2017 *** The Official OU COD Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

D

dentalstudent2021

boomer sooner

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received confirmation for submitted app/secondary?

Has anyone heard anything from this school yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think to get real confirmation you have to go on their portal....
Haven't heard anything otherwise!

There is so little information on OU COD on this forum.. but OU usually starts interviewing early September.

I just received an interview invitation from OU, I am very excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
my interview in tomorrow September 24th
I just saw this now, Goodluck I hope it was a good experience. I called the other day and understood only now they are reviewing OOS for interviews.
What's your impression from the school ? so far I think they have the most applicant friendly process and admission staff.

I had my interview September 24th as well. Interview is super laid back. It's one 45 minute interview with two faculty, and they were really cool. Nothing too challenging. Then there's a student panel, where you get to talk to some fourth year dental students and ask them questions. Overall, I thought it was very low pressure and I actually had fun! Good luck to everyone else!

I had my interview September 24th as well. Interview is super laid back. It's one 45 minute interview with two faculty, and they were really cool. Nothing too challenging. Then there's a student panel, where you get to talk to some fourth year dental students and ask them questions. Overall, I thought it was very low pressure and I actually had fun! Good luck to everyone else!
Are you IS or OOS ?

In state. From Oklahoma City, go to Oklahoma State University.
Cool, I'm just starting to get antsy, I'm OOS but still.... :)

I hope your interview went well !!

When you received your interview invite did your status change on the OU portal/AADSAS portal? If so, what did it change to?

When you received your interview invite did your status change on the OU portal/AADSAS portal? If so, what did it change to?
On the OU portal, I can't see that anything has changed. On AADSAS, under school decisions, it says invited for interview, and had the same date that they emailed me my interview invitation. Now, it still just says invited for interview with no change.

On the OU portal, I can't see that anything has changed. On AADSAS, under school decisions, it says invited for interview, and had the same date that they emailed me my interview invitation. Now, it still just says invited for interview with no change.
Okay, thanks! Mine was just changed to reviewed/application complete on AADSAS but no change on the OU portal. I wonder if this is an unofficial rejection.

Last edited:
The admission officer is the best one Iv'e been in contact with, whe is very helpful and very patient with applicants.

Last edited:
The admission officer is the best one Iv'e been in contact with, whe is very helpful and very patient with applicants.
She sure is. I almost felt sorry for taking too much of her time but she insisted on helping.

Does anyone know how may OOS student they interviewed last year and how many did they accept?

Does anyone know how may OOS student they interviewed last year and how many did they accept?
Not very many. The class size is ~60, and I was told they only take about 10-15% OOS. They give 160 interviews total, on four interview dates, but I don't know that breakdown. At my interview, there were like 15/40 that were OOS.

Not very many. The class size is ~60, and I was told they only take about 10-15% OOS. They give 160 interviews total, on four interview dates, but I don't know that breakdown. At my interview, there were like 15/40 that were OOS.
Was this last year ?

WOW! so even if you received an interview you have like 5% chance of getting in if you are OOS

Was this last year ?
The 160 interviews is this year, that's what Heidi and Dr. Haney (Dean of Admissions) told us at the interview. The out of state numbers are me estimating about 15 OOS at my interview, but Dr. Haney has told me in the past that they take about 10-15% OOS.

Last edited:
Boomer sooner! Finally!! anyone going on OCT 29th ? anyone know of any good hotels around the area ?

Boomer sooner! Finally!! anyone going on OCT 29th ? anyone know of any good hotels around the area ?
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app and how long was your status received/application complete on AADSAS before they offered you the invite? This waiting game is killing me!

Congrats! I hope I get an interview next cycle.
OUCOD is part of OU health science center and there are many other health colleges right next to it and is surrounded by private/government research complexes so there aren't any hotels near it but there is a small inn called The Medical Inn.
http://medicalinnmotel.net/contact.php
Looks like it's 40 bucks a night and it's the only place within a walking distance. Should only take you 5 minutes if you stay there. Other closest hotels are near the Bricktown and you have to take a cab or a Uber if you choose to stay in one of those.
Thank you very much!... are you from okhla ?, if so how is the traffic around the school in the mornings?

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app and how long was your status received/application complete on AADSAS before they offered you the invite? This waiting game is killing me!
I was first batch, so quite a while. patience is the name of the game this time, my friend...and no status change on the OU portal does not mean you got rejected. :)

do you guys know if the interview is open or closed file ?
open file -This means that the evaluator will have a chance to look over your ADEA AADSAS and supplemental application materials the day before meeting with you.

closed file - the evaluators interview each candidate without looking at all at the applicant’s file.

Yes I will be there the 12th!

First rejection
3.93 oGPA 3.89sGPA
21 AA
OOS
Notified: 11/3/16

First rejection
3.93 oGPA 3.89sGPA
21 AA
OOS
Notified: 11/3/16
very close stats to mine... got the rejection a week before.... don't worry you'll get into another school...
did you receive interviews anywhere else? if you don't mind to answer.

Last edited:
very close stats to mine... got the rejection a week before.... don't worry you'll get into another school...
did you receive interviews anywhere else? if you don't mind to answer.
Yes, I did! I have four other invites at UCSF, UTSD Houston, Texas A&M, and Missouri!

Dang... You got rejected with that GPA....? I'm sad now.. I mean I'm in-state but still..
Yeah, I don't think I may have been a very good fit for the school and then there was the fact that I'm out of state. Apparently, their class size is also only around 54 students which is surprisingly low.

Tx resident ? I'm sure you gonna get in at least to one of these schools
Yes! And thank you, fingers crossed! UCSF is my dream school, so we'll see what happens!

Does anyone have an idea about how much the advanced tuition deposit to hold your spot is after being accepted?