****The Official Ohio State Interview/Acceptance Thread class of 2021: Go Bucks!****

Pugmom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow Bucks, didn't see a thread for us up yet so here it is!

Best of Luck to All!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview dates are 9/17, 10/22, 11/4, and 11/9 according to an email I got from them. Invites go out one month prior.

Interview dates are 9/17, 10/22, 11/4, and 11/9 according to an email I got from them. Invites go out one month prior.

Yep. And I am an undergrad here so I can help y'all figure out where to stay and stuff if you get an interview. If I get an interview and we have the same interview date, we can walk together too and I'll pick you up from your hotel. I wanna help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Yep. And I am an undergrad here so I can help y'all figure out where to stay and stuff if you get an interview. If I get an interview and we have the same interview date, we can walk together too and I'll pick you up from your hotel. I wanna help!

Hopefully we will get to meet!

Reactions: 1 user
Bad news. Just got the email reading:

"Thank you for submitting your application to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Your application is complete and is now under review. All complete files will be considered for an interview. Invitations for interviews go out one month prior to the scheduled interview date. The 2016 interviews will take place on:

Saturday, September 17
Saturday, October 22
Friday, November 4
Saturday, November 19"

So apparently they won't notify us until 8/17 :(

Bad news. Just got the email reading:

"Thank you for submitting your application to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Your application is complete and is now under review. All complete files will be considered for an interview. Invitations for interviews go out one month prior to the scheduled interview date. The 2016 interviews will take place on:

Saturday, September 17
Saturday, October 22
Friday, November 4
Saturday, November 19"

So apparently they won't notify us until 8/17 :(

That's in less than two weeks though?

True. It's just that last year interviews went out earlier, well, today (8/5) :/

The first interview date is for OOS applicants only, so if you are in state no worries!

Members don't see this ad :)
Christine Lindner, OSU admissions office. Yes, the one in September.

I know :bang: But with classes starting up and preparing for interviews it will be here fast!

The first interview date is for OOS applicants only, so if you are in state no worries!

Wowza, and here I was basically just counting down every day to the 17th...I might die having to wait until late September

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on making it this far future buckeyes! Can't wait to find out if I get in!

What's everyone's stats?
In state
Sci: 3.63
Overall: 3.65

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 24/25/20/23

In-state :)

Sci: 3.77
O: 3.85

DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 24/22/24/23

So I think that this Wednesday is the official "we can expect people to get invites" day. The 17th is one month before the first interview, and that's how they did it last year (I think!)

Yay

Oh is it different for in staters? When are their interviews?

Interesting. So does that mean if we don't hear anything on Wednesday we can pretty much count ourselves out? And where did you learn this?

Interesting. So does that mean if we don't hear anything on Wednesday we can pretty much count ourselves out? And where did you learn this?
I had called the admissions office for a few questions regarding my application/OOS acceptance chances. I don't know if we would necessarily count ourselves out. All I was told was that the first interview date out of the four is only for OOS students - maybe there is still a small sliver of hope afterwords, but personally I'm going to count myself out if I don't hear anything for that first date.

Well awesome, thanks for the information! It is appreciated!

Any OOSers get an invite yet for the 9/17 interview?

nope. The only thing i noticed is that my application status changed from 'Received/under review' to 'Received/Application complete'. I am confused! :/

Their Facebook just posted that they are about to start calling the out of state people to invite them for an interview so keep your phone on out of state people!

Just got a call!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats y'all! I go here for undergrad and I work in the dental school so I'll be seeing y'all!

I'm an undergrad here btw so if any of y'all want to stay at my place the night before your interview, message me! My roommate said he's fine with it for a cheap price.

Congrats to all the OOS folk who got a call! Bummed I didn't hear back from OSU but you win some you lose some.