm a legacy (parent went to NYU) - idk if it has any effect on my app. So far it looks like it does not.

I just got an interview! First one and possibly last lol...
Got the e-mail 11/8 but did not schedule until today - got SO LUCKY (I think) because the earliest day available was November 30...Needless to say, I scheduled it for November 30.

Will I still find out December 1 about the decision? I saw a thread somewhere where someone who had a November 29 interview called either NYU or another dental school about decision date, and they told him he would find out about it on December 1, too. This thread was dated a few years back, though. So I am assuming I will still find out December 1, but would like someone else's confirmation. Thank you!

Got the e-mail 11/8 but did not schedule until today - got SO LUCKY (I think) because the earliest day available was November 30...Needless to say, I scheduled it for November 30.

Will I still find out December 1 about the decision? I saw a thread somewhere where someone who had a November 29 interview called either NYU or another dental school about decision date, and they told him he would find out about it on December 1, too. This thread was dated a few years back, though. So I am assuming I will still find out December 1, but would like someone else's confirmation. Thank you!

Congrats, and yes I believe you would still here back! That would be a nice thing to ask them during your interview as well to confirm

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

LOL, that actually made me laugh on the TTC, and nothing makes me laugh on the TTC. Thanks man.
Are you Canadian? Sorry my whole fam lives there and the TTC is a bus there lol sorry if you aren't Canadian but that's a bus there loll

Are you Canadian? Sorry my whole fam lives there and the TTC is a bus there lol sorry if you aren't Canadian but that's a bus there loll

Haha yes I am, and it's our transit system (subway and bus).

Interview invite for 11/21

Stats: 3.2 oGPA, 3.1 sGPA
21 AA/21 TS/21 PAT
Application complete and under review on 9/2

For those of you who are still waiting, there's still hope for you because if I had a chance, you do too!

Interview invite for 11/21

Stats: 3.2 oGPA, 3.1 sGPA
21 AA/21 TS/21 PAT
Application complete and under review on 9/2

For those of you who are still waiting, there's still hope for you because if I had a chance, you do too!

Congratulations on your recent interview!!!! Would you mind sharing your DAT breakdown (BIO, OC, GC, RCT, QR)? Also, how would you say your extracurriculars were? Thanks and all the best :)

App complete and under review since middle of September

Sent sept, 2nd
received interview nov 9th
set it up for the 28th
3.9XX gpa
3.89 Spga
22 dat 23 pat

Congratulations on your recent interview!!!! Would you mind sharing your DAT breakdown (BIO, OC, GC, RCT, QR)? Also, how would you say your extracurriculars were? Thanks and all the best :)

My scores: 20 Bio, 22 OC, 21 GC, 21 RC, 21 QR

I think I had a good variety of extracurriculars. I had 700+ hours of volunteer and leadership experience, was in research for 2 years, and worked through most of undergrad.

Does anybody here mind giving me some tips on the easiest and cheapest ways of getting around from JFK? I am a grown ass man and I am pretty freaking intimidated by NYC...
Hope this isn't late. Take the AirTrain to the city ($5) then take the subway E and L ($2.75) to 14th St and 1st Ave and you'll be a 10 minute walk to school. Doesn't get any cheaper than that :). Good luck!

For those still with future interviews: I'm a D2 and my roommates (D4s) and I are making our living room (my bedroom if you're a female) available for your stay for a lot less than the hotels around NYC. We live in Waterside Plaza which is a 6 minute walk to school. You can DM me for more details. Good luck to everyone!

Hope this isn't late. Take the AirTrain to the city ($5) then take the subway E and L ($2.75) to 14th St and 1st Ave and you'll be a 10 minute walk to school. Doesn't get any cheaper than that :). Good luck!
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I already had my interview. I ended up taking an Uber there and back since I got in late and had to leave shortly after the interview. The last thing I wanted was to get lost in a city I've never been to.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk