****The Official OHSU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got the competitive email yesterday!

Residency: Instate
GPA (science, overall): 4.0 BCP, 3.93 science, 3.90 overall.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
23/24/22/26/no.

23/24/22/26/no.
Congrats dude. You have strong stats , I'm surprised they didn't send you the letter earlier. This waiting game is driving us nuts....

Members don't see this ad :)

23/24/22/26/no.

wow are you for real? your grades are like perfect, im surprised you haven't been interviewed and accepted by them yet... lol

Hey Everyone! Congrats on all of those of you who have been accepted! I am a current 1st year here at OHSU, Feel free to message me any questions you may have. Some of my class mates and I have created a FB group for you all that have been accepted, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/877560418950729/

Post any questions you have on there!

Congrats!

Eddie

I got my competitive email on Monday (right after my Biochem final)!

Congrats dude. You have strong stats , I'm surprised they didn't send you the letter earlier. This waiting game is driving us nuts....

wow are you for real? your grades are like perfect, im surprised you haven't been interviewed and accepted by them yet... lol

Thanks, when they say apply early, they mean it, lol. Got my application in late September. Had a hard time committing to a personal statement. I think I got overly concerned with trying to make it perfect, instead of just getting it done. Good luck to everyone, still a whole lot of time left in the OHSU cycle!

Thanks, when they say apply early, they mean it, lol. Got my application in late September. Had a hard time committing to a personal statement. I think I got overly concerned with trying to make it perfect, instead of just getting it done. Good luck to everyone, still a whole lot of time left in the OHSU cycle!

Last edited:
Hey Everyone! Congrats on all of those of you who have been accepted! I am a current 1st year here at OHSU, Feel free to message me any questions you may have. Some of my class mates and I have created a FB group for you all that have been accepted, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/877560418950729/

Post any questions you have on there!

Congrats!

Eddie

How do you like the school so far and the new administration? I know some 4th years were having issues with the new dean but I was wondering how the first years were liking it there. Thanks for setting up the Facebook group!

I am so sick of their emails... I keep thinking it is an interview invite, but nope, just a reminder that I can update my AADSAS. -_-

How do you like the school so far and the new administration? I know some 4th years were having issues with the new dean but I was wondering how the first years were liking it there. Thanks for setting up the Facebook group!

With the new dean there are things that we are trying to advocate for like not HAVING to purchase books (because some of us don't use them), and we have heard there have been curriculum changes but we don't know the extent of them, since we don't know what the 3-4yrs went through.

Feel free to post this question on the FB group, I'm sure my classmates will elaborate more

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many, or the percentage of available spots that have already been offered? Or the number of interviews that have been held?
I know OHSU is behind, I just don't want to get my hopes up if I shouldn't!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many, or the percentage of available spots that have already been offered? Or the number of interviews that have been held?
I know OHSU is behind, I just don't want to get my hopes up if I shouldn't!

There are between 10 to 15 seats that are filled so far. Majority of applicants get in between January to March so do not stress out. My friend got accepted in June last year. OHSU process is not comparable to other schools. They do take their time and tend to be very slow.

It's so weird how much they take their time. Well at least you know if your oos and get an interview your pretty much accepted

There are between 10 to 15 seats that are filled so far. Majority of applicants get in between January to March so do not stress out. My friend got accepted in June last year. OHSU process is not comparable to other schools. They do take their time and tend to be very slow.
That's very good to know! Thanks a lot! I'll keep my hopes up then! :)

Invitation to interview email tonight. Very excited, and nervous now. Good luck everyone.

Went on a tour of the new school over winter break - loved it! They needed a new school pretty bad, and it's amazing. As far as interviews go they are trying to not take too long, but are about 1/3 of the way through applications (not interviews?). Keep your fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on January 6th and got my acceptance on January 9th!! I am so happy because this school was my number one choice! :soexcited:
Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
Once you are accepted, do you wait until you receive the admissions packet and then accept the offer? Just curious since they have the 30 day deadline!

Once you are accepted, do you wait until you receive the admissions packet and then accept the offer? Just curious since they have the 30 day deadline!
Yeah they'll send a packet with all the instructions. Congrats!

Got an invite through my portal! Will they send me a formal interview invite email as well??

Got an invite through my portal! Will they send me a formal interview invite email as well??

Yeah they should send you an email and then you have to call them to schedule it! Good luck! :)

Finally got an interview invite but will be declining. Really wanted to consider this school!

Finally got an interview invite but will be declining. Really wanted to consider this school!
Same here!!!! Just got an interview invite but I'll be declining :( I'm also WICHE so good luck to the deserving WICHE applicant who gets my interviewing spot!

Last edited:
Got an interview invite last night. If I schedule it for the end of March will that be too late you guys think? Just trying to get a feel for how full the class will be by then.

Got an interview invite last night. If I schedule it for the end of March will that be too late you guys think? Just trying to get a feel for how full the class will be by then.

If it's your first choice then I would schedule it for as soon as possible.. Late March is pushing it, even if it is a back up!

Just got an interview invite but declined it. Hope that helps Someone else! :)

Anyone know of hotels that have shuttles?

Any hotel downtown that is on the streetcar route will be easy to get to the school. It is on the South Waterfront on the west side of the river so I would concentrate on that area. River place is a good suggestion.

Update: I got my acceptance to OHSU class of 2019! Stoked! I'm kinda bummed to see so many people on this thread turning down their interviews. If you are on the fence I highly recommend visiting the new school and seeing how nice it is. I also think Portland is an awesome town. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

I'm so happy, I didn't have super great statistics. For my DAT I got AA:19 TS:18 GC: 17 OC: 18 GB: 19 RC: 22 QR: 17 PAT: 19, My gpa was at a 3.6 after AADSAS does the final grading (eliminating plus and minuses) So for me I was right at the average entering class stats. It can be discouraging for anyone out there worried that they don't have that strong of an application. I applied and I thought mine was far from strong but this really proves it isn't all about the stats to get in. At my interview the interviewers said how they loved my personal statement. I mentioned a lot of my struggles to get here today. I also worked at a dental office as a sterilizer for 3 years and have about 1500 hours of shadowing basically. I've been exposed to the field for about 6 years though because I have shadowed at other offices before that. For dexterity skills I didn't have the luxury growing up to learn how to play the piano which is a common answer most people use. Instead I told them how I love stringing tennis racquets because I work at a tennis center and I absolutely have been in love with the sport growing up. Most people do think, isn't tennis a luxury sport? I was actually lucky to have found a non-profit program called PAST&e (Portland After School Tennis & Education) where they helped improve my tennis skills with no payment. I just volunteered my time to this organization to pay them back as much as possible. OHSU is a school where they want to make sure you're a great and caring person, you have a lot of exposure to the field and your well rounded. For anyone out there who is discouraged about their DAT scores or grades, don't lose hope yet. When I hear of other people getting in with a 17 on their DAT or a 3.3 for their GPA , they gave me hope to keep working hard and that the possibilities are limitless. I applied late September, didn't hear back until December for an interview, interviewed on Jan.6th and heard back by Jan 9th. I just want to encourage everyone out there to have faith in yourself and keep trying!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on Friday. Campus was amazing! Now I'm anxiously awaiting an email :)

Interviewed on Friday. Campus was amazing! Now I'm anxiously awaiting an email :)

Good luck dude. You have great stats so nothing to worry about. Do you know how many spots are left? When did you have your application completed? Thank you

We were told they were somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 full, so plenty of room left in the class. I applied to OHSU early Sept

Oh and Thank You ;)

Hey folks,
Still waiting for word (my ADEAA status is blabity blah multi leveled review, and I have the received email from OHSU)

Residency: IS
GPA: 3.95, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading) 24/24/18/28

Luck to us all ;)

I'm so happy, I didn't have super great statistics. For my DAT I got AA:19 TS:18 GC: 17 OC: 18 GB: 19 RC: 22 QR: 17 PAT: 19, My gpa was at a 3.6 after AADSAS does the final grading (eliminating plus and minuses) So for me I was right at the average entering class stats. It can be discouraging for anyone out there worried that they don't have that strong of an application. I applied and I thought mine was far from strong but this really proves it isn't all about the stats to get in. At my interview the interviewers said how they loved my personal statement. I mentioned a lot of my struggles to get here today. I also worked at a dental office as a sterilizer for 3 years and have about 1500 hours of shadowing basically. I've been exposed to the field for about 6 years though because I have shadowed at other offices before that. For dexterity skills I didn't have the luxury growing up to learn how to play the piano which is a common answer most people use. Instead I told them how I love stringing tennis racquets because I work at a tennis center and I absolutely have been in love with the sport growing up. Most people do think, isn't tennis a luxury sport? I was actually lucky to have found a non-profit program called PAST&e (Portland After School Tennis & Education) where they helped improve my tennis skills with no payment. I just volunteered my time to this organization to pay them back as much as possible. OHSU is a school where they want to make sure you're a great and caring person, you have a lot of exposure to the field and your well rounded. For anyone out there who is discouraged about their DAT scores or grades, don't lose hope yet. When I hear of other people getting in with a 17 on their DAT or a 3.3 for their GPA , they gave me hope to keep working hard and that the possibilities are limitless. I applied late September, didn't hear back until December for an interview, interviewed on Jan.6th and heard back by Jan 9th. I just want to encourage everyone out there to have faith in yourself and keep trying!

Thank you so much for posting this encouraging message! I can't believe that I almost have the same EXACT DAT scores and GPA as yours, and this is my second time applying to the school of dentistry at OHSU, and your words are new hopes to me and of course, I won't give up easily until the very end! I don't know what more to say but really, really appreciate your kind words!

Reactions: 1 users
Just interviewed today at OHSU. I'm an in-state applicant. Good luck to all the hard working OHSU candidates!!! :)

Last edited:
Got my acceptance today! OHSU Class of 2019!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I am a pre-dental student who interviewed at OHSU Jan. 12, but still haven't had any response yet. Is there anyone still awaiting a response? I'm just curious and worried at the same time. I'm seeing a lot of individuals on here get accepted a few days after their interview, some a little later, but not by much. Is this common?

I agree, I wouldn't worry yet. It's still very early in the cycle. It would be nice to hear back early but I know people who had to wait couple of months last year. Best of luck.

Got the interview invite today! But... Will have to say no unfortunately. Sounds like a great school!