****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Anyone else (outside of utah) receive their waiting list package in the mail?

I just got my packet in the mail today and sent it back in as well and I am from northern Idaho. I sounds like they should all be in today or tomorrow, unless your out of the country.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my package today as well, I'm from Portland, OR
They want us to send back all the signed papers within 15 days of the letter date, and the date on the letter is 02/01/13.

They want us to send back all the signed papers within 15 days of the letter date, and the date on the letter is 02/01/13.

What... I hope that my package gets here early next week then...
Otherwise there is no way that I can send it back by within 15 days..

Thank you for the sharing!

Mine came two days ago, and I sent it back yesterday. I go to school in Utah though. Now that I think about it, this may not be supper helpful to anyone. Bet of luck to all!

In the acceptance letter, it says that the due date for the Official transcripts from all colleges and universities are due on June 1st. I am going to finish my last quarter at my university a few weeks after that. I am wondering what should I do. Any advice? Should I just mail in my transcripts before that and then mail in another transcript with that quarter afterwards?

Also, regarding the Health Care provider CPR and AED certification, it says that all students must have this dated within 3 months of matriculation. Should we just get it asap and turn it in asap?

Also, has anyone received an email from Certiphi for a background check yet?

Also, regarding the Veterans Benefit form, it is correct to say that if I am not applying for it, I do not have to include it with the first batch of initial documents that we have to send, right?

Last edited:
Anyone in Cali get their waiting list packet in the mail? I live in NorCal and I haven't received mine yet...getting anxious :scared:

Got the waitlist packet. Oregon.

Yes more Oregonians!!! Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'm stoked to help some fellow peoples from Portland!

In the acceptance letter, it says that the due date for the Official transcripts from all colleges and universities are due on June 1st. I am going to finish my last quarter at my university a few weeks after that. I am wondering what should I do. Any advice? Should I just mail in my transcripts before that and then mail in another transcript with that quarter afterwards?

Also, regarding the Health Care provider CPR and AED certification, it says that all students must have this dated within 3 months of matriculation. Should we just get it asap and turn it in asap?

Also, regarding the Veterans Benefit form, it is correct to say that if I am not applying for it, I do not have to include it with the first batch of initial documents that we have to send, right?

I would ask about the transcripts. I'm not sure of anyone who has that situation so it would be best to call and ask Amanda or Becca.

It's best to just get the CPR/AED taken care of. There really is no advantage to getting it done later. Plus, depending on where you take it, it could be several weeks away if its from a place with only periodic classes. Also, make sure you take the right one. I've heard stories of dent/med students who took the lower level and had to challenge to get credit for the correct one.

Do you have any idea how many people got waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
In New York and still waiting for the wait-list packet... :(

I read this different than dmdluffy. To me, 'dated within 3 months of matriculation' means that it should be taken within the 3 months prior to matriculation. In other words, classes start on Aug 12, so CPR/AED should be taken after May 12.

Regarding the Veterans Benefit form, if you're not applying just check the 'No' box and include it with the initial package.

It took Certiphi more than 3 weeks to send me an email from the day I got the call.

received waitlist packet on saturday. Texas
oh the wait...:)

Received wait list packet on Saturday in SoCal. Sent it back in this morning.

In New York and still waiting for the wait-list packet... :(

Spoke with admissions today. They said some were sent out later than expected. We should be receiving them today or tomorrow.

I read this different than dmdluffy. To me, 'dated within 3 months of matriculation' means that it should be taken within the 3 months prior to matriculation. In other words, classes start on Aug 12, so CPR/AED should be taken after May 12.

Regarding the Veterans Benefit form, if you're not applying just check the 'No' box and include it with the initial package.

It took Certiphi more than 3 weeks to send me an email from the day I got the call.

Can anyone confirm how they really want us to do this CPR/AED thing?

Can anyone confirm how they really want us to do this CPR/AED thing?

To me, 'dated within 3 months of matriculation' means that it should be taken within the 3 months prior to matriculation. In other words, classes start on Aug 12, so CPR/AED should be taken after May 12.

That's the way I read it and did it when I sent those documents in.

Hey everyone, I'm a Roseman D2 - ask me anything.

That's the way I read it and did it when I sent those documents in.

Hey everyone, I'm a Roseman D2 - ask me anything.

So in other words, we have from May 12th to June 1st to do this CPR thing and to send it in since on the list, the CPR/AED certificate is due on June 1st. Correct?

Also, has anyone who has been accepted in this last batch received an email from Certiphi yet?

So in other words, we have from May 12th to June 1st to do this CPR thing and to send it in since on the list, the CPR/AED certificate is due on June 1st. Correct?

I don't remember it being due on June 1st but if that's what the form says - I'd go with your interpretation of it. If you have any problems getting it done in that time period, I'd just call Amanda about it.

Also, has anyone who has been accepted in this last batch received an email from Certiphi yet?
Look at your checklist again, mine says July 1 for the CPR.

Yeah. I just received an updated form in the mail that says july 1st.

Sent from my MB860 using SDN Mobile

Does anyone have an Idea how big is the wait-list pool? and when are we going to have movement?

So I finally got my alternate list packet from Roseman and it says to have everything signed and returned to the school within 15 days of the date on the letter. Well today is the 15th and the letter is dated the 1st....humm good one Roseman. I guess they did not consider that mailing stuff to Canadian applicants takes a little longer. O well I guess this just means that someone else can have my alternate spot.

It's pretty common for people to not have the immunization done until much later. It's not something to worry about, just get your deposit and other forms in. Congrats.

Edit: That does remind me. The school will have you collect extracted teeth so you minus well get started on that now (goes for everyone). Hit up your mentors, oral surgeons in your community, whoever, to collect teeth.

mind asking why?

Has anyone on the wait list heard back from them yet?

Of course, I noticed that last year they worked though the wait list within a week. I imagine they fixed that problem this year...

So I asked about this for you guys. You can do it earlier if you want. The reason they ask for it within a certain date range (3 months within matriculation) is because the dates will match up later for renewal that won't result in a lapse of cover. The school will offer the class and you won't have to pay it out of pocket to renew.

How has the clinic been going?? I heard it opened a couple of weeks ago.

How has the clinic been going?? I heard it opened a couple of weeks ago.

Opened last week. Everything I've heard from the 2nd years have been good. Sounds like things are pretty smooth so far.

I just interviewed last week at Roseman, loved the school and felt like things went great! How will they contact me on the decision? Is it through the mail? Phone call, email?

I just interviewed last week at Roseman, loved the school and felt like things went great! How will they contact me on the decision? Is it through the mail? Phone call, email?

you interviewed last week? I thought they were done interviewing. How many other people were there for that interview?

Nah they definitely said there were 3 last ones. First one was on Dec 7, next was Jan 18, and the last one was this month. I'm sure they're going to send out another small batch of acceptances and then maybe start pulling people off the waitlist once they see how many deposits are returned. This is just a guess..don't quote me on this.

Nah they definitely said there were 3 last ones. First one was on Dec 7, next was Jan 18, and the last one was this month. I'm sure they're going to send out another small batch of acceptances and then maybe start pulling people off the waitlist once they see how many deposits are returned. This is just a guess..don't quote me on this.

Oh, just means I need to exercise a little more patience. Thanks for the info!

Will they tell us when they receive our package with acceptance materials? I sent it in over a week ago and they still haven't said anything. Also, have you guys received any emails from Certiphi yet?

Last edited:
you interviewed last week? I thought they were done interviewing. How many other people were there for that interview?

There was only 10 of us, pretty small group from others that Ive heard of interviewing.

Does anyone know when the second deposit is due?
I can't seem to find the information on the acceptance packet recieved

Does anyone know when the second deposit is due?
I can't seem to find the information on the acceptance packet recieved

I believe Roseman doesn't have a second deposit.

For those who have paid the deposit, do they send a confirmation email saying that the received it? I sent in my deposit a 1 1/2 weeks ago but they still haven;t said anything yet.

I got a email from Amanda saying that they have recieved the deposit

Did anyone receive a confirmation email saying that they have received the signed waitlist forms?

I didn't receive a conformation e-mail, but I received an e-mail from the Roseman financial aid office saying they received my info. So I figured they received the packet if they are contacting me.

Last edited:
I just received the confirmation email of my alternate packet literally like 5 mins ago.