*** The Official OUHSC Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone know of any out of state applicants accepted but declining their offer??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted!!!!!!! thank you to whatever OOS applicant declined. There is hope guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to get your opinions on my situation. I was interviewed at the end of September and received a rejection on Dec 1. I'm a reapplicant. Last year I was out of state but this year I qualify for in state residency. Here are my stats: 2014 DAT 19AA/20PAT/20QR/22RC/20BIO/19CHEM/16ORG/18TS
2015 DAT 21AA/21PAT/18QR/25RC/22BIO/19CHEM/19ORG/20TS
GPA 3.78BCP/3.45SCI/3.63Non/3.52Total

My interview went really well. My interviewers commented on how impressive my application and test scores were. I was very confused when I received a rejection. When I log into my supplemental now, it shows the received dates for both DAT scores, but it's only showing the numbers of my old scores. Do you guys think it's possible that there was a hiccup in the system that lost my most recent DAT scores between my interview date and the admissions committee meeting?

I really appreciate your feedback, thanks!

@aewpls you have great stats....maybe it was just super competitive in state this year? I know it is too late now, but I would just call to make sure they did receive your correct DAT scores...I am going to say they probably have it correct, but I am surprised you were not at least waitlisted based on your stats and how you said the interviews went. Best of luck. I know this is a really stressful time.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Sally called me yesterday and offered me a seat. I was sent the wait list email in December (same as everyone else on here). I'm an out of state applicant and already accepted a seat elsewhere, but am in the process of reconsidering my options now. Instead of 30 days, they give 10 for a decision and deposit, so the list should move a bit quicker. Stay optimistic!!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Sally called me yesterday and offered me a seat. I was sent the wait list email in December (same as everyone else on here). I'm an out of state applicant and already accepted a seat elsewhere, but am in the process of reconsidering my options now. Instead of 30 days, they give 10 for a decision and deposit, so the list should move a bit quicker. Stay optimistic!!

Do you mind sharing your stats? Congrats on getting an acceptance to OUHSC...I am OOS and just curious.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Congrats on getting an acceptance to OUHSC...I am OOS and just curious.
Thanks! And no problem, I forgot I haven't done that on here. DAT: 21 AA (22 on QR, RC, and OC, 21 on GC, 19 BIO, and 23 PAT) and both GPA's right at a 3.8. Hope that helps

Called today to give up my seat here. Tough decision, but went with my initial acceptance choice (and deposit lol). I know a lot of you are out of state and anxiously waiting so I thought I would let you know the list will move along again. Best of luck to you all!!

Reactions: 3 users
From my understanding they were sending out the next round of waitlist acceptances this morning. Be interested to hear if anyone on here got one

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume either or
I have been calling every week since December first essentially and I was also lead to believe that the wait list, at least for instate specifically would move this week. For the out of state list its a bit different but moves more often. I am planning on calling tomorrow... ill share what I find out then. :)

I have been calling every week since December first essentially and I was also lead to believe that the wait list, at least for instate specifically would move this week. For the out of state list its a bit different but moves more often. I am planning on calling tomorrow... ill share what I find out then. :)

Thank you for saying you will share what you find out....I appreciate you
dj-khaled-viral-video.jpg

@kami_us07 yea where did you hear that from....from when I reached out to Sally a week ago they said as of now the in state spots were filled and the out of state had a couple spots open they were just waiting to hear from people they offered and that could change as people get other offers

Well people, that's a wrap. Although, I was told that anything is possible (for someone to drop) the instate seats are officially full. For out of state it also appeared that they were done with (or close to) the class enrollment. Sorry for the news and good luck! Keep your head up; many great dentists applied multiple times.

@kami_us07 yea where did you hear that from....from when I reached out to Sally a week ago they said as of now the in state spots were filled and the out of state had a couple spots open they were just waiting to hear from people they offered and that could change as people get other offers

I was on the waitlist (OOS). And i got an email from sally couple days ago. She said the class is full.

Does anyone know if it is common for it to be full right now, but for spots to keep opening up still i.e. students who have deposits at other schools as well give up their seat or students who get accepted elsewhere later and give up their seat?

[Post Deleted]

Last edited: