****The Official OHSU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

@Curious Potato,

I also got the same email that you received sent to me today :zombie:

"Following initial review of your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time. Factors such as GPA and DAT scores have been considered, as well as dental career exploration, community service, research experience and letters of evaluation. While we cannot act on your application at this time, applications will be in a continuous state of review throughout the duration of the cycle. Only complete applications will be considered. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application."

What were your stats? My GPA is not stellar nor is my DAT score, but I have 1.5 years of clinical experience as an RDA. I believe that is the only thing keeping me in the race.

Well I don't think that's a rejection. They will still consider your application though.

rejection email today ! It was a long shot so I kinda expected it ! good luck guys!
Does yours flat out reject or like the one above with Curious Potato and Tarty tartar?

Members don't see this ad.

@Curious Potato,

"Following initial review of your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time. Factors such as GPA and DAT scores have been considered, as well as dental career exploration, community service, research experience and letters of evaluation. While we cannot act on your application at this time, applications will be in a continuous state of review throughout the duration of the cycle. Only complete applications will be considered. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application."

What were your stats? My GPA is not stellar nor is my DAT score, but I have 1.5 years of clinical experience as an RDA. I believe that is the only thing keeping me in the race.

I'm an Oregon resident and my oGPA and sGPA range from 3.15 to 3.40, which isn't amazing. My DAT scores ranged from 20-25. Some dental assisting experience, 100+ hours of shadowing.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an Oregon resident and my oGPA and sGPA range from 3.15 to 3.40, which isn't amazing. My DAT scores ranged from 20-25. Some dental assisting experience, 100+ hours of shadowing.

I am a OOS applicant :/. Welp, the best of luck to the both of us! Hopefully, we'll get some more definitive answers soon.

Members don't see this ad :)

Higher DAT than me man, keep your head up

Reactions: 1 users
" Thank you for applying to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. The Admissions Committee carefully reviewed your application materials and unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to offer you an interview for admissions" . I have 3.4 S-GPA , 3.67 Overall and 21 AA , 21 TS .. so I'm not shocked I got rejected!

Ohio? o_O

" Thank you for applying to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. The Admissions Committee carefully reviewed your application materials and unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to offer you an interview for admissions" . I have 3.4 S-GPA , 3.67 Overall and 21 AA , 21 TS .. so I'm not shocked I got rejected!

Wait...I thought this was Oregon not Ohio?

Ooh.. I got.

"Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."

Ooh.. I got.

"Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."

On the same boat you are!

@Curious Potato,

My GPA is not stellar nor is my DAT score, but I have a few years of clinical experience under my belt as an RDA. I believe that is the only thing keeping me in the race.

This is what I got!

@Curious Potato,

My GPA is not stellar nor is my DAT score, but I have a few years of clinical experience under my belt as an RDA. I believe that is the only thing keeping me in the race.
I got the same email. I guess we aren't in the competitive pool :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email just yesterday! Looks like they will be starting another set of applications to review.... Glad if it says "Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process," it's a good thing. I'm not a state resident, so we shall see!!

Well I don't think that's a rejection. They will still consider your application though.

It's not a rejection officially but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I am a second time applicant and last year I got the "highly competitive" pool email and didn't get invited for an interview...

It's not a rejection officially but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I am a second time applicant and last year I got the "highly competitive" pool email and didn't get invited for an interview...

Oh great.!

I got app complete on September 10. Didn't get the "competitive applicant" email like some of you have. DAT is below, and gpa is 3.93/3.94. Do I have a shot of getting an interview?

Are you guys OOS? Who is in state here?

I'm OOS, got Overall GPA 3.94/Science 3.96 and DAT AA 22/TS23; I'm also a hygienist, so I hope they can factor that in... Hope to hear from them soon! Yes or no, it's nice to know :)

I was just asked to submit proof of in-state residency.

Hey Folks - I found this forum to be super helpful when I was applying last year. I'm a current DS1 at OHSU and really enjoying my time here. Feel free to hit me up with questions and I will hopefully get to meet you all next year. Good Luck!

How long do we need to wait for the invitation...
Dying for waiting....:(

Got the interview invite tonight, this is my first one- super pumped!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! I wonder if you don't receive an interview, if they tell you right away or if they make you wait to find out...

Congrats! I wonder if you don't receive an interview, if they tell you right away or if they make you wait to find out...
Last cycle I didn't get a rejection email until April. I just kept waiting and waiting

Last cycle I didn't get a rejection email until April. I just kept waiting and waiting
Did you receive a competitive email or unable to take action email in October that cycle?

That's too bad... My friend applied to OHSU and UW a few years ago and she was interviewed and offered at UW before OHSU even sent her an interview invite....

That's too bad... My friend applied to OHSU and UW a few years ago and she was interviewed and offered at UW before OHSU even sent her an interview invite....
I interviewed at UW last week. I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen to me.

I interviewed at UW last week. I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen to me.
Yeah, I'm interviewing at UW in two weeks... How did the interview go? They say they are doing "accelerated interviews" this year. Did you like it?

Sorry for a personal question, would you go to UW or OR?
They are both fantastic schools. As an Oregon resident, I am pretty hard set on OHSU, but UW really impressed me. If I'm fortunate enough to receive offers from both schools, the decision will be tough.

I'm not going to get ahead of the game though. Like everyone else, I'm still waiting for an interview from OHSU...

Yeah, I'm interviewing at UW in two weeks... How did the interview go? They say they are doing "accelerated interviews" this year. Did you like it?
My experience at UW was outstanding. Their process is well-coordinated, and everyone is extremely friendly. On your first day you'll be presented a wealth of info on the school and curriculum, and offered plenty of time to ask questions as a group. There's also a tour of the campus followed by a social hour with a variety of current students. On the second day, you'll check in, eat lunch, and dive right into the MMI interviews. It's actually a lot of fun, and everyone really enjoyed it. I think you will too.

My experience at UW was outstanding. Their process is well-coordinated, and everyone is extremely friendly. On your first day you'll be presented a wealth of info on the school and curriculum, and offered plenty of time to ask questions as a group. There's also a tour of the campus followed by a social hour with a variety of current students. On the second day, you'll check in, eat lunch, and dive right into the MMI interviews. It's actually a lot of fun, and everyone really enjoyed it. I think you will too.
Are the MMI interviews one on one? And thanks for the description! I'm only applying to the two schools, OHSU and UW and this would be the first interview so I'm kind of nervous...

Are the MMI interviews one on one? And thanks for the description! I'm only applying to the two schools, OHSU and UW and this would be the first interview so I'm kind of nervous...
To be brief and stay on topic (OHSU), the interviews are conducted in standard MMI format - multiple mini interviews. I can't offer specifics, but if I could, it wouldn't help. Everyone's experience is different. What I can say is there is absolutely no reason to be nervous. You've proven yourself via your primary and secondary application. The MMIs, as with any interview, exist solely to evaluate your critical thinking and communication skills. Just be yourself, and have fun with it! :)

For OHSU you have 2 mini interviews. Both of which is scheduled for 30 minutes each. If you finish early the person will just take you to the next person's office for the interview. The interviews are in their office lol. It is really chill. Don't stress it. It is an OPEN interview by the way....

For OHSU you have 2 mini interviews. Both of which is scheduled for 30 minutes each. If you finish early the person will just take you to the next person's office for the interview. The interviews are in their office lol. It is really chill. Don't stress it. It is an OPEN interview by the way....
What does "OPEN Interview" mean? One on one or group? Thanks!

For comparison, UW's MMIs are closed file. Your interviewers won't know anything about you until you open your mouth.