*** The Official Roseman Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Someone messaged me asking how I prepared for the interview, so I thought I would post it here in case anyone else is interested. First, I just wanted to go over the interview day structure from last year. We first met together, I think there were 40 students in the morning and another 40 in the afternoon, and Dr. Harmon went over Roseman's program and curriculum. We then split into two groups where half of the students went to get the one on one interviews while the other half stayed for the group portion. I interviewed with 2 faculty and 1 student. We also met with current D2 and D3 students in a conference room to ask them any questions we wanted about the school and area. The group portion consisted of getting together with a few other people and getting to know them and introducing each other in front of everyone. I didn't really prepare for the interview since I didn't interview until January and it was my fourth interview so I had already gotten a bunch of questions so be prepared for the standard ones like why dentistry and talking about yourself. They also like leadership ability, so being able to explain that in some way. Also working in teams is really big, so you can demonstrate how well you get along with others in the group portion and talk about it in your individual portion. Lastly, like everyone says, just be yourself and if you're naturally shy then just try to open up a little more and talk with others while still being yourself.
Thank you for all the great information. I also will be interviewed in January on the 15th. When did you here back from Roseman after your interview that you were accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing on January 15th, wondering if anyone wants to share a hotel room or a ride? I will arrive at the SLC airport on jan 14 @ 2:40 PM. Please let me know. Thank you.

Arnold

Got an interview invite today - just missed the office closing by 15 minutes. Does anyone who recently scheduled their interview know of the earliest dates they are offering?

Got an interview invite today - just missed the office closing by 15 minutes. Does anyone who recently scheduled their interview know of the earliest dates they are offering?
I'm next Friday at noon. January 15th.

Hey guys and gals, has anyone accepted the invitation and is planning on attending? Has anyone formed a fb group for the class of 2020? Please message me if so :nod:

does anyone who interviews on jan 15 at noon wanna meet on jan 14 to make friends and get to know each other?

When is the next round of acceptances??

does anyone who interviews on jan 15 at noon wanna meet on jan 14 to make friends and get to know each other?
Hey, I interview on the 15th as well. Would love to come to a meet and greet on the 14th! Also, I will be at SLC on the 13th at 10pm and leaving on the 16th 1:55pm if anyone needs a ride. I am lucky enough to have a family house in Heber City that I will be staying at that we are more than welcome to meet at and hang out even though its a little bit of a drive.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I interview on the 15th as well. Would love to come to a meet and greet on the 14th! Also, I will be at SLC on the 13th at 10pm and leaving on the 16th 1:55pm if anyone needs a ride. I am lucky enough to have a family house in Heber City that I will be staying at that we are more than welcome to meet at and hang out even though its a little bit of a drive.
Where you coming from??

So I google mapped Heber City and it's like almost 1 hour to the school. I personally don't think it's a little bit drive especially in the winter weather. You sure you wanna meet up? I would love to make friends, but this is kinda far for you. Btw, I will be in Salt Lake City on 14th around 7pm and staying at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I google mapped Heber City and it's like almost 1 hour to the school. I personally don't think it's a little bit drive especially in the winter weather. You sure you wanna meet up? I would love to make friends, but this is kinda far for you. Btw, I will be in Salt Lake City on 14th around 7pm and staying at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy.
I understand if that seems too far, was just throwing it out as a suggestion. I would love to drive into town as I have nothing else to do on the 14th. Why don't you figure out if anyone else is interested and let me know where you want to meet up.

It was great meeting all of you today that were interviewing! If anyone is around the rest of the day and is looking to hang out, get to know each other a little more, I have a great house to myself over in heber city (about an hour from campus) where we can relax. If anyone's interested give me a call or shoot me a text (805)830-3245

Hey guys just wanted to tell you all to stay positive!! I am at Roseman class of 2019 and interviewed March 6th! There is about 5 individuals in my class maybe more that all were accepted and we all had late interviews! I did not get my acceptance until July 16th class started for us August 10th!! If this is your dream don't give up!! Took me three years and it was well worth it I have loved every minute at Roseman and love my class!

Reactions: 5 users
Where'd you all stay for interviews? I'm looking for something close and cheap

Has anyone heard anything today? Has anyone's aadsas status change? Dr. Harman said he would call today... But will he with the holiday?

Have they given out interviews for 1/29 yet?

Yeah. I was offered to take the 15th or the 29th. Opted for the later one since I wouldn't have to reschedule patients.

Did anyone pay around 115 for hotel at Home 2 suites??? is that the discounted rate?

I paid 109 + tax = $122 for 1 King studio back in October. It was at a discounted rate.
thanks,...i just found a hotel that cost $50, but takes 21 min to walk...but 3 min car drive...i think ill get that

Has anyone heard anything today? Has anyone's aadsas status change? Dr. Harman said he would call today... But will he with the holiday?

Haven't heard anything and my AADSAS status has not changed... Perhaps he forgot about the holiday and admissions will meet tomorrow.

Haven't heard anything and my AADSAS status has not changed... Perhaps he forgot about the holiday and admissions will meet tomorrow.
Yeah a friend called and they told him their computers went down and they couldn't get anyone to fix it because of the holiday. They are hoping to call tomorrow.

Received a call today from Dr. Harmon at 3:30 MST! Wanted to give you guys some news as I've been obsessively checking this forum. Good luck to everyone! I interviewed 1/15/2016.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Received a call today from Dr. Harmon at 3:30 MST! Wanted to give you guys some news as I've been obsessively checking this forum. Good luck to everyone! I interviewed 1/15/2016.
Did your AADSAS status change?

Didnt they say that they would let us know our status either acceptance or waitlisted?

Didnt they say that they would let us know our status either acceptance or waitlisted?
I have not heard anything at all and interviewed back in October, no waitlist or rejection. I just continue to display my interest to them here and there, hoping for the best. Congrats to those accepted! Roseman is an amazing program!

Can anyone tell me please what the interview is like and if there are any group presentation?
Thanks

Got an interview!

Can anyone tell me please what the interview is like and if there are any group presentation?
Thanks
There is a group portion where you just present something about someone else in your group. The actual interview is very relaxed and is open file.

Got an interview invite about a week ago! Was really excited to get this one but will be declining. Good luck everyone else!

Just got the call! Looks like this girl's moving to Utah!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone interested in exploring Utah or meeting up before/after the interview this Friday (1/29)?

Just got an invite for February 26th! Seems pretty late, but excited for the opportunity!