The Official Procrastination Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Felixor90

Michigan State 2019!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We all love to do it until we hate ourselves for it later on. What are you currently putting off 'til tomorrow so that you may do literally anything else?

I have a 15 minute presentation on parasites for my Senior Seminar course that I just can't seem to tackle for more than 10 minutes at a time. I also have a 15 page paper on the exact same topic due sometime next week. I should also be finishing up the supplemental apps. :yeahright:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you're crossing the line from procrastination to obsession then. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose you could say i'm procrastinating on my VMCAS app, but I don't think of it that way since I don't plan on submitting it until end of August at the earliest anyway. Definitely procrastinating on my personal statement...and always procrastinating on my work for my Animal Nutrition class.

Considering I have a full time job for the first time in my life, I think I'm actually more on top of things than usual :D

Things I really, really shouldn't be procrastinating on.

Applying to externships, a take home exam on equine neonatology that's due on the 15th (I know zip about baby horses), practicing spanish for my trip to the Galapagos (I also need to get travel insurance and double check my vaccines) contacting a shoe company to get my money back on shoes that shouldn't have worn through already...im sure there's more on the list.

Studying for the GRE

Finishing my personal statement

updating my exp hours

watching the second season of Arrow (Because I don't want to run out of episodes again!! I just entered a Game of Thrones hiatus, I can't take another Arrow hiatus too)

Reactions: 1 users
Updating my PS
Talking to my eLORs
Two summer classes (which considering I work on them while at work work, I'm doing pretty well)
Finding SPN season 9 so I can finally catch up

Studying for the GRE

Funny story about this. I studied for the math portion so hard and left the "studying" for the verbal portion until the day before because I just knew I was going to bomb that part anyway (English is not my first language). I somehow managed to pull 9 points higher on the verbal. The point of this story: procrastination is key. Do it more. :p

Updating my PS
Talking to my eLORs
Two summer classes (which considering I work on them while at work work, I'm doing pretty well)
Finding SPN season 9 so I can finally catch up
Same. I will now continue to procrastinate by making a comprehensive list of shows I need to catch up on (this does not include shows I need to start...these are all shows I've watched before)
Less than a season behind
Supernatural, American Horror Story, Red vs Blue
One season behind
Psych, Vampire Diaries, Orange is the New Black, Hannibal, Doctor Who, Bates Motel (?)
More than one season behind
The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm . . . but this one's official!

Last edited:
I like to think procrastinating is my talent.

I need to:
study for organic 2 test
study for GRE
study for dev bio test
study for ecology test
write lab report
check on my bacteria streaks in my research lab
edit my PS for the 3445274593rd time
start packing for our move in August................

:panda:

Studying for the GRE

Finishing my personal statement

updating my exp hours

watching the second season of Arrow (Because I don't want to run out of episodes again!! I just entered a Game of Thrones hiatus, I can't take another Arrow hiatus too)
Arrow is my favorite show! I might be slightly obsessed. I managed to watch the entire first season while writing my honors thesis last year. Stephen's abs might have been a little distracting ;)

Arrow is my favorite show! I might be slightly obsessed. I managed to watch the entire first season while writing my honors thesis last year. Stephen's abs might have been a little distracting ;)

You and @Kpowell14 need to talk, then ;)

Same. I will now continue to procrastinate by making a comprehensive list of shows I need to catch up on (this does not include shows I need to start...these are all shows I've watched before)
Less than a season behind
Supernatural, American Horror Story, Red vs Blue
One season behind
Psych, Vampire Diaries, Orange is the New Black, Hannibal, Doctor Who, Bates Motel (?)
More than one season behind
The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf

...you and I are TV twins.... (can we take a moment to appreciate Jensen Ackels and Ian Somerholder?)

My boyfriend is the script coordinator for Arrow. I have NEVER met anyone who watches that show. You exist!

OMG I LOVVVE ARRROW!!!!!!

Steve Amell :kiss::love::biglove:

I want him and felicity to get together so bad!!!

I am always up for a discussion about the tv shows that get me through the week (and also all the really attractive men that seem to be in every CW show)
OMG I LOVVVE ARRROW!!!!!!

Steve Amell :kiss::love::biglove:

I want him and felicity to get together so bad!!!
ME TOO. That's all I want out of season 3 :p He is the most attractive man ever. I suggest liking his Facebook page because he runs his own page and interacts with fans often.

ME TOO. That's all I want out of season 3 :p He is the most attractive man ever. I suggest liking his Facebook page because he runs his own page and interacts with fans often.

Oh yes, I liked his page back a while ago. I love the videos he posts.. He seems like a really cool and pretty normal guy!!

Have you liked Colton Haynes' page? It's the guy that plays Roy.... He is another hottie :love: lol he posts pretty regularly and often times he posts pics with the actress that plays felicity!!

My husband has a tv crush on felicity lol and with me swooning over Oliver every episode I think they are destined to be together lol

All this talk of Arrow got me moving..... I watched the first four season 2 episodes (and I must admit, I was surprised when I learned the identity of the new player.... I thought it was going to be another certain character who has a habit of playing action characters in sci-fi shows (firefly, anyone?)

Oh yes, I liked his page back a while ago. I love the videos he posts.. He seems like a really cool and pretty normal guy!!

Have you liked Colton Haynes' page? It's the guy that plays Roy.... He is another hottie :love: lol he posts pretty regularly and often times he posts pics with the actress that plays felicity!!

My husband has a tv crush on felicity lol and with me swooning over Oliver every episode I think they are destined to be together lol
I didn't know Colton ran his own page. I'll check it out :) I agree with you! It will happen eventually.

There's a special place in hell reserved for the creators of the MasteringPhysics program. Right next to the MasteringChemistry guys. >.>

I actually didn't mind the one I had to use for Orgo 1. It was interactive and useful, which is rare for these types of programs. I forgot what the name of it was, though. My favorite are the math ones that mark your answer wrong and then give you the exact same answer as the "correct" one. Sorry, 7 is not correct; the correct answer is 7.0. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

I actually didn't mind the one I had to use for Orgo 1. It was interactive and useful, which is rare for these types of programs. I forgot what the name of it was, though. My favorite are the math ones that mark your answer wrong and then give you the exact same answer as the "correct" one. Sorry, 7 is not correct; the correct answer is 7.0. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Um, two totally different numbers. I don't know what math you're using.

Thanks for everything, WebAssign.

There's a special place in hell reserved for the creators of the MasteringPhysics program. Right next to the MasteringChemistry guys. >.>
Mastering_____ is more like MasteringGoogle imo. All the answers are posted somewhere on the internet lol

Mastering_____ is more like MasteringGoogle imo. All the answers are posted somewhere on the internet lol

Well but then I get paranoid that the professor is going to use those as problems on the exam (which has totally happened to me in the past) so I actually do them. :L

I may be talking out of place, but if you're having Physics issues (-shudders-) I found that these videos made by Brightstorm are phenomenal learning tools, especially for concepts.

Oh thanks! I'll definitely use those for my next exam. On another note, I think my eLOR writers need to join this thread. >.>

Today I was supposed to clean the house before my trip because I like to come home to a clean house and also I need clean clothes to wear while we're gone. Instead, I've gotten my eyebrows done, taken the dog for a ride to get Burger King and gossiped with my mom on the phone. Oops.

Studying for the GRE

Me too!
Actually, let's look at all the things I should be doing:
  • cleaning the house for graduation
  • laundry
  • painting the house for visitors
  • painting the deck
  • unpacking the 10923478265827364912643871264 boxes of books I own because I apparently want to own a library. Yes, I am trying to find out the physical storage limits of a kindle.
  • making my annual dental appointment
  • signing up for not-university-provided insurance because my student insurance probably ran out. Or runs out. Or something.
  • preparing for graduation on Friday (I should get my nails did.)
  • signing up for the GRE sometime in July
  • Putting all my stupid grades in a spreadsheet so I can easily calculate my GPA
  • Buying scrubs (I think I only have 4 pairs, and I start my regular schedule of vet clinic hours as a tech on may 17th)
  • Filling in my fafsa if a miracle happens and I should get off the waitlist
  • Finishing the spreadsheet of schools I should apply to
  • Take donations to good will
  • Think about what I need to do to update my VMCAS 2016 application.

Okay. I think that's everything for real.

I'm at work procrastinating because there's not much to do, but I don't want to leave the part time worker all by herself.

Oh hot dam, this is my jam...

Currently procrastinating on packing. I move Saturday.

Reactions: 3 users
Another GRE procrastinator :prof:

I'm again procrastinating at home because there are things that I can do in my apartment to better my QOL, but I'd much rather look at tumblr....

I miss tumblr sometimes
The worst part is that I was just browsing my own tumblr to see all the funny stuff I reblogged in the past couple of months