***The Official Ohio State University c/o 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got the call! Apparently a two day interview process, which is nice. Just hope I can make it back home in time for trick or treating (I have four kids, three of whom are of trick or treat age)
Got a call too! If I'm this excited for an invite, I can't imagine if I get accepted:soexcited:

SO JEALOUS ...I was hoping since it was quiet and the facebook for them didnt have any info about expecting calls that they would be calling tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call! Apparently a two day interview process, which is nice. Just hope I can make it back home in time for trick or treating (I have four kids, three of whom are of trick or treat age)

Hmm how come my interview date (10/23) is only a one day event?

Got a call this morning!!! October 31st interview! I can't wait. I am an Ohio resident, so as long as I don't screw it up at this point, hopefully I have a good shot at getting in...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh so Oct 14th is gonna be the last call for interview invites....fingers crossed :help::barf:

Ugh so Oct 14th is gonna be the last call for interview invites....fingers crossed :help::barf:

Don't fret! Lots of interview invites still to go out. Plus I'll see you in Portland this weekend, eh?

For anyone who has been to an interview or has one on the 31st- are you wearing a suit both Friday and Saturday or just business casual on Friday and a suit on Saturday?

It's just business casual on Friday and then suits on Saturday. I went to the one on Sept. 5th and that's how it was. Its very informational and laid back so don't be nervous! They try to sell the school to you because they want all of us to come.

It's just business casual on Friday and then suits on Saturday. I went to the one on Sept. 5th and that's how it was. Its very informational and laid back so don't be nervous! They try to sell the school to you because they want all of us to come.

Awesome- that's what I was thinking, thank you! I can't wait for it!

Business casual is so broadly defined. What did you wear?

I wore dark pants and a shirt with a tie. But a lot of people didn't even have ties in and some had khaki or lighter colored pants.
I'm not sure about business casual for women lol.

Did anyone's status change from Under Review (from when they submitted their entire application - supplement included) to Application Complete? Mine did a couple weeks ago and I didn't get called for any interviews...I think this might mean a rejection.

Did anyone's status change from Under Review (from when they submitted their entire application - supplement included) to Application Complete? Mine did a couple weeks ago and I didn't get called for any interviews...I think this might mean a rejection.
Mine also says application complete but I don't think it ever changed to "under review" I'm not sure though

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine also says application complete but I don't think it ever changed to "under review" I'm not sure though

Did you get a call for an interview? When was your full application submitted? My full app was submitted in the third week of August and at that time, my status changed from Waiting for More Info to Under Review. And then on Sept 18 it changed to application complete.

Did you get a call for an interview? When was your full application submitted? My full app was submitted in the third week of August and at that time, my status changed from Waiting for More Info to Under Review. And then on Sept 18 it changed to application complete.
I got an E-mail on Sept. 10 saying my application was complete. I don't think it ever went to "under review" only, application complete on my portal. I haven't gotten a call for an interview.

I got an E-mail on Sept. 10 saying my application was complete. I don't think it ever went to "under review" only, application complete on my portal. I haven't gotten a call for an interview.
Yeah I got that email too. Hopefully we hear back this Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone interviewed yet? Any tips, advice or details on your experience?

Mine changed from complete in early September to under review mid September and then back to complete on 9/21

I think they have sent out some rejections (I saw someone accidentally posted in the OHSU forum on accident they got a rejection from Ohio State) so hopefully we get the call Weds

Mine changed from complete in early September to under review mid September and then back to complete on 9/21

I think they have sent out some rejections (I saw someone accidentally posted in the OHSU forum on accident they got a rejection from Ohio State) so hopefully we get the call Weds

Ok so they do send out rejections then? Because I just thought they only notified people if they get an interview and if you don't get an interview call then you just automatically assume that you got rejected. If I do actually get rejected then I would rather have them notify me that I got rejected then just wait to see if I get a call for an interview or not (I hope I do get the call on Wednesday though lol).

Ok so they do send out rejections then? Because I just thought they only notified people if they get an interview and if you don't get an interview call then you just automatically assume that you got rejected. If I do actually get rejected then I would rather have them notify me that I got rejected then just wait to see if I get a call for an interview or not (I hope I do get the call on Wednesday though lol).
That's what I heard too, you either get an interview or not but I'm not sure. I prefer straight rejection too lol HOPEFULLY WE GET CALLS ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Oooo, calls go out on Wednesday? Hope to hear back.

Reactions: 1 user
For the people that haven't heard back from OSU yet, when was your entire application submitted? I heard that if you submit your application later, then you usually get a late interview.

My application was submitted a few days after the portal opened, and my transcripts were in about two weeks after that. Anybody know what time interview invites go out this morning? I ask because I have work here pretty soon, and I am biting my nails/pacing in anticipation.

Last edited:
The day is upon us....from what I have noticed from previous invite dates was that they start calling early....like 9AM ET or so....that makes me nervous since I have not yet received a call

Well I didn't get call. I guess that change in status on AADSAS did mean a rejection.

Ohio instate
ogpa 3.57 sgpa 3.43
AA 20 TS 19 PAT 18 RC 25 QR 20

Ohio instate - OSU Alum
ogpa 3.33 sgpa 3.6
AA 20 TS 18 PAT 18 RC 23 QR 21

I had a big upward trend in my grades - undergrad was not so hot
double business major
100 volunteer hours
~ 200 shadowing hours

Last edited:
Have any OOS people heard back yet, or from recent invites? Haven't seen too many.

Have any OOS people heard back yet, or from recent invites? Haven't seen too many.
I'm OOS, been anxiously awaiting the call, but to no avail yet :/. Did they say somewhere that calls only go out until a certain time of day? People seem pretty confident that their chances of hearing today are over for some reason.

I'm OOS, been anxiously awaiting the call, but to no avail yet :/. Did they say somewhere that calls only go out until a certain time of day? People seem pretty confident that their chances of hearing today are over for some reason.
No confirmed end time for the calls as far as I know. I think we can hear back up until afternoonish, that's what ive seen in previous invites.

My phone went off....it was a 614 number.....it was my old coworker calling me...son of a .....

Reactions: 3 users
All I know is that they posted 17 mins ago "today we will be making last round of calls"

I wonder what OSU does if people decide to not accept the interview or even have to cancel their interview...I read before that some schools call other candidates that live close by that were on the "maybe" pile since they don't have to plan far in advance as far as airfare and hotels go. I may have to ask if I don't get a call.

I'm refreshing this page is a crazy person, not because i'm crazy but because I wanna see if anyone get a call lol