****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

were you placed on the waitlist then accepted?

I interviewed Feb 6th, and got an acceptance call the next week. I was not put on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed Feb 6th, and got an acceptance call the next week. I was not put on the waitlist.

I interviewed then too! However I was placed on the alternate list. Hopefully I'll get the acceptance call.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good news for all you waitlisted folks with these declined acceptances. See, no reason to freak out.

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted last week and my words of wisdom to all those still going for an interview is BE YOURSELF!! Getting into dental school is not about trying to mould yourself to fit the school. The process is made to see if your true self will mesh with the school and its philosophies. GOOD LUCk!

Hey, are you for sure accepting Roseman's offer? I see you are from Canada, how are you getting the Social Security Card that Roseman requires? Please answer these questions if you can as it is putting me in lots of stress. Thanks!

Also, anyone else knows how to deal with this issue?

Hey SS. Canada...
Yes I have accepted Roseman's offer. As soon as I was given the offer I spent 7 days sorting through the details to solve the issue. I spoke with an immigration lawyer in Canada to understand the process of obtaining an SSN as an international student. The process is not complicated, it is simply procedural. However, after explaining everything to the school and having lot's of discussions back and forth, they have decided to remove the necessity to have an SSN as an international student in the DENTAL program. In short, since the pharmacy school has a placement off campus during their second year, all pharmacy students must have an SSN. Roseman decided to implicate this policy school wide without realizing the implications it would have on the international students being admitted to the dental program. After all, a social security number is used for individuals making money in the states, and unless you plan on working during your studies an SSN is unnecessary. I don't know if you have been admitted to Roseman, but obtaining an SSN once you arrive in the states could be beneficial for when you finish your degree as it can be a long process. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey SS. Canada...
Yes I have accepted Roseman's offer. As soon as I was given the offer I spent 7 days sorting through the details to solve the issue. I spoke with an immigration lawyer in Canada to understand the process of obtaining an SSN as an international student. The process is not complicated, it is simply procedural. However, after explaining everything to the school and having lot's of discussions back and forth, they have decided to remove the necessity to have an SSN as an international student in the DENTAL program. In short, since the pharmacy school has a placement off campus during their second year, all pharmacy students must have an SSN. Roseman decided to implicate this policy school wide without realizing the implications it would have on the international students being admitted to the dental program. After all, a social security number is used for individuals making money in the states, and unless you plan on working during your studies an SSN is unnecessary. I don't know if you have been admitted to Roseman, but obtaining an SSN once you arrive in the states could be beneficial for when you finish your degree as it can be a long process. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for your thorough reply! So it is no longer a requirement for any international dental student? Wow

Hi! This is my first time writing in SDN!
Just wondering if anyone get wait-list email instead of alternate list email?
Thank you

Hi! This is my first time writing in SDN!
Just wondering if anyone get wait-list email instead of alternate list email?
Thank you

Wait list and alternate list for Roseman are the same thing. Did you receive an email? When did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait list and alternate list for Roseman are the same thing. Did you receive an email? When did you interview?

I was wondering that too because I heard Dr. Harmon said Altenate and Wait list were different during the interview.

From the email: "the Admissions Committee has selected you as an Alternate (to be placed on the waiting list) for the Doctor of Dental Medicine Class of 2019!"

Alternate list....wait list....same difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Ok~
I was confused cuz some ppl said as alternate while others said as waitlist
Thank you guyz!!

This might be me thinking way too deep but judging from the January acceptance date Jan 30 (Interviews Jan 9th and 23rd), I really think we might hear something today. The timeline would match the February interview dates (Feb 6th and Feb 20th). Fingers crossed =)

Reactions: 3 users
This might be me thinking way too deep but judging from the January acceptance date Jan 30 (Interviews Jan 9th and 23rd), I really think we might hear something today. The timeline would match the February interview dates (Feb 6th and Feb 20th). Fingers crossed =)

Or people who did not heard from Roseman yet after interview I think. Must be something will contact us soon.

Any news from the feb 20 interviewers?

Hey guys, I am currently scheduled for an interview on March 6th. I was wondering if someone could please give us an overview of how the interview was conducted and what type of questions were asked. Thanks!

Don't worry your not the only one....I've been thinking way too deep into this too! But I was thinking that since lots of kids who interviewed Jan 23rd and Feb 6th posted on SDN that they were notified on Feb 10th that they were put on the "Alternate" list and also two kids posted that they were accepted sometime the week of Feb 10th, I have a feeling that those of us who interviewed on Feb 20th (& those still waiting from Feb 6th) will likely only hear back the week after the March 6th interviews. But who really knows, I really hope we hear back next week!

clearly I need to get a life and stop thinking about this!

I just let declined my acceptance. Hopefully one of you gets my spot quickly!

anyone from jan 9th interview got accepted ? if yes, have you accepted their offer ? just curious :)

Thank you ! and good luck to you !

There were a few others who got accepted who interviewed that day. I was given 45 days to respond, but I'm not sure if that was the case for others.

45 days from Jan 30th so hopefully we'll get another wave the week of Mar. 16th - gotta love that sdn speculation

Eh...the only thing we can do is to speculate...I kinda wish schools weren't so secretive about the whole process ...but what do I know :)

I feel like a stressed out kid waiting for Christmas to come. Except in this case, Santa might not bring me anything.

I am disappointed every time I get a phone call or an email :dead:

Did anyone heard anything from Roseman?
Interview Jan 30th and didn't receive anything yet, not even wait-listing mail.
I don't know what to think at this point, must be accepted or rejected one of both
Any suggestion? maybe wait until March 6h interview?

Did anyone heard anything from Roseman?
Interview Jan 30th and didn't receive anything yet, not even wait-listing mail.
I don't know what to think at this point, must be accepted or rejected one of both
Any suggestion? maybe wait until March 6h interview?
Maybe you didn't get the email due to technical reasons? Did you check ADDSAS or call Rebecca?

Maybe you didn't get the email due to technical reasons? Did you check ADDSAS or call Rebecca?

I checked my email enormous amount of times haha, I dont think it is due to technical reason.
In ADDSAS, it is still remained as 'invited for interview', does your changed to wait-list?
No i havnt call Rebecca yet, should I call? is there anyone who called Rebecca about it?
Thakn you

I checked my email enormous amount of times haha, I dont think it is due to technical reason.
In ADDSAS, it is still remained as 'invited for interview', does your changed to wait-list?
No i havnt call Rebecca yet, should I call? is there anyone who called Rebecca about it?
Thakn you

Mine says waitlisted

I interviewed on Feb 6 and I haven't heard anything either. My AADSAS still stays invited for an interview. But I called Rebecca maybe 2 weeks ago and just asked if we would be contacted for any decision and she said yes. They will contact us if we are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. I have had a problem with Roseman emails going to spam so I am worried I might have missed it!

Thakn you
Mine changed to waitlisted on ADDSAS. Hopefully there will be new news soon. Are you waitlisted at any other school or do you have any upcoming interviews?

Mine changed to waitlisted on ADDSAS. Hopefully there will be new news soon. Are you waitlisted at any other school or do you have any upcoming interviews?

I am not wait-listed at any other school, and still waiting from USC and BU.

I interviewed on Feb 6 and I haven't heard anything either. My AADSAS still stays invited for an interview. But I called Rebecca maybe 2 weeks ago and just asked if we would be contacted for any decision and she said yes. They will contact us if we are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. I have had a problem with Roseman emails going to spam so I am worried I might have missed it!

that's good they notify us regarding any desicion.
sry to sak but anyone receive rejection? Dont get me wrong I dont wanna be rude, but just curious

Mine changed to "Wait Listed" on AADSAS as well. Really hoping to hear from Dr. Harman though!

that's good they notify us regarding any desicion.
sry to sak but anyone receive rejection? Dont get me wrong I dont wanna be rude, but just curious

Just FYI at the Feb 20th interview Dr. Harman mentioned that he would start going over interview scores for our interview group on Monday (Feb 23rd) and look over comments for the next 1 to 2 days, and then the committee would meet the following week....which would be this week!
Dr. Harman also mentioned that he hasn't formulated any rejection letters yet because hes been pretty busy with accreditation paperwork. So I doubt anyone who is rejected will hear that soon, unless he wrote up those letters in the past week.

So if in fact the committee is meeting this week, hopefully we will hear something this week!! fingers crossed. Or if not I definitely think we should hear something a week or so after the March 6th interviews. Again, just speculation....

Just FYI at the Feb 20th interview Dr. Harman mentioned that he would start going over interview scores for our interview group on Monday (Feb 23rd) and look over comments for the next 1 to 2 days, and then the committee would meet the following week....which would be this week!
Dr. Harman also mentioned that he hasn't formulated any rejection letters yet because hes been pretty busy with accreditation paperwork. So I doubt anyone who is rejected will hear that soon, unless he wrote up those letters in the past week.

So if in fact the committee is meeting this week, hopefully we will hear something this week!! fingers crossed. Or if not I definitely think we should hear something a week or so after the March 6th interviews. Again, just speculation....

After my feb 20th interview I've been sleeping next to my phone. I really hope we hear back soon

After my feb 20th interview, any phone all I get I think it's Roseman. When my wife calls I tell her she's tying up the phone line. Lol.

After my feb 20th interview, any phone all I get I think it's Roseman. When my wife calls I tell her she's tying up the phone line. Lol.

After my feb 20th interview I've been sleeping next to my phone. I really hope we hear back soon

Believe me I have the EXACT same feelings....sleeping next to my phone and my heart jumping for a brief second at everyone phone call I get because I think it's Roseman lol. It's going to be a long few days/weeks. The anticipation is killing me!!! But it's only been a week y'all! We just gotta hang in there for a little longer and hopefully we'll all get that magical phone call lol

I just found that hannah_hoac is accepted to Midwestern today and I really want to say congratulation.
Hannah_hoac was very active in this thread, and provided useful information and cheerful enviroment!
congrat again!!

I will be turning down my acceptance tomorrow. Hope my spot goes to one of you eagerly waiting!

Wow!! I guess you got acceptance from your top school!!! Congrat! When did you interview and notified?

Congrats on dental school acceptance and good luck to all those waiting. I hope we all get good news soon.

Reactions: 2 users
I just found that hannah_hoac is accepted to Midwestern today and I really want to say congratulation.
Hannah_hoac was very active in this thread, and provided useful information and cheerful enviroment!
congrat again!!
Aww thank you. I feel so touched. You guys are all like brothers and sisters to me (I'm an only child so it's extra super-duper spesho to me). But I want to confess that I am addicted to SDN and check it every 15 mins or even more (which makes it seems like I'm very active hahaha). My mission in life is to make as many people feel happy and special as I can. I know it's kinda cheesy but it makes me feel accomplished and happy. I hope good news will find you very soon! :highfive:

Reactions: 8 users
Hey y'all! To those of you interviewing tomorrow, March 6th, if Dr. Harman mentions anything about when you can expect to hear back, can you please report back and share with your fellow SDNers? The waiting game is no fun so any insight would be awesome!

PS Goodluck on your interviews!

Hey y'all! To those of you interviewing tomorrow, March 6th, if Dr. Harman mentions anything about when you can expect to hear back, can you please report back and share with your fellow SDNers? The waiting game is no fun so any insight would be awesome!

PS Goodluck on your interviews!
I was accepted on January 30th and given 45 days to reply, which is March 16 I think. I'm sure around that time they will be sending more invites out, if not before then even. Hope you hear some good news soon. Good luck!