****The Official OHSU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Anyone receive any additional info (besides the 1k deposit and email thing) from the school since acceptance?
I haven't, but I'm working on completing the immunization form that I found on the website. Other than that I think they'll be sending other info in the next weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive any additional info (besides the 1k deposit and email thing) from the school since acceptance?

you won't really get anything else until about a month out when you get your financial aid packet. when you get that you'll also get a packet of info about your first week of school, what to wear, dress code, integrity booster (online course you have to take for being at a hospital). then on the first day you'll get a huge packet of stuff as you go through the school orientation with the med school, PA and nursing students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still sending out interview invites for OOS students?

Just a heads up for those of you still hoping for an interview, I got accepted to one of my other schools this past week and decided that I'm going there instead. Hopefully one of y'all get my seat! I'm OOS. Good luck! I felt like OHSU was a great school.

Are any of you guys looking for roommates? I contacted kdrp but he seemed to be already squared away. It would be nice to room with people from the entering class.

Hello all,

I'm a current MS2, and I know it's late in the process but I would be willing to answer any questions you all have. I don't know if it has already been covered in this or another forum, but OHSU is doing a curriculum transformation that starts with your incoming class, and though it's not completely finalized yet (as far as I know) I am in touch with one of the physicians involved in the process.

Hello all,

I'm a current MS2, and I know it's late in the process but I would be willing to answer any questions you all have. I don't know if it has already been covered in this or another forum, but OHSU is doing a curriculum transformation that starts with your incoming class, and though it's not completely finalized yet (as far as I know) I am in touch with one of the physicians involved in the process.

Thank you! This is the Dental Forum though.. will it affect the DMD program too?

Aaahh...my bad. Careless mistake on my part. That's what happens when you do a Google search. Sorry guys.

I honestly don't know about other schools outside of the school of medicine. I imagine they will be affected somehow. OHSU received a large grant to create a new curriculum, it's going to be unlike any other curriculum in the country (based on what I've heard).

Anyways, off to the med forum I go. Good luck in your future careers!!!

Hello Guys, I had an interview today. Mark told me there are more seats! They are extending interviews out to first week of June! I thought this was really interesting.

I received an interview invitation on Sunday night. I will be interviewing this Thursday. For all of those curious, I'm a Washington resident.

Reactions: 1 user
Recieved my interview invite yesterday. Interviewing on Tuesday. I'm in-state for those interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
12 spots available, potentially 14 since 2 students are double-booked. They said there are way more OOS spots than IS. I didn't ask for anything more specific. The new dental building is amazing!

Edit: Oh, there was an e-mail waiting in my inbox when I returned home...accepted!

Last edited:
got accepted oos, would love to go to ohsu, new building, portland is awesome! however... ridiculously expensive... couldn't justify going, wish I were an oregon resident!! so if your hoping for an interview, a new spot has opened!

Anyone able to login to their ohsu.edu email?

How did you get in? The initial password doesn't work for me.

I got the email that they gave me the password before i could change it. I followed the instructions to set it up. Once i picked my own password i went to mail.ohsu.edu and was able to log on

I got the email that they gave me the password before i could change it. I followed the instructions to set it up. Once i picked my own password i went to mail.ohsu.edu and was able to log on

Odd. I did the same thing. I can log into everything else but my email doesn't work. Did they send us any relevant info through the email yet?

Odd. I did the same thing. I can log into everything else but my email doesn't work. Did they send us any relevant info through the email yet?

Thats weird! You should call them.. and no i havent. I think they are still interviewing...

Does anyone know if they allow you to change your residency and pay in-state tuition after the first or second years?

Does anyone know if they allow you to change your residency and pay in-state tuition after the first or second years?

They dont. If you are out of state you will remain out of state all 4 yrs.

I got an interview letter. I am going this thursday. I am a WA resident. What are my chances??!!! ive been to this school and i really like it.

I got an interview letter. I am going this thursday. I am a WA resident. What are my chances??!!! ive been to this school and i really like it.

Did you receive the letter via regular mail or email?

95% acceptance rate for OOS.

Source:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2013-guide-mini-guide-to-dental-school-admission.942453/

Download Section 3 its on page 3 of the document.

------------------

Can anyone tell me if the facebook group is active? Any useful info? I don't have a facebook account.

Still looking for a roommate if anyone is looking for one.

Last edited:
Interviewed 2 weeks ago and was told there were about 10 spots left at the time. I am in-state and was accepted Thursday. I was told the plans are to finalize the class as well as the waitlist this week. Best of luck to everybody interviewing this week!

I got accepted too!! received the letter the day of my interview!

I was looking through the OHSU facebook and I noticed way back in Dec. someone mentioned collecting teeth. Did the school ever send out this letter? Are we responsible for collecting teeth?

I was interviewed yesterday and accepted today! Mark said they had about five spots left and they're trying to fill them by Friday. It's a lot of money but the new building is bananas. They really needed the upgrade.

I was looking through the OHSU facebook and I noticed way back in Dec. someone mentioned collecting teeth. Did the school ever send out this letter? Are we responsible for collecting teeth?

Kinda sucks that they just NOW sent us an email about teeth collection. I thought they were going to supply us with teeth considering its about a month until matriculation...

Last edited:
Kinda sucks that they just NOW sent us an email about collection teeth. I thought they were going to supply us with teeth considering its about a month until matriculation...

I talked to current students about this and they said there's no rush. We won't actually use our collected teeth until we get a ways into school. Other people often have enough to share, too. It's still a good idea to get started soon though, so we'll have plenty to work on.

Is anyone's secure mailbox working? I can't log in to mine.

Lol, just got an email rejection form these ****. I would have chosen them over MWU, but oh well :/