****The Official OHSU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Interviewed 2 weeks ago, just got my acceptance via email! I am OOS and will be accepting the offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone....quick question. Where should I send a letter of interest? And who should I write it to? Email or snail mail?

When I called and asked they said not to send a letter of interest. They know I'm interested because I applied, and anything I send that isn't requested will be ignored. Did anyone else receive that feedback from the school?

Reactions: 1 user
When I called and asked they said not to send a letter of interest. They know I'm interested because I applied, and anything I send that isn't requested will be ignored. Did anyone else receive that feedback from the school?

Hhmmm that's strange. My friend who goes there told me I could send updates to someone (forgot their name), but I guess not anymore...however, this was from two cycles ago so they must have changed it recently/they person isn't working there anymore/my friend was lying to me haha!

Anyone heard about interview invites lately?

I know someone who just got an invite. Last time I talked to Mark the class was getting pretty full.

I know someone who just got an invite. Last time I talked to Mark the class was getting pretty full.
Okay thanks. I got the competitive email months ago and it's been silent ever since. I called once to check in and they said they were just taking the interview process slowly. But this forum has been quiet lately so I didn't know if maybe they were full?

I talked to Mark a couple days ago. The class is almost full and they should be wrapping everything up in the next couple weeks. Since there is often a little movement up through August, I'm assuming he just means everything major will be done this month.

Can anybody provide insight into which science based 1-year masters programs in Oregon would be good to look at to improve my application? Are there any online graduate programs that are reputable and a good option as well? It seems that all of the biomedical science masters programs are mainly East Coast.

I talked to Mark a couple days ago. The class is almost full and they should be wrapping everything up in the next couple weeks. Since there is often a little movement up through August, I'm assuming he just means everything major will be done this month.

How full are we talking? Do you think they still have at least 20 spots left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called and they said that all interview invites have been sent out and they expect to make final decisions by the end of this month. :dead::whoa:

Just called and they said that all interview invites have been sent out and they expect to make final decisions by the end of this month. :dead::whoa:
Sad news. Guess I'll be reapplying next year. Thanks for sharing! It's always better to know

Had an interview this week, really hoping for good news! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

I just had an interview today. PMed me if you have questions! Class is getting full as there are 3 more interviews this Thursday. Last interview date as of now is April 17.

Hey guys! I was accepted last friday and I am super excited to go to OHSU. I am OOS from Colorado and I am now trying to figure out my next steps. How long did it take you to recieve your packet in the mail? its been five days and I am worried because it has to be in by May 1st and I dont know how much stuff I have to complete and send in. Is it a huge list of things to do? Also, how do I go about finding a roommate and place to live? I would obviously love to find another freshman and live with her so we can share the same experiences. Is there a website for all us accepted ppl to find roomies? Thanks for the help guys!

Hey guys! I was accepted last friday and I am super excited to go to OHSU. I am OOS from Colorado and I am now trying to figure out my next steps. How long did it take you to recieve your packet in the mail? its been five days and I am worried because it has to be in by May 1st and I dont know how much stuff I have to complete and send in. Is it a huge list of things to do? Also, how do I go about finding a roommate and place to live? I would obviously love to find another freshman and live with her so we can share the same experiences. Is there a website for all us accepted ppl to find roomies? Thanks for the help guys!

There is minimal stuff to turn in, I wouldn't stress about it. You can get your $1000 money order and then just complete what they sent you and send it back.

As far as finding a roommate I would join the class facebook page and ask on there.

My aadsas still says I'm being considered but I haven't heard from the school at all since I was told in December that my application was being processed. Did my file fall through the cracks somewhere? Any advice?

My aadsas still says I'm being considered but I haven't heard from the school at all since I was told in December that my application was being processed. Did my file fall through the cracks somewhere? Any advice?
I'm in the same boat as you. I am really hoping that I'm on a "back-up of a back-up" list. Like if someone decides last minute that OHSU isn't the right choice or maybe gets hit by a meteor, then they'll ring me up. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same situation as both of you. I called a few weeks ago and at that time they were just finishing up any last interviews to fill the last few spots. So I think that if we haven't interviewed, we're out of luck, since any back-up candidates will be selected from those already interviewed.

Have you been interviewed yet?

Declined my offer this week. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting! :)

Got rejected two days ago, CA resident, so I knew I had close to 0 chance, but good luck to anyone else waiting :)

Its dead silence for weeks now. This wait is killing. Did you hear back or call in yet?
Lol, I tried to get in contact with someone from admissions to ask about my application and the next day I received my mercy kill email. So, I went ahead and accepted my rejection to let others have a chance. Good luck guys.

For real, though, it feels good to at least know.

Just got an email today that I got put on the alternate list. Anybody know if there is ever much movement off that list?

A friend of mine got accepted off the wait list today. He's from Georgia.

I got in off the waitlist on Monday night. Classes started monday morning. Been crazy getting caught up with all the paper work and stuff, but feel super lucky to be in school!