*** The Official Roseman Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I improved my gpa by a good amount. I also spent a lot more time volunteering and shadowing dentists and some hygienists. I found a free clinic where I was living at the time and began volunteering there. Eventually I was offered a job there, so I spent a good amount of time helping to improve that clinic. Then, after I graduated this passed May, I got a job in a medical laboratory that is well known. It was, and is, a good job that is relevant to the dental field.
Another thing I did this year better than last was that I made sure that Roseman knew that I wanted to attend school there. I made sure not to be buggy, but i kept in contact with admissions.

Good luck to everyone! From what I have heard, the class still isn't full, and all acceptances haven't been offered. So, there still is hope!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Do you know if they are still extending interviews or do you have an estimate on how full the class is? Whenever I call admissions they say they are not at liberty to reveal an answer to these questions :(

Members don't see this ad.

Did you do a postbac?
No I did not.
Do you know if they are still extending interviews or do you have an estimate on how full the class is? Whenever I call admissions they say they are not at liberty to reveal an answer to these questions :(
Yeah, they are pretty strict on the info they provide. It doesn't seem that they have another interview planned. About the class being full, they will not give you specific details, but they will tell you if it is full or not. From what I know, it isn't full yet. If I was to estimate, I would imagine that the class is about 75% full. I know that they are very cautious on how many acceptances they have on the table, and will never invite more than will fill the full class. This makes the whole process take a lot longer than at some other schools, but it also ensures that they do not over enroll the class. Last year, I was waitlisted around this point, and wasn't told that I hadn't been accepted until the day after class started. When they say that they accept people until the day before matriculation, they are serious. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 users
No I did not.

Yeah, they are pretty strict on the info they provide. It doesn't seem that they have another interview planned. About the class being full, they will not give you specific details, but they will tell you if it is full or not. From what I know, it isn't full yet. If I was to estimate, I would imagine that the class is about 75% full. I know that they are very cautious on how many acceptances they have on the table, and will never invite more than will fill the full class. This makes the whole process take a lot longer than at some other schools, but it also ensures that they do not over enroll the class. Last year, I was waitlisted around this point, and wasn't told that I hadn't been accepted until the day after class started. When they say that they accept people until the day before matriculation, they are serious. Good luck to all!
Are you in state or out of state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Do any accepted/current students have advice on housing? I'm a female looking to room with other females!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Join the Facebook group. You'll get a better response there.

Sent from my 710C using SDN mobile

It was a difficult decision, but I have withdrawn my acceptance from this amazing school.

I am positive my seat will go* to another deserving applicant, and I hope it will be one of you :) good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
It was a difficult decision, but I have withdrawn my acceptance from this amazing school.

I am positive my seat will go* to another deserving applicant, and I hope it will be one of you :) good luck to everyone!!
I love you sweet peas

Reactions: 1 user
Well.... what's everyone doing while waiting? Trying to improve my app for worst case scenario. I've been shadowing and hitting the books pretty hard to finish undergrad on the highest note possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Got the call this morning! Class of 2020! Interviewed Feb 26.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D I interviewed the same day! I hope I hear something soon. Where you in the morning or afternoon session?

I was afternoon. Hopefully you are called real soon. It's a tough process but worth it.

Got acceptance call today at 6:00pm. Have been waiting two years for this. Good luck to you all still waiting.

Reactions: 8 users
Got acceptance call today at 6:00pm. Have been waiting two years for this. Good luck to you all still waiting.
Awesome! ! when was your interview and were you placed on the waiting list before?

this is some serious silence, does anyone know if their waitlist is still moving at all? whats the possibility the roseman class is full? its not exactly a huge class...

this is some serious silence, does anyone know if their waitlist is still moving at all? whats the possibility the roseman class is full? its not exactly a huge class...
It is possible that the class is full. I'm hopeful that it isn't and they are just waiting to see who is committing to Roseman before giving more spots away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Do you guys think sending a letter of intent is going to help? I am getting very nervous :(

Does anyone know what the phone number they are using to call is? I just missed a call from a number in Utah

Last edited:
Accepted via phone call. Thought it was spam LOL. Told them I had to call my parents

Accepted via phone call. Thought it was spam LOL. Told them I had to call my parents
Congrats! When did you interview? Also, were you on the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Congrats! When did you interview? Also, were you on the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Interviewed February 26 8:00 am, waitlisted March 7th accepted an hour ago.

Literally just created this account so I could finally say, I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE TO ROSEMAN'S DMD CLASS OF 2020! Excited to be in Utah!

Can someone give a comparison of Roseman vs. UUSOD? From my research, the programs are almost polar opposite. Roseman does the hybrid curriculum, Utah is traditional. Roseman is expensive, Utah is inexpensive (IS). Roseman is P/F, Utah is traditional. Roseman has an average class size, Utah has a smaller class. I'm wondering if anyone has insights to how the students are at both schools? Happy/Stressed?, More inclined to specialize or not?, Relationship with faculty?, etc. If someone that knows both camps could give a response, then that would be helpful; especially if someone turned down an acceptance at UUSOD to attend Roseman.

Good luck on your interviews everyone! I just started at Roseman as a D1. A couple of changes they just made this year is we are already working on composite to work on our hand skills and learn the tooth anatomy instead of using wax. They said we will be using wax very little, which I like. Also they have made a winter remediation, so if you don't have to remediate any classes then you essentially get the week of Thanksgiving through New Years off which is a nice motivating factor. Anyway, if you have any questions just message me. I don't have all the answers but I used to come on sdn a lot last cycle for all of the schools I interviewed at so I want to help as much as possible.
Hi! I was wondering if you had any tips for Roseman's interviewing process. Mines is coming up and wanted to know what kind of questions they would be asking? Like more laid-back type of questions or more direct serious questions?