*** The Official Roseman Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I think it was like 80. Two groups of 40? Can't remember

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so Ive got my interview on Friday and fly in tmrw afternoon. I was planing on taking the train to my hotel room, which is only 1 mi away from the dental school. I was wondering how far was the train station was from the school?

Can't wait to see everyone soon! I'll be flying in on Thursday and chillin in Utah! When New Jersey Meets Utah!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Flying in late Thursday. See some of you on Friday!

Is there anyone else that interviewed on the 15th that hasn't heard anything? :(

I haven't heard anything either. Has anyone from the 15th received a waitlist email? I have a feeling they haven't sent those out either.

Can't wait to see everyone soon! I'll be flying in on Thursday and chillin in Utah! When New Jersey Meets Utah!
Hey good luck today! Let us know if they update you with any information.

Anyone from the Friday interview have any updates?

Just got an interview today, but I already declined Midwestern-AZ and Creighton and put down my deposit at Western University of Health Sciences. What sets Roseman apart?

What sets Roseman apart?

Orientation_Class-of-2015.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol duly noted! Do you know how the clinical experience is?

From the tour, I believe you start getting experience end of first year. Pretty standard. They have the cleanest wet lab I have ever seen. For me, what really sets it apart is the block system. They really believe students should be able to succeed in school while still having a life.

I'm a D1 at Roseman. Clinical experience is really great. We are the only school that I know that works with composite week 1 in the sim lab. Initially we have sim lab once a week then mid-way through the yr its twice a week. For us going up to clinic with actual patients starts D2--something new they are trying. I love my school I feel they are constantly trying to be innovative and improve to make us the best dentists. On a side note they are working on the dental school being 3 years sometime in the future.With that being said they are implementing more operative for D1's: CAD/CAM, crown preps, access to unlimited teeth (some schools have limits), articulators, etc. And they are going to further push operative for every coming yr with the potential to make the program 3 years.

I remember interviewing last year thinking where are all the students? In case anyone is wondering those Fridays they have D1's in the D3 classroom in the other building. And clinic is technically closed Fridays when you interview unless its an emergency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone just got the call!! Can not wait to be a part of this class!! This is the happiest day of my life!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone just got the call!! Can not wait to be a part of this class!! This is the happiest day of my life!

I interviewed on the 15th and just got the call the call today at 4:30!! Can't wait to start in August!!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on the 15th and just got the call the call today at 4:30!! Can't wait to start in August!!

Whoot! I interviewed 1/29 and I got the call today @ 3:13PM (PST), too :) can't wait~

I interviewed on 1/29 and got the call yesterday as well! But I will be respectfully declining and this great institute. Good luck for anyone who has high hopes in getting into Roseman!

Hopefully I made someone happy! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 1/29 and got the call yesterday as well! But I will be respectfully declining and this great institute. Good luck for anyone who has high hopes in getting into Roseman!

Can you share your stats plze?

When are you burning your DAT prep materials? lol

Congrats to the admitted students!
I just received an email saying that I'm an alternate. Does anyone know how often alternates are accepted off the waitlist?

I just got the acceptance call! Best day of my life!!! I interviewed Nov 2oth and was waitlisted Dec 2nd. So for you alternates that are still crossing your fingers, don't lose hope. I'm excited to be a part of the Roseman family :soexcited::banana:. I absolutely love everything about this school. This has been a long and difficult journey, especially for a non-traditional student, such as myself, but well worth it!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got the acceptance call! Best day of my life!!! I interviewed Nov 2oth and was waitlisted Dec 2nd. So for you alternates that are still crossing your fingers, don't lose hope. I'm excited to be a part of the Roseman family :soexcited::banana:. I absolutely love everything about this school. This has been a long and difficult journey, especially for a non-traditional student, such as myself, but well worth it!
Can you Share ur stats please

Congratulations. I know well how you were feeling before this call!

Alternate here as well. YAY MORE WAITING : DDDDD

-_-

When are you burning your DAT prep materials? lol

Once I have my celebratory bonfire!! I am just glad that I was able to overcome my DAT hump! Best of luck my friend!

Can you Share ur stats please
22AA (can't do math quickly:()
24TS
27PAT

GPA is close to the average for the previous two years of acceptance (I didn't go to school for dentistry so I'm certainly no 4.0 student). Since I'm basically making a career change here, and have been out of school for over 6 years, most dental schools seemed to have a big issue with how old my pre-reqs were; fortunately I set aside some of their concerns with my DAT score.

I also just received the alternate email. Interviewed 8am Jan 15th.

Can you share your stats plze?

Residency: CA
AADSAS Mail-Out date: 08/13/15
Completed a post-bac with GPA of 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/19/none

IF you feel like your stats are not super strong, take some time to gain perspective (about yourself, life, & dentistry) through working &/or going back to school -it WILL be very worth it, at least it was for me.

Last edited:
Hello guys I just received an interview here for feb 26. supper excited!!1
Can you guys please let me know how the interview style is and if anyone has any suggestions to prepare for this interview.
Thank you

Can you guys please let me know how the interview style is and if anyone has any suggestions to prepare for this interview.
Thank you

Two faculty members and a student will interview you at the same time. They will have gone through your AADSAS application before seeing you and will draw questions from that. There are some basic questions like, "Why do you want to be a dentist?" It lasts for about 20-30 minutes.

Two faculty members and a student will interview you at the same time. They will have gone through your AADSAS application before seeing you and will draw questions from that. There are some basic questions like, "Why do you want to be a dentist?" It lasts for about 20-30 minutes.
Thank you so much for the reply. How did you feel about the interview?
Any suggestions or hints for the interview ?

It almost felt like an interrogation when I first walked in, since I was asked to sit in a small chair in the middle of the room with a guy sitting in front of me and two others on either side of me. Haha. But after the first minute that feeling went away since they were all relaxed and I could tell they were genuinely trying to get to know me. I thought it went really well, they seemed to like me and our interview lasted longer than the others that were interviewing at that time. A lady kept waving at them to finish the interview. They were all really nice and welcoming. I walked away thinking that it went great!

But I got waitlisted so who knows. My perception of the interview may be different than theirs.

Any tips? Just be relaxed and be yourself. I had anecdotes to tie into my answers so they could get a better picture of me and what I've done. Telling stories also makes an interview a little more interesting. Good luck to you!

Last edited:

I really suggest doing a lot of research into the school. By the end, you should know the mission and values that Roseman upholds, and be able to identify with them. Capture the emotions you're feeling and paint a picture of why you want to: be a dentist & go to Roseman. Play your strengths :) and if you had any struggles don't be scared to share them if they made you a better person. Good luck!

I really suggest doing a lot of research into the school. By the end, you should know the mission and values that Roseman upholds, and be able to identify with them. Capture the emotions you're feeling and paint a picture of why you want to: be a dentist & go to Roseman. Play your strengths :) and if you had any struggles don't be scared to share them if they made you a better person. Good luck!
Thank you so much, I appreciate all the advice guys.

Thank you
I interviewed last November and there were about 80 of us. They split us into two groups for most of the time. There was a team activity where you have about 30 seconds to introduce one of your prospective colleagues, what their strengths are, and why they would be good for the program. I gathered that Dr. Harman really wants you to stick to the 30 seconds allowed, so don't be too elaborate. The interview was open application, so they see everything and ask you questions based on what they see. I was interviewed by two doctors and a 4th year student. Some questions I was asked were...tell us about your hobbies/extracurricular activities, and tell us how these will make you a better dentist. Tell us about a leadership experience and an experience where you worked as a team. What has been your greatest struggle in life. All pretty standard questions, and certainly nothing hard, but be sure to have good answers and be confident. Like others have said, they just want to get to know you. The actual interview was only about 20 minutes. Dr. Harman really emphasized the idea of being team players and lifelong colleagues, which was great to hear. If fact, their entire program is team oriented, so nobody is really competing for the top of the class. Overall, they basically want to see how ready you are and how well you will work as a team. Good luck!

I interviewed last November and there were about 80 of us. They split us into two groups for most of the time. There was a team activity where you have about 30 seconds to introduce one of your prospective colleagues, what their strengths are, and why they would be good for the program. I gathered that Dr. Harman really wants you to stick to the 30 seconds allowed, so don't be too elaborate. The interview was open application, so they see everything and ask you questions based on what they see. I was interviewed by two doctors and a 4th year student. Some questions I was asked were...tell us about your hobbies/extracurricular activities, and tell us how these will make you a better dentist. Tell us about a leadership experience and an experience where you worked as a team. What has been your greatest struggle in life. All pretty standard questions, and certainly nothing hard, but be sure to have good answers and be confident. Like others have said, they just want to get to know you. The actual interview was only about 20 minutes. Dr. Harman really emphasized the idea of being team players and lifelong colleagues, which was great to hear. If fact, their entire program is team oriented, so nobody is really competing for the top of the class. Overall, they basically want to see how ready you are and how well you will work as a team. Good luck!
Thank you so much for that, that really puts me at ease.

Hey guys just wanted to tell you all to stay positive!! I am at Roseman class of 2019 and interviewed March 6th! There is about 5 individuals in my class maybe more that all were accepted and we all had late interviews! I did not get my acceptance until July 16th class started for us August 10th!! If this is your dream don't give up!! Took me three years and it was well worth it I have loved every minute at Roseman and love my class!
Do you have a very tiny dog?