****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

quick question on the immunization. I may be over thinking it but when it says "Tuberculosis Skin Test: Provide results from an initial Two-Step skin test for Tuberculosis within three months prior to the first day of matriculation," does it just mean to have the results ready before first day of class or must I have the test done and dated within 3 months before classes start... so after ~may 17th? Going to have a titer soon and don't want to do the PPD for the tuber if I need to have it done within 3 months. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it means you need both the initial injection and the 2nd PPD skin reading done within 3 months of matriculation (so, between May and August). Institutions like having TB tests done as close as possible (my last company of employment required TB tests be done every year within 6 months of employment start).

quick question on the immunization. I may be over thinking it but when it says "Tuberculosis Skin Test: Provide results from an initial Two-Step skin test for Tuberculosis within three months prior to the first day of matriculation," does it just mean to have the results ready before first day of class or must I have the test done and dated within 3 months before classes start... so after ~may 17th? Going to have a titer soon and don't want to do the PPD for the tuber if I need to have it done within 3 months. Thanks in advance
I was wondering the same thing. I scheduled mine for May 4th and I'm hoping that since it's only a few days they will accept it. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been reading the threads for a while and just wanted to wish those people who are waiting good luck and tell them not to lose hope. I applied for the first time in 2011 and was rejected. I went back to school and retook most of my science classes because they were too old. I volunteered for different organizations at my school and retook my DAT last year. I was very fortunate this year to say that I was accepted to Roseman in March !!! :) It took me almost 4 years after my first application to get accepted and put in the work , but that phone call me it all worth it! So, if you have to put your plan on hold for a little and this is what you truly want , then do it. Do what you have to do to make it a better application next year and be honest in your personal statement all these things do count. Don't give up ;) Good luck to everyone and looking forward to meeting all the classmates in August :)

Reactions: 5 users
I'm giving myself until Saturday then back to restudying for the dat. I hope much hasn't changed since I took it about 3 years ago. Anyhow another week of waiting!! It's funny bc I got a call from an area code 801 last week and turned out to be my discover card calling me. Supposedly they're based in Utah as well. So for those that have discover cards, be careful :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been accepted to Roseman recently?

Has anyone been accepted to Roseman recently?
Not that I've heard of but there could be people who don't use Facebook or use this forum. Never ending wait...I'm really dreading even thinking about studying for dat again let alone reapplying.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything from Roseman?

I wonder if they're still giving people 15 days or shorter

Crickets still. Welp. Probably time to think long and hard whether I reapply.

How are you guys improving your app for next cycle if this cycle is a no go? I haven't done much after applying this cycle except helping the elderly with technology here and there and I'm trying to figure out what I can do for next cycle and still apply early.

Last edited:
How are you guys improving your app for next cycle if this cycle is a no go? I haven't done much after applying this cycle except helping the elderly with technology here and there and I'm trying to figure out what I can do for next cycle and still apply early.
At this point your (and my) options are limited. You can take spring classes depending on your institution and perhaps get those done and on your app in June - I decided not to do a Post Bacc program b/c the grades would hardly even matter on my app this upcoming cycle. Another option is to just get a ton of shadowing hours between now and then - I have 300, one school I talked to suggested 500+, you could retake the DAT depending on your scores.

Finally, you could get a job in the field. I interviewed at orthodontic lab and a dental office/teaching institute and got a job at the dental office! This can be difficult esp. when you're male and not planning on being there for long since you want to go to dental school. The Dr.'s really have taken me under their wings and their #1 goal is to get me into dental school this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point your (and my) options are limited. You can take spring classes depending on your institution and perhaps get those done and on your app in June - I decided not to do a Post Bacc program b/c the grades would hardly even matter on my app this upcoming cycle. Another option is to just get a ton of shadowing hours between now and then - I have 300, one school I talked to suggested 500+, you could retake the DAT depending on your scores.

Finally, you could get a job in the field. I interviewed at orthodontic lab and a dental office/teaching institute and got a job at the dental office! This can be difficult esp. when you're male and not planning on being there for long since you want to go to dental school. The Dr.'s really have taken me under their wings and their #1 goal is to get me into dental school this year!
Thanks for the advice. I agree with you that there's no point taking classes since it will only provide me with a very minuscule boost. I'm thinking about just retaking my dat. My breakdown is
Bio 17
Gc 20
Oc 24
Rc 19
Qr 19
Ts 19
Aa 20
Pat 23

I'm going to have to call all my schools and see what they have to say about these scores. These are expiring soon too. Took it August 2012

Thanks for the advice. I agree with you that there's no point taking classes since it will only provide me with a very minuscule boost. I'm thinking about just retaking my dat. My breakdown is
Bio 17
Gc 20
Oc 24
Rc 19
Qr 19
Ts 19
Aa 20
Pat 23

I'm going to have to call all my schools and see what they have to say about these scores. These are expiring soon too. Took it August 2012
Just some advice....applied in 2012 and took the DAT and didn't get in. I had a worse DAT then u and got into 3 schools this year. All the schools I called in 2012 said it would be more beneficial to do a post-bac masters program... which is what I did. Even tho it doesn't affect my GPA much( I previously had 185 credits before the masters) they usually consider that GPA separate from your other GPA. And if the classes are graduate level it shows up separately. They want to see u can handle a hard course load at a high level more often than seeing if u can take a test. Let me know if u have questions hope that helps!

Also... out of my masters program there were 6 student that were Predental - none had a stellar DAT. All did well in the academics and applied and everyone of us got into at least two dental schools!

Another option is to just get a ton of shadowing hours between now and then - I have 300, one school I talked to suggested 500+, you could retake the DAT depending on your scores.
500+? Is that a school or a charity facility?

Just some advice....applied in 2012 and took the DAT and didn't get in. I had a worse DAT then u and got into 3 schools this year. All the schools I called in 2012 said it would be more beneficial to do a post-bac masters program... which is what I did. Even tho it doesn't affect my GPA much( I previously had 185 credits before the masters) they usually consider that GPA separate from your other GPA. And if the classes are graduate level it shows up separately. They want to see u can handle a hard course load at a high level more often than seeing if u can take a test. Let me know if u have questions hope that helps!

Also... out of my masters program there were 6 student that were Predental - none had a stellar DAT. All did well in the academics and applied and everyone of us got into at least two dental schools!

I agree, I felt that most schools are looking for a GPA trend. Doing well in a upper level biology classes during post-bacc is the most beneficial thing you can do to boost your chances. If you already have a very high GPA, only then DAT/dental exposure would help.

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks for the insight. I have already done a one year post bacc in SF this past year, which did bring up my gpa a little but nothing significant. I have gotten a 3.88 during my year there with 28 credits taking all science courses. I feel like the only thing that's bringing me down is my dat. This was my third time taking it and the first two times I've gotten a 22 and 20 on bio so IDk where that 17 came from. I could prob always use more ec/shadowing hours but I feel like it's not weighed as much as numbers. Maybe I should look towards a masters but i was hesitant bc of the cost. But then again I guess putting another $30-40k Compared to dental school tuition is not much.

Has anyone had success finding the student handbook or academic calendar for the upcoming school year?

Thanks for the insight. I have already done a one year post bacc in SF this past year, which did bring up my gpa a little but nothing significant. I have gotten a 3.88 during my year there with 28 credits taking all science courses. I feel like the only thing that's bringing me down is my dat. This was my third time taking it and the first two times I've gotten a 22 and 20 on bio so IDk where that 17 came from. I could prob always use more ec/shadowing hours but I feel like it's not weighed as much as numbers. Maybe I should look towards a masters but i was hesitant bc of the cost. But then again I guess putting another $30-40k Compared to dental school tuition is not much.
Ouch, that's a long road! I guess you could do a master's... I feel like your DAT scores aren't holding you back, though they may not be making you stand out. I know my problem was that I didn't stand out + I have mediocre stats

I found the Student Catalog for 2014-2015. Starting on page 97 it lists out the blocks/courses to be taken by year.

Attachments

• from pg 97-110 Dental block courses -StudentCatalog_20142015(1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
The waitlist isn't ranked. :confused: This wait though...sigh

Last edited:
Here's another week of waiting! gluck!

Are we supposed to apply again in June even though we are on the wait list for Roseman? If we do reapply, are we automatically removed from getting in during this current cycle?

Are we supposed to apply again in June even though we are on the wait list for Roseman? If we do reapply, are we automatically removed from getting in during this current cycle?
I highly doubt that bc it would give the waitlisted a disadvantage. I think what happens is your waitlisted for the 14-15 cycle but they review 15-16 cycle separately?? Anyone been in this situation? I really hope there's a lot of movement still. This waiting is getting tougher everyday esp now that it's a couple weeks to next cycle.

Last edited:
I got accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!! I interviewed Feb 20th, and was waitlisted March 17th. There is still hope!! So so happy and excited and can't wait to meet the rest of the class in August!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I got accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!! I interviewed Feb 20th, and was waitlisted March 17th. There is still hope!! So so happy and excited and can't wait to meet the rest of the class in August!!!
Congratulations so exciting!! Hopeful I follow in your footsteps!! :) congratulations!! Did you get the email from them asking if you wanted to be placed on the alternate list on March 17th?

Congratulations so exciting!! Hopeful I follow in your footsteps!! :) congratulations!! Did you get the email from them asking if you wanted to be placed on the alternate list on March 17th?
Thank you! I'm super excited! Yes, I got the email asking if I wanted to be put on the Alternate list on March 17th. They officially got my alternate packet on March 23rd.

Congrats! I was wondering if you had turned in your CPR and Medical forms prior to acceptance?

Also does anyone know if FAFSA was required or not? I chose not do to it since I opted not to use financial aid.

Edit: Got off the phone with admissions and financial aid today, they said it shouldn't affect admissions at all.

Last edited:
Anyone who has already gotten accepted, how many times did you call up admissions/Dr. Harman after the interview/being waitlisted?

I had a question so I called admissions but been going to voicemail right away for a couple weeks now

I'm looking for a female roommate, if anyone is interested please message me privately. I'm from CA. :)

got my fingers crossed really tight this week, lets go Roseman! make it happen, pretty please!

Do you guys have any clue how much of the class is filled? Admissions won't pick up their phone..

I've been wondering the same thing...would really like to get an idea as to how many seats of the class are already filled. It would be really awesome not to prepare for another application cycle.

even if you can get a hold of them, they will just tell you that there's always a chance
love the transparency /s

At this time of the cycle I wonder what our actual chances are

At this time of the cycle I wonder what our actual chances are
"blah blah there's a chance. blah blah someone got in orientation. blah blah blah we cant predict your chances blah blah blah"

so sick of that answer. there's a chance i will win the lotto too, but it doesn't mean i will. I am the one that needs to plan ahead, get a job, get an apartment, move out of state, etc etc but they always act like they cant bother telling us this info because of this excuse or that excuse. that's the reason why they wont pick up your calls. if you read your email more carefully, they explicitly say to don't call them about your application (e-mail instead).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
any day now...c'monnnn

Has anyone recently got accepted to Roseman?

seems like there has been no movement on the list recently.

According to this forum, only one person in the last 5 weeks has been accepted. Optimistically, I'm assuming there are maybe 15 (max 20) seats left? I don't know how long I can keep my fingers crossed!!

According to this forum, only one person in the last 5 weeks has been accepted. Optimistically, I'm assuming there are maybe 15 (max 20) seats left? I don't know how long I can keep my fingers crossed!!
Where are you getting the 15-20 number from? If they're giving people 15 days deadline, I feel like there should've been more movement but then again, we're only counting on the people on sdn to post if they got accepted. Who knows how many don't use sdn and got accepted. Next app cycle is coming less than 2 weeks. Time to re-apply in June and retake DAT in aug. I've been having dreams about getting accepted lately lol. I also wonder how many people are left on the waitlist...

Yikes, my bad, I forgot about the 15 day deadline....just going to go stare at my phone now and wait for that 801 call.

Does anyone know what the $2400 laptop fee is for? Do we definitely have to buy a laptop from Roseman, or is it possible that one we already have will fit their requirements?

Does anyone know what the $2400 laptop fee is for? Do we definitely have to buy a laptop from Roseman, or is it possible that one we already have will fit their requirements?

I had the same question about the computer. I spoke with a 4th year student and he said that it is a requirement that nobody has been able to get out of and wished me luck if I made an attempt LOL. I am guessing that it has a lot to do with the programs we will be using and if we ever have IT problems and need them fixed. I agree that it seems redundant but apparently most medical and dental schools today have this requirement.

I had the same question about the computer. I spoke with a 4th year student and he said that it is a requirement that nobody has been able to get out of and wished me luck if I made an attempt LOL. I am guessing that it has a lot to do with the programs we will be using and if we ever have IT problems and need them fixed. I agree that it seems redundant but apparently most medical and dental schools today have this requirement.
Hey so I was doing financial aid for Roseman and actually called them and talked to them about this. Turns out the fee is in fact required like they said. They give everyone the same laptop and an iPad, they also have warranties and specific software. But I believe this is a one time fee and u get to keep it after u graduate. But yes must be a very expensive computer or they are profiting a ton. That's at least my opinion.

I contacted Roseman about the fee and the $2400 is for a laptop, an ipad, and all the software required. I already have an ipad and asked if I can opt out of that and the answer was "well, you'll have two now". -_____- thank goodness I didn't go out and buy the $1500 Surface Pro 3 I was planning on using for dental school!

My only gripe is that the laptop is PC but then you have to get an ipad? For compatibility reasons, it would make more sense to do all Apple or all Windows products...but that's just me.

Reactions: 3 users