*** The Official OUHSC Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

cotoncub

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread posted for Oklahoma (not even past ones I don't think!) so I made one.

Members don't see this ad.

Took me a while of searching to find this for some reason. Still no word from this school but a confirmation email.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, we will have to just wait and see I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with Sally yesterday and she said they'll be sending out interview invites September 12-15. First interview day is September 26 and last interview day is November 14th. I believe she said they'll have four interview days total, which will all be on Saturdays.

Reactions: 1 users
Well so much for September 12-15 (not that I'm complaining), just received an interview invite!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Was it by email or phone call?

I received an invite to interview as well! September 26th and I chose the 11:00 time slot. I think I received my invite on August 20th.

Received my interview invite by email today for Sept 26. All of the 11:00 spots were taken but there were still about 20 8:00 slots. Good luck everyone!

I just got an invite and an interview date of October 17.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview on 9/26 and just wanted to let everyone know that the whole process is extremely laid back. There is a student panel and then three individual 30 minute interviews.

I just received an email saying that some parts are still being "varified" (surprised they sent an email with a spelling error) by AADSAS, but I have completed all of the prereqs and shadowing that were highlighted. Has anyone else received this? I already have emailed them back asking more about it.

Yes I got the same email and LOL I didnt even notice the spelling error. It's probably a mistake.

Yes I got the same email and LOL I didnt even notice the spelling error. It's probably a mistake.

Maybe it is a polite way of keeping us on the hook/hopeful even though they're ready to drop the rejection hammer

Interview Invite for 10/31

Same email, but no invite.... Let me know what they tell you in their response email. Hopefully this wasn't a nice way of saying they've looked at it and are done without an interview.

I got the same email too! Then I quickly checked to see if the status of my apps had changed and it hasn't.

Same email, but no invite.... Let me know what they tell you in their response email. Hopefully this wasn't a nice way of saying they've looked at it and are done without an interview.

I e-mailed asking about it also and Sally e-mailed me back saying my app is complete and I am under review and the e-mail was just an update. This hasn't resulted in an invitation for an interview. This might very well be their way of saying "not this year."

Interview Invite for 10/31
Hey Bucks783,
Congrats on your interview. I see you're in-state. Any suggestions on areas to stay near the school or on must see places to visit while in town?

Hey Bucks783,
Congrats on your interview. I see you're in-state. Any suggestions on areas to stay near the school or on must see places to visit while in town?
I wish I was in-state for that low tuition though. I am staying in OKC and more than likely renting a car and will be there Friday-Sunday.

Last edited:
I am from Ohio m'am. I wish I was in-state for that low tuition though. I am staying in OKC and more than likely renting a car and will be there Friday-Sunday.

Oh dang! Sorry. Should have paid closer attention. Good luck on your interview!

I am from Ohio m'am. I wish I was in-state for that low tuition though. I am staying in OKC and more than likely renting a car and will be there Friday-Sunday.

I would recommend staying at the Embassy Suites Oklahoma City Downtown/Medical Center. It is very close to the college, bricktown and the state capitol.

I would recommend staying at the Embassy Suites Oklahoma City Downtown/Medical Center. It is very close to the college, bricktown and the state capitol.

Thank you for the input! I am staying with a friend that actually works at OU's hospital and its 30 minutes away from the school! Anyone else interviewing on Halloween staying for the night on Saturday?

I'm just going to assume that since I haven't found out that I won't be receiving an interview. I would hope that as with other invites they would give several weeks notice, and since November is coming around already that would indicate a rejection/post-dec consideration. Good luck to the rest of you!

They do have an interview date in mid November that they will want to have full. Don't give up hope on receiving news. One could call them to ask about interview numbers to gauge whether they have already filled the November interview slots (Sally and Heidi are nice and very helpful.) Good luck.

Had my interview on 9/26 and just wanted to let everyone know that the whole process is extremely laid back. There is a student panel and then three individual 30 minute interviews.
I have read the interview feedback section on here, but I was just curious...is the interview more conversational or is it strict they ask you questions and you just answer those and they don't say much.

Did you guys receive a confirmation email or a phone call once you reserved your spot for either 8 or 11 am interview time?

Not right away, but a week or so before the interview I did

The school and its facilities are INCREDIBLE. That visit/interview was not at all what i expected. Saying they exceeded my expectations is by far an understatement. I also recommend staying an extra day or so to see what the town is all about. The renovations they had done are mind blowing. 11 million dollar renovation ended up being 39 million so far!!

Today is decision day for OU. They are having their committee meeting today. They will have decided all of their spots by the end of the day today but they won't be able to let anyone know until Dec 1. Good luck everyone

I have a random question. I interviewed in October & really clicked with one of my interviewers. They just sent me a request on a social media site yesterday. Is this a good sign or am I reading too much into it?

I have a random question. I interviewed in October & really clicked with one of my interviewers. They just sent me a request on a social media site yesterday. Is this a good sign or am I reading too much into it?

Given that they decided yesterday, I would say that has to be a great sign. Are you in state or out of state?

My stomach is in knots
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
From last year acceptances came out 10:30am and rejections around 2:30pm Central Time.

Hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!!

How will we know? Will they be sending out an email or simply updating our aadsas? The day has finally arrived!!

How will we know? Will they be sending out an email or simply updating our aadsas? The day has finally arrived!!
They will send out an email and also update our aadsas. I'm not sure if these happen at the same time though!