The Official October 21, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorInASaree

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

As of today, we are less than three months away from writing one of the most important exams in our lives.

What are your studying strategies? How are you feeling about the MCAT?

We're all in this together, so let's get this discussion started!

And remember, October 21st, save the date!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello my loves! <3
Sorry that I've been completely MIA the past two weeks!
How's everyone been? I hope ya'll are ready for the 21st!
So, I've been working on mainly content..pretty scattered study schedule.
I have a question: I've been scoring 10's in Verbal and 9-10 in Organic Chemistry, 9's in Biology..etc.
How does that translate to the real deal?
For instance, a poster above had mentioned that AAMC is pretty generous when it comes to their practice exams. So, getting a 35/52 would be equivalent to a 10...so what about the actual MCAT? Would it be about the same?

Thanks && get excited...we are almost there!!!! CHEEERS!!! <3 :soexcited:

From what I have noticed you need close to 40/52 to get a 10. I think the other poster meant getting a 35/52 on GS FL can get you a 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! So, scoring on the real MCAT is harsher? Because, I've been getting like 65% on biological sciences, and it says that it translates to a 10. So on the real MCAT it would really be like a 8 or 9?

Thanks! So, scoring on the real MCAT is harsher? Because, I've been getting like 65% on biological sciences, and it says that it translates to a 10. So on the real MCAT it would really be like a 8 or 9?
Probably. Have you been taking any practice test?

@Lanoserol I haven't been taking a full practice test, I probably will Monday morning! I have done AAMC #3 full length, timed but in the span of 2-3 days and got a 23. This was about a month and a half ago! I am aiming for a 25-27 on the real MCAT! :)

@Lanoserol I haven't been taking a full practice test, I probably will Monday morning! I have done AAMC #3 full length, timed but in the span of 2-3 days and got a 23. This was about a month and a half ago! I am aiming for a 25-27 on the real MCAT! :)
Ooh. When you take one in a single sitting then you can know where you stand.

@Lanoserol I am on a pretty tight budget! Which exam #'s do you recommend me taking? I want something that will be fairly accurate to the real deal! Thanks so much, && I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday night! :)

@Lanoserol I am on a pretty tight budget! Which exam #'s do you recommend me taking? I want something that will be fairly accurate to the real deal! Thanks so much, && I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday night! :)
AAMC 10 &11 are representative of the real deal.

Just took AAMC #8 and got a 32 (12/10/10). I didn't look back at any questions, and it seems to have helped a bit. I'm happy to see a bit of an upward trend on these last few. Hope everyone's studying is going well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Just took AAMC #8 and got a 32 (12/10/10). I didn't look back at any question, and it seems to have helped a bit. I'm happy to see a bit of an upward trend on these last few. Hope everyone's studying is going well!

About to do AAMC 8 in a bit as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings All!

First time SDN poster and reporting in as an official October 21st MCAT-taker :) I would like to know if anyone has the 3rd edition Official Guide to the MCAT? what are your thoughts regarding the degree of difficulty?

This is my first time taking the MCAT so the only thing I can compare the questions and their degree of difficulty to is the amcas tests 3-11. My first impression of the (official guide) questions were that they are much harder than the amcas 3-11. Particularly Physics and Biology.

Greetings All!

First time SDN poster and reporting in as an official October 21st MCAT-taker :) I would like to know if anyone has the 3rd edition Official Guide to the MCAT? what are your thoughts regarding the degree of difficulty?

This is my first time taking the MCAT so the only thing I can compare the questions and their degree of difficulty to is the amcas tests 3-11. My first impression of the (official guide) questions were that they are much harder than the amcas 3-11. Particularly Physics and Biology.

I have the book, but I haven't looked at it. I will be using it for passages this week so my mind is in full AAMC mode. I'll let you know my opinion after I have done a few! Welcome to October 21st and good luck with the rest of your prep!

Ahh... The end of three practice MCAT's in three days. AAMC #10 was today and I came out of it with a 31 (10/11/10). The scale was rough. Oh well though, still pretty happy with the score. Average for all AAMCs is now a 30.7, with my 9 and 10 average being 30. Looks like I'm sitting exactly where I'd like. Let's do this!

UPDATE!!
Kaplan FL 7: 27 (9, 6, 12)
Am happy with the trend so far, moving 2 points with each FL

After getting 27 on my last Kaplan FL, I took AAMCs and got raped. Kaplan is a fluke guys
AAMC 7: 8, 5, 9 = 22
AAMC 8: 9, 6, 8 = 23
Stopped and decided to work on Kaplan section whole of last week
AAMC 9: 11, 6, 8 = 25 TODAY
Anyone with a guy who want to shoot me dead? FML!
Good luck with all those doing well smh

Greetings All!

Orgo had some pretty tricky questions, Gen chem was smooth and bio was decent.

After getting 27 on my last Kaplan FL, I took AAMCs and got raped. Kaplan is a fluke guys
AAMC 7: 8, 5, 9 = 22
AAMC 8: 9, 6, 8 = 23
Stopped and decided to work on Kaplan section whole of last week
AAMC 9: 11, 6, 8 = 25 TODAY
Anyone with a guy who want to shoot me dead? FML!
Good luck with all those doing well smh

Lucky for you, it seems that you're getting higher with the later AAMCs, which is good, because the test now is obviously more similar to those. Kaplan can be misleading at times due to their scale, but it was pretty accurate for me.

Keep at it!

Note: This thread is so dead compared to almost any other MCAT date. COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Lucky for you, it seems that you're getting higher with the later AAMCs, which is good, because the test now is obviously more similar to those. Kaplan can be misleading at times due to their scale, but it was pretty accurate for me.

Keep at it!

Note: This thread is so dead compared to almost any other MCAT date. COME ON PEOPLE!!!
I hope to improve on my next FL after careful post game and hitting on weakness. How are you reviewing verbal?

I hope to improve on my next FL after careful post game and hitting on weakness. How are you reviewing verbal?

I don't :/ All I do is look back through at the answers I missed and reread and kind of go, "I mean, my answer's better." Haha... However, if I were reviewing, I'd look for tendencies in types of questions missed as well as how good of an understanding I possessed of the passage.

I don't :/ All I do is look back through at the answers I missed and reread and kind of go, "I mean, my answer's better." Haha... However, if I were reviewing, I'd look for tendencies in types of questions missed as well as how good of an understanding I possessed of the passage.
It is really so boring reviewing verbal but I have to deal with it. It seems most of the questions I get wrong are stupid mistakes but I keep making them all the time. Any idea how to avoid those?

How is it going guys? The Kaplan section tests are killing me smh. I am going to spend this whole week doing all kaplan section tests to prepare me for awkward passages and last week to do AAMCs 9,10 and 11. GOOD LUCK to us all!
They ARE meant to "kill" you haha.
How are you scoring on them % wise?

It is really so boring reviewing verbal but I have to deal with it. It seems most of the questions I get wrong are stupid mistakes but I keep making them all the time. Any idea how to avoid those?

I'll just tell you how I do verbal and maybe that'll help?

Firstly, clear your head (deep breaths, special place, etc.). This is very important. After I have successfully completed that task I look at the questions, I don't READ them, but I look at them. On one of the AAMCs, there were two questions asking directly what a certain word meant in its context without giving a paragraph number. I couldn't recall where they were and ended up guessing one of them correctly and getting the other wrong. So I look for those questions first.

I then read the passage one time through. I am not a particularly fast reader, but I make sure I read every word. Yes, every word. A lot of people talk about skimming and mapping and what not. If it helps them, great, but not for me.

After reading one time through, I begin the questions. I read the question stem, then I always cross off two of the answers that are wrong. No matter what, I read through every answer. The annoying fact is that verbal is sometimes a "more right" answer section, which makes it important to read every answer. After I have dwindled it down to 50/50, I look to see if one is more obviously correct. If not, I try to look back at the passage for support one way or the other. Big thing here is to not infer your own opinion into the question. Sometimes an answer can seem very sexy, but it is in fact something you've concocted in your head. Always be sure it is supported or inferred in the passage. Note: I often look back at the passage for details. Many people find this time consuming, but I tend to remember well enough where it talked about certain aspects.

After I have finished all of the questions for a given passage, I go back to the top, read through each and every question and my answer one more time. Again, one more time. Any more than this and you will begin second guessing yourself. If it feels okay with me after that re-read, I leave it alone. On AAMC #5 I forgot this rule of mine and changed 4 correct answers to incorrect.

After that, move on to the next passage.

Another thing I've been doing lately is putting on "blinders." I put my hands on the side of my face and sort of shield my peripheral vision. Not ridiculously, of course, but just enough to remove any distractions out of the way (lamp, bugs, etc.). I'd be careful about this, though, because if you make it look like you're covering your eyes, they will get very suspicious very quickly.

I have no clue if this will help you. I hope it does! Rooting for you and everybody else! Let's do this!

Reactions: 2 users
I'll just tell you how I do verbal and maybe that'll help?

Firstly, clear your head (deep breaths, special place, etc.). This is very important. After I have successfully completed that task I look at the questions, I don't READ them, but I look at them. On one of the AAMCs, there were two questions asking directly what a certain word meant in its context without giving a paragraph number. I couldn't recall where they were and ended up guessing one of them correctly and getting the other wrong. So I look for those questions first.

I then read the passage one time through. I am not a particularly fast reader, but I make sure I read every word. Yes, every word. A lot of people talk about skimming and mapping and what not. If it helps them, great, but not for me.

After reading one time through, I begin the questions. I read the question stem, then I always cross off two of the answers that are wrong. No matter what, I read through every answer. The annoying fact is that verbal is sometimes a "more right" answer section, which makes it important to read every answer. After I have dwindled it down to 50/50, I look to see if one is more obviously correct. If not, I try to look back at the passage for support one way or the other. Big thing here is to not infer your own opinion into the question. Sometimes an answer can seem very sexy, but it is in fact something you've concocted in your head. Always be sure it is supported or inferred in the passage. Note: I often look back at the passage for details. Many people find this time consuming, but I tend to remember well enough where it talked about certain aspects.

After I have finished all of the questions for a given passage, I go back to the top, read through each and every question and my answer one more time. Again, one more time. Any more than this and you will begin second guessing yourself. If it feels okay with me after that re-read, I leave it alone. On AAMC #5 I forgot this rule of mine and changed 4 correct answers to incorrect.

After that, move on to the next passage.

Another thing I've been doing lately is putting on "blinders." I put my hands on the side of my face and sort of shield my peripheral vision. Not ridiculously, of course, but just enough to remove any distractions out of the way (lamp, bugs, etc.). I'd be careful about this, though, because if you make it look like you're covering your eyes, they will get very suspicious very quickly.

I have no clue if this will help you. I hope it does! Rooting for you and everybody else! Let's do this!
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your time to help :)

How's everyone doing?

I decided to do passages from the TPRH Science workbook a few days ago, and it was going well until I realized I needed to seriously review fluid dynamics. I have been using wikipremed's physics flash cards which are simply amazing, but got so caught up in it that it's all I've been doing.

I always worry about not doing enough practice tests or passages. At this rate, I won't be able to start FL's until Wed or Thurs.

How many do people do before the real thing? I am thinking 3-5 might be all I could do.

One week!!

What's everyone up to? I'm taking AAMC #10 today on little sleep - be back here with a score in a few hours.

One week!!

What's everyone up to? I'm taking AAMC #10 today on little sleep - be back here with a score in a few hours.

Good luck with #10! I took it yesterday and did better than I expected. Let me know how you feel about the PS section!

Today is, unfortunately, a schoolwork day. I have a mid-term in Med A&P tomorrow as well as some Organic I need to finish. Hopefully I can sneak in a bit of a review of some topics today, but we'll see.

Good luck with #10! I took it yesterday and did better than I expected. Let me know how you feel about the PS section!

Today is, unfortunately, a schoolwork day. I have a mid-term in Med A&P tomorrow as well as some Organic I need to finish. Hopefully I can sneak in a bit of a review of some topics today, but we'll see.

The PS section was the easiest I've ever run into, personally: PS is my biggest weakness, by far, and I got a 35 (12/12/11). I've taken 17 full lengths to date and I've only gotten a 12 on the PS of one other test, with an average PS score somewhere around 9.5 or 10. I think the reason it felt easier to me was that it was much more concept oriented than calculation heavy, which is just my style. Curiously I thought the VR section was much more difficult than normal, but I only missed 3 questions, which means that each question I missed was worth an entire point! Gah! That seems so unfair.

BS was tough, I'm not as good at the experimentally based stuff. VR is usually my strongest score followed by BS, so this whole test felt a little bit different to me.

Overall it was fine, but again I keep hoping to break the 35 mark and I just can't seem to get over it - the last three AAMC tests I've taken have all been 35s, despite weeks of study between. Ah well, at least the scores aren't going down! My last test to take will be AAMC #11, and I reaaaaally hope I don't get a lower score on that, mostly for mental psych-out reasons. It would be great to walk into the test with another 35 on that, or higher, but I can imagine being pretty disheartened if I do worse.

The PS section was the easiest I've ever run into, personally: PS is my biggest weakness, by far, and I got a 35 (12/12/11). I've taken 17 full lengths to date and I've only gotten a 12 on the PS of one other test, with an average PS score somewhere around 9.5 or 10. I think the reason it felt easier to me was that it was much more concept oriented than calculation heavy, which is just my style. Curiously I thought the VR section was much more difficult than normal, but I only missed 3 questions, which means that each question I missed was worth an entire point! Gah! That seems so unfair.

BS was tough, I'm not as good at the experimentally based stuff. VR is usually my strongest score followed by BS, so this whole test felt a little bit different to me.

Overall it was fine, but again I keep hoping to break the 35 mark and I just can't seem to get over it - the last three AAMC tests I've taken have all been 35s, despite weeks of study between. Ah well, at least the scores aren't going down! My last test to take will be AAMC #11, and I reaaaaally hope I don't get a lower score on that, mostly for mental psych-out reasons. It would be great to walk into the test with another 35 on that, or higher, but I can imagine being pretty disheartened if I do worse.

Seriously?!?! The easiest PS section? I thought it was easily my hardest. I have ranged from 10-13 on PS, and on AAMC 10 it was a 10. I sort of shot myself in the foot on a few, but it just seemed harder than usual. PS is my strong suit, which is why only getting a 10 is annoying.

I liked verbal and got an 11 (34/40). I agree that it sucks that only 1 or two answers can give you so many points in verbal.

I loved BS and got a 10. Let me be clear: I don't have any Organic, so I just extrapolate whatever I can from those passages and pray. So a 10 to me is like a godsend. Luckily, I've managed to increase my score in BS as the AAMC #'s get larger, so I think the experiment based stuff helps me.

I'm glad you're scoring consistently at least! My scores were a bit all over the place until recently. I started with a 28, 34, and 29. But since they've been, 30, 32, and 31, so I'm happy they're leveling out a bit.

You basically took the words out of my mouth concerning AAMC #11. I am taking it on Friday and hope I can get a 30. If I don't, I know I'll psyche myself out. At the moment, though, I'm pretty confident. Nice scores! Keep it up!

Seriously guys, I need help.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY.

I suck at post-gaming. Like, really badly. I have three MCAT's I just took on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I have written out the topics of what I've missed, but when I try to review, I just feel like I know the answer and don't really review the material that well. What should I do?!? Just read through my notes a bunch of times? Do some TPRH SW passages? I don't know guys.

Note: Pretty sure this is my moment when I realize there isn't much else I can do to improve my scores. That's a scary feeling.

Seriously?!?! The easiest PS section? I thought it was easily my hardest. I have ranged from 10-13 on PS, and on AAMC 10 it was a 10. I sort of shot myself in the foot on a few, but it just seemed harder than usual. PS is my strong suit, which is why only getting a 10 is annoying.

I liked verbal and got an 11 (34/40). I agree that it sucks that only 1 or two answers can give you so many points in verbal.

I loved BS and got a 10. Let me be clear: I don't have any Organic, so I just extrapolate whatever I can from those passages and pray. So a 10 to me is like a godsend. Luckily, I've managed to increase my score in BS as the AAMC #'s get larger, so I think the experiment based stuff helps me.

I'm glad you're scoring consistently at least! My scores were a bit all over the place until recently. I started with a 28, 34, and 29. But since they've been, 30, 32, and 31, so I'm happy they're leveling out a bit.

You basically took the words out of my mouth concerning AAMC #11. I am taking it on Friday and hope I can get a 30. If I don't, I know I'll psyche myself out. At the moment, though, I'm pretty confident. Nice scores! Keep it up!

The fact that your normal strength is PS and that's my normal weakness is probably why our PS scores flip-flopped on the same material, with you thinking it was hard and me thinking it was easy - like I said, I'm straight up horrible at calculation-heavy PS sections, and this had very few calculations, much more theoretical stuff, symbolic equation manipulation, etc. and I'm much more comfortable with that than, say, brute stoichiometry and thermochemistry.

My scores were much more inconsistent in the beginning too - I think we're approaching our "max out" levels, or at least that's what it feels like for me. I've scored everywhere from a 27 to a 35, and my last 4 or 5 full lengths were either 34 or 35, so as long as I score in that ballpark on AAMC#11 and the real test I can't complain, although my initial goal was a lot higher. Ah well, so it goes!

Yeah, and as for "what we should do now", I'm of the opinion that there's not a whole lot that can happen good or bad between now and next week. I'm going to take AAMC#11, review it, study my notes, keep memorizing some slightly more obscure formulas, do some verbal and PS passages on the side, etc. but I'm pretty sure I'll be scoring the same no matter what I do at this point. I've been cramming for 5 months, so one week compared to that is sort of like...zero time.

That doesn't have to be a scary thing though, to me it's relaxing! This week is like the 5-minute walk from your car to the lecture hall on the day of a final exam; there's nothing else you can do, you know basically everything you're going to know, and now there's nothing left but to do it.

(but of course I'm going to be cramming like a crazy fool all week hahaaa)

Seriously guys, I need help.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY.

I suck at post-gaming. Like, really badly. I have three MCAT's I just took on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I have written out the topics of what I've missed, but when I try to review, I just feel like I know the answer and don't really review the material that well. What should I do?!? Just read through my notes a bunch of times? Do some TPRH SW passages? I don't know guys.

Note: Pretty sure this is my moment when I realize there isn't much else I can do to improve my scores. That's a scary feeling.

At this point its just sharpening the saw...so just do some practice problems and review like you would for any exam.

As for me I have AAMC #11 left which I will be doing on Thursday,but between now and the d-day I will be going over my notes, flash cards, and watching Chad videos.

You guys seem way too calm. It's eerie. Robots, I bet.

Hahaaa calm isn't quite the right word - just a different form of fear I guess? One that you can't do anything about, so why bother? A month ago I might have called it a general state of being "worried", e.g. am I studying the right stuff, am I going to be ready, etc. But now, I'll admit, it's transformed into straight up anxiety. If I so much as *think* about test day, my heart just starts thrumming away on a mini adrenaline-induced rampage. So I'm not worried like I was a month ago, and that's good, because now there's so little we can do to change things. Now it's just a sort of mild, indefinable panic that will probably get weirder as the week goes on.

Fuuuuun.

Hahaaa calm isn't quite the right word - just a different form of fear I guess? One that you can't do anything about, so why bother? A month ago I might have called it a general state of being "worried", e.g. am I studying the right stuff, am I going to be ready, etc. But now, I'll admit, it's transformed into straight up anxiety. If I so much as *think* about test day, my heart just starts thrumming away on a mini adrenaline-induced rampage. So I'm not worried like I was a month ago, and that's good, because now there's so little we can do to change things. Now it's just a sort of mild, indefinable panic that will probably get weirder as the week goes on.

Fuuuuun.

Honestly, I am scoring higher than I envisioned myself, so I should be feeling good about this. BUT GUESS WHAT? I'M NOT :)

I am definitely a firm believer in the fact that no matter how high I would have scored on these practices, I would have never felt ready.

Really, I'm just happy to hear that I'm not the only one with that whole "heart racing fast thing" going on.

I'm just going to keep making jokes about it acting like it's no big deal. Maybe that'll help.

Aaaaannnnddd we all know that it won't.

Greetings All!

By the way, I did the first Passages in the Official Guide to the MCAT today. I don't know if the questions are necessarily harder, but they are much different than 3-10 (haven't taken 11). They seem to be almost exclusively conceptual. Actually, come to think of it, I would say a bit harder, just because they are abstract. I got an 11/12 in Physics/Gen Chem and a 10/14 in Biology/Organic. So, I don't know what to think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will stop being a lurker lol. I am a Nov7 taker but sort of been following both @lumberjack89 & @HCHopeful Both you crack me up and it is nice to see your improvements. Wishing you the best on the 21st!

I guess I will stop being a lurker lol. I am a Nov7 taker but sort of been following both @lumberjack89 & @HCHopeful Both you crack me up and it is nice to see your improvements. Wishing you the best on the 21st!

Ahh a November 7ther. I was trying to be like you, but alas! My state wouldn't allow it.

You are more than welcome to join our conversation as well, considering we have a grand total of... I think it's FOUR now (counting you, of course). Always nice to have a fresh voice join in!

How are your scores looking? Or have you begun the AAMC's?

How's everyone doing?

I decided to do passages from the TPRH Science workbook a few days ago, and it was going well until I realized I needed to seriously review fluid dynamics. I have been using wikipremed's physics flash cards which are simply amazing, but got so caught up in it that it's all I've been doing.

I always worry about not doing enough practice tests or passages. At this rate, I won't be able to start FL's until Wed or Thurs.

How many do people do before the real thing? I am thinking 3-5 might be all I could do.

This looks like a post that needed some love.

I will have done every AAMC by the time I test on the 21st. I think that's generally what most people [on SDN] do. If you have't started, I would do so immediately. Since you won't be able to take all of them, I would suggest the later tests.

Best of luck!

What's everyone doing the day before the test day?

Dunno, honestly. I've never been one to "relax" the day before a test. No way I'll put in more than 2 hours, though.

Probably a quick read through of my notes, then maybe look over Kaplan's quick sheet thing.

DID YOU KNOW? The only correct thing Kaplan did in regards to the MCAT was that sheet? Just a little fun fact for the day. (Joking, of course. Don't hurt me Kaplan reps)

Just finished AAMC 10- not my best, but not the worst either (but worst of last 4...). Still have AAMC 8 which I hope to take Saturday. Same boat as HCHopeful - just not sure what to study. I feel like I have the concepts down, only reason I miss questions is not due to lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of understanding. Any tips on how to improve that, or just call it good?

What's everyone doing the day before the test day?
Am just going to review all my flash cards. Anyone else feeling burnt out? I was doing GS FL 3 but just couldn't continue after PS and had a 10 smh. I still want to study though despite being so tired

Just finished AAMC 10- not my best, but not the worst either (but worst of last 4...). Still have AAMC 8 which I hope to take Saturday. Same boat as HCHopeful - just not sure what to study. I feel like I have the concepts down, only reason I miss questions is not due to lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of understanding. Any tips on how to improve that, or just call it good?
This!!! I feel like people who are naturally good with verbal are also very good with that. I have only been in the U.S for 5 years now so I struggle a lot with verbal. Help us guysss!!!

Ahh a November 7ther. I was trying to be like you, but alas! My state wouldn't allow it.

You are more than welcome to join our conversation as well, considering we have a grand total of... I think it's FOUR now (counting you, of course). Always nice to have a fresh voice join in!

How are your scores looking? Or have you begun the AAMC's?
Hahah. I have taken two FLs thus far, aamc3 (8PS/9VR/12BS) & aamc4 (10PS/8VR/11BS) Verbal timing is kicking ma butt. I was aiming for a 35 but at this point I will be happy to break 30. I hope to see an upward trend soon...

Hahah. I have taken two FLs thus far, aamc3 (8PS/9VR/12BS) & aamc4 (10PS/8VR/11BS) Verbal timing is kicking ma butt. I was aiming for a 35 but at this point I will be happy to break 30. I hope to see an upward trend soon...

I'd say you're in a good place if you want to go for a 30 through 2 full lengths and about 3.45ish weeks left. I took AAMC 7 first and got a 28, but it's only gone up since there. You'll start to get familiar and comfortable with AAMC style.

Keep us updated! Maybe I'll go and lurk over on the November 7th thread after I take on the 21st. It will give me something to do while I die of uncontrollable worry.