****The Official Ohio State Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Dang, I hadn't even considered the Blackwell being full; glad you were able to get a room! I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, might try to find a cheap local hotel, maybe even drive up there the morning of the interview. All I know so far is that both of my parents are coming with me, so probably going to be spending the night with them.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get room at Blackwell hotel for November 1? All sold out and I wanted to stay there, so its easier!! Where are you guys staying? Please any advice will be appreciated I am trying to spend very little on hotel since my plane ticket costs me like $1200 :(..I will be in middle of outreach mission trip so will be coming from overseas!! Please let me know if anyone wants to share hotel or something..thank you, I am just going broke, broke lol

I stayed at the RedRoof Inn Columbus on the Ohio State Campus. It was only $60 a night because there was NO way I was going to spend $185 a night to stay at the BlackWell. I walked over to the Blackwell in the morning, but you could take the #7 bus straight to the Blackwell in time for the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, just keeping this thread alive! Interviews were awesome, everyone seemed to think the experience went well.

Soydentista, I'm pretty sure I was sitting by you at the final part of our interview day (based on what you said above). Were you sitting near the end in the back row during the financial aid session? If that was you, I was the guy to your left! Hope your outreach is going well :)

Most surprising part of the day was probably when I saw people in the middle of "The Oval" playing Quidditch. Definitely saw someone get hit in the face with a bludger from afar lol

Hey everyone, just keeping this thread alive! Interviews were awesome, everyone seemed to think the experience went well.

Soydentista, I'm pretty sure I was sitting by you at the final part of our interview day (based on what you said above). Were you sitting near the end in the back row during the financial aid session? If that was you, I was the guy to your left! Hope your outreach is going well :)

Most surprising part of the day was probably when I saw people in the middle of "The Oval" playing Quidditch. Definitely saw someone get hit in the face with a bludger from afar lol

Hey, Yes i think that was me (long black hair with black suit), I remember you!!! nice meeting you... I loved the school it became my #1 choice :).. Just came back from my dental outreach trip sunday, was an amazing experience
EVerything during the interview was incredible amazing :) didn't feel like an interview at all.. All those questions were easy and it felt like just talking to friends.
By the way, I got a personal email from a person that interviewed me saying that he hopes to see me there on the fall 2014.. I don't know if everyone gets such email that but I am excited :p

Yep - nice meeting you too! I'm glad to hear your outreach went well, that must have been eye-opening. I did something similar in the Dominican Republic last May, and it really was a huge blessing to be able to go. Helped me see that one of the greatest rewards in dentistry is the people you get the privilege of treating.

Couldn't agree more about the interview, it was so laid back. I didn't get one of those emails, so that's great news; means you've probably got a good shot of getting in. Be sure to keep me posted once December 2nd rolls around, and best of luck! :)

Congrats guys. Hoping for a good news on december 2nd. :)

Did anyone else get an email that they are complete/incomplete on all prerequisites? Seems that OSU is very strict on their prerequisites...I got a -C in Organic chemistry and was told I need to retake and get C or above before I can start dental school if offered a seat and they are not sure if my "oral microbiology" satisfies the prerequisites for microbiology.. :( I was hoping next semester to be relaxing but it seems that I will be taking 5-6 science classes... and after all, I just laugh!!!:laugh:

Yes, I got an e-mail from them saying I need to take one more course. Unfortunately, I have already graduated but I was anticipating having to take this course for them and signed up already.

Just two more days, guys! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Just received the call at 10:22 this morning, I have been accepted!!:highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I wonder if they're doing it based on dates of interviews, who they want most, or if there is even any order at all. Man, forget the butterflies in my stomach, more like seagulls in there!

They just posted to facebook saying they are almost done with calls about 10 minutes ago so I guess we're waitlisted.

Dang, I'm really disappointed...

Guess that means I only have waitlists for now. Well, there's a purpose for everything that happens I 'spose...

:cryi:

Waitlisted and I was in the 1st interview :(..... Kinda bummed cause OSU was my #1.

Man, OSU was my top pick. I wonder if they're at least allowed to say how many people are on the instate and OOS waitlists, if not disclosing specific ranks. I'd imagine the instate waitlist is probably much harder to get accepted from since most people probably want the cheaper tuition, close to home, etc., as opposed to OOS waitlist having people that are just as likely to attend a different school.

Kind of lame being the creator of this thread and not getting in. Regardless, to all that did get accepted, I hope you have a great time at OSU, if that's where you decide to go - congratulations!

Man, OSU was my top pick. I wonder if they're at least allowed to say how many people are on the instate and OOS waitlists, if not disclosing specific ranks. I'd imagine the instate waitlist is probably much harder to get accepted from since most people probably want the cheaper tuition, close to home, etc., as opposed to OOS waitlist having people that are just as likely to attend a different school.

Kind of lame being the creator of this thread and not getting in. Regardless, to all that did get accepted, I hope you have a great time at OSU, if that's where you decide to go - congratulations!
I've been wondering the same things. You should call and ask if you're towards the top or bottom of the waitlist. I've heard from current students that since they can't tell you exact spots they'll give you a ballpark. Let me know if you ask though.

For those that were accepted. Do you know if a facebook page has been created yet?

I've been wondering the same things. You should call and ask if you're towards the top or bottom of the waitlist. I've heard from current students that since they can't tell you exact spots they'll give you a ballpark. Let me know if you ask though.

I may ask how many people are actually on the waitlist, but probably not my spot. That kinda seems desperate, but OSU is my top choice... will wait and decide when the time comes. I'll let you know what I end up doing, but it won't be for at least another week, probably more.

To answer the above, I assumed it was email based on the facebook post, but idk.

If I recall correctly, they cannot disclose your rank on the waitlist. However, I would call them semi-regularly so they are aware of your interest in attending.
I was on the waitlist last year and got in. I remember they told me exactly where I was on the waitlist and when I would call they would keep me updated on my situation. They are the most transparent school I dealt with during the application process.

I was on the waitlist last year and got in. I remember they told me exactly where I was on the waitlist and when I would call they would keep me updated on my situation. They are the most transparent school I dealt with during the application process.
Even if in the email they wrote they cant tell us? Also IS or OOS? Thanks

If you wouldn't mind, would you be able to tell me what number you were on the waitlist? Maybe PM me? If you don't want to say I understand.

I just checked the ADEA book with all the stats on the classes from last year. Last year, Ohio State interviewed 107 in state and ended up accepting 102 of those, with a final enrollment of 88. So if you're in state and wait listed, there's still a pretty decent shot of getting in.

Even if in the email they wrote they cant tell us? Also IS or OOS? Thanks
I guess policy might have changed. I was OOS. The past few years they went through nearly the whole waitlist. A little over 200 interviewed and 110 accepted. Odds are pretty good compared to a lot of places. They were aiming for 15 OOS last year I think.

Haven't heard anything back from OSU. The portal still says "invited for interview". Anyone else in the same boat? I'm assuming it means I'm wait listed. I'm OOS and had a pre-dec interview for what its worth.

Edit: Just got the wait list email.

Last edited:
I just checked the ADEA book with all the stats on the classes from last year. Last year, Ohio State interviewed 107 in state and ended up accepting 102 of those, with a final enrollment of 88. So if you're in state and wait listed, there's still a pretty decent shot of getting in.

Wow, those are indeed very good odds for in-state. If OOS, I'd imagine that a lot of OOS people are choosing their own state schools or other places as well. I think I remember reading on this thread last year that the OOS list moves pretty rapidly, and that someone ranked 36 on OOS list ended up getting in, but not positive on that.

I'm guessing once one list is complete, the other goes much faster too.

I know this is rough guys, but don't lose hope yet - I want to see all of you at OSU next year. We've made it this far, and we've still got a shot!

Edit: Is there any way you could provide a link to that ADEA book? I'm having difficulty finding it. Thanks!

Rejected. OOS.

Sorry to hear that lwen5. I think it is pretty difficult to get interviews for OSU if you're OOS because they're a state school. Don't give up though, you have a chance of getting in at a few other schools you applied to.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, in the alternate email, it says:

"To accept a position on our alternate list, please contact us as soon as possible. In addition, please complete all enclosed materials and submit by stated deadlines, as if you were accepted. Should you be offered a seat, all of your materials will be on file."

Does the bold portion simply refer to courses that need to be completed, AADSAS requirements, supplemental applications, etc.?

Hey everyone, in the alternate email, it says:

"To accept a position on our alternate list, please contact us as soon as possible. In addition, please complete all enclosed materials and submit by stated deadlines, as if you were accepted. Should you be offered a seat, all of your materials will be on file."

Does the bold portion simply refer to courses that need to be completed, AADSAS requirements, supplemental applications, etc.?
Pretty sure there is a packet to fill out. If you go to their admissions page, and click on applicants towards the bottom it says "accepted/waitlist packet 2018 coming soon". Info for background check, immunizations, etc.

Wow, those are indeed very good odds for in-state. If OOS, I'd imagine that a lot of OOS people are choosing their own state schools or other places as well. I think I remember reading on this thread last year that the OOS list moves pretty rapidly, and that someone ranked 36 on OOS list ended up getting in, but not positive on that.

I know this is rough guys, but don't lose hope yet - I want to see all of you at OSU next year. We've made it this far, and we've still got a shot!

Edit: Is there any way you could provide a link to that ADEA book? I'm having difficulty finding it. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that lwen5. I think it is pretty difficult to get interviews for OSU if you're OOS because they're a state school. Don't give up though, you have a chance of getting in at a few other schools you applied to.

thanks man. I know OSU is your dream school, I hope you get accepted.

Thanks Syap!

I appreciate that lwen, best of luck to you too! Which schools have given you offers or waitlists/post-dec interviews? I'd normally just check the main thread, but it's kind of crazy celebration in there still.

Last edited:

http://www.adea.org/publications/Pages/OfficialGuide.aspx

To TheHostess:

Strangely enough, I couldn't see any of the tables. In Chapter 3 it said the information was in figures 3.1-7, but none of the figures showed up. I'll just take your word on it.

Expat:

Haven't yet received the packet. I did find where it is though, we just can't currently access it like someone said above. That really is quite a bit to fill out, but I was reading through some of it and couldn't help feeling excited. Example: I was looking at the dress code and it was talking about the gray scrubs and the way they want you to look to help maintain a suitable patient environment and the professional image of the school. Even the shoes and under-clothes need to be scarlet, gray, black, or white. I know I might be crazy, but the thought of getting to don those scrubs along with the scarlet and gray, and taking the next step towards becoming a dentist at OSU would be such an honor and joy!

Also, thanks for the reassurance. It would truly be amazing to go to OSU, and I'm definitely still set on going there. I think I can speak for quite a few others in this thread that would love that opportunity as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Also, are our acceptance packages coming via email?
check on the email they sent you that says : Please refer to our website " link provided" just click on it ( gives you package for accepted/alternate forms).. Good luck

I am on the website but I don't see any link yet. soydentista, can you share the link here?

I am on the website but I don't see any link yet. soydentista, can you share the link here?
they sent out another email today with link...lots of forms to fill out...god, idk where my immunization record is...

If you're on the wait list I would suggest calling the admissions office. I just called and inquired as to what my general position on the list was and they were pretty straightforward about telling me. Also, they told me there are about 40 people on the in state wait list and most of the movement happens at the deposit deadline. Good luck to everyone else on the wait list whom OSU is your first choice, and congrats to everyone who has already been accepted.

I called and I'm OOS and I'm around the middle of the wait list. Anyone have any idea how much movement there typically is for the OOS list?

If you're on the wait list I would suggest calling the admissions office. I just called and inquired as to what my general position on the list was and they were pretty straightforward about telling me. Also, they told me there are about 40 people on the in state wait list and most of the movement happens at the deposit deadline. Good luck to everyone else on the wait list whom OSU is your first choice, and congrats to everyone who has already been accepted.

Yikes, 40 people? That seems like an awful lot compared to last year (107 total in-state interviewees?).

Yeah, I'm a little confused by that.

Well, I guess we also need to bear in mind that people still haven't made deposits yet, which will funnel out some of the people on the waitlist to a more reasonable number. Also, that number may not be as far off as it seems.

If 88/110 people accepted so far are in-state, that would only mean that ~130 people from Ohio were interviewed (~40 waitlisted currently from what was said above). It isn't too much more than the 107 from last year. Plus, more will surely be accepted. I bet at least 15 of those waitlisted, maybe up to 20 would be accepted. We'll estimate 17 accepted from wait list, that puts you at 105/130 total accepted. That's not very far off from last year, and still gives a pretty decent shot of getting in.