****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interview invite! Canadian here :)! Yet to schedule.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone in the first have a application that has been put under review or an interview invite? I got the application complete email on June 27th, AADSAS app was sent first batch June 20th? To me it looks like there are some second batch applications and some august?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill be there Oct 3 for the interview!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone in the first have a application that has been put under review or an interview invite? I got the application complete email on June 27th, AADSAS app was sent first batch June 20th? To me it looks like there are some second batch applications and some august?
Same timeline here and also first batch. Looking at the comment from tbiv21, it doesn't appear to be going in order. Hopefully the under review email will come soon.

Does an under review e-mail mean that I have a good chance of getting an interview?

Will be there October 3rd as well! 12pm interview.

I was first but my application wasn't put under review until a week ago on Sept 2nd and got an interview invitation a few days later on Sept 5th.

Hi opnwyd, I got an interview yesterday and I was in the first batch!:)

Is there a morning and afternoon group for Oct 3? I was told from noon-4:30pm on that date.
From reading last years thread, I believe the day is split up between a morning and afternnon session. Also, my email definetly said 8am lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with Dr. Hartman a few months ago and he said he doesn't go in order received and said there are plenty of good applicants that they interview after December that still have a great shot at getting in, so I wouldn't stress it too much. Though I am still hoping to hear back soon

True, the batch doesn't mean anything. A lot of my classmates (D3's) didn't have their interviews until March and still got it. I was first or second batch and only remember a few people from my interview group actually attending.

Take Southwest flights into SLC international airport (their probably the cheapest). Then ride Trax from the airport to the Frontrunner station (see rideuta.com to plan your trip). Take Frontrunner train to the South Jordan stop. Ride a bus to the hotel/motel. Stay at any of the hotels/motels listed in the interview email.

This is just my opinion, but I think its better to rent a car. There's a lot to see and explore in Utah. Wouldn't hurt to drive around and get to know the place a little. Check out the mountains. Before its closed for winter, drive the Alpine Loop from American Fork canyon to Provo canyon. Or check out Oktoberfest at Snowbird. Realize what makes Roseman such a great place to go to school... But public transportation works too of course!

Ouch there's an 8am session? I'm glad they gave me noon so I'll be less of a zombie.

Just got an interview invite! Will have to call tomorrow morning to schedule a date but this is my first one so I'm super excited! I applied on Aug 21st (no idea what batch that is...), completed the supplemental stuff by the 22nd, received an update on Sept 3rd, and interview invite Sept 11. :]

Perhaps there are initial reviews of applications and then they go back again after the first round of interviews and invite more? Just a guess. I heard that they interview into March and many that interview in March get accepted as well. Just a thought. Because I was one of those late applicants and already received an interview. Not saying I'm better just maybe had something they were looking for?? I had lots of leadership type stuff and in my interview invite email they said they want to hear specifically about leadership opportunities.

School: Roseman
Notification date: 09/11/2014
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 20/20/21/26/16

Scheduled for the Oct 3rd date @ 12pm! :) I was told that there are 2 spots left for Oct 3rd but the next date isn't until Nov 21st. Is it safe to assume Roseman interviews once a month? Does anyone know how many students are typically at an interview?

Scheduled for the Oct 3rd date @ 12pm! :) I was told that there are 2 spots left for Oct 3rd but the next date isn't until Nov 21st. Is it safe to assume Roseman interviews once a month? Does anyone know how many students are typically at an interview?
When I called, they only offered october 3 and nov 21st as a backup for those who could not do oct 3 -- so that may be possible. I believe there are 100 interviewing on Oct 3, probably half in the morning session/half in the afternoon. Very excited to visit this school!

OH MY GOSH! They interview 100 at a time?? Gotta get my A-game on to stand out among the rest! :p Me too, I can't wait! :D

I'm Oct. 3rd as well. 5o AM and 50 PM?! That's nuts! Does anyone know about the interview atmosphere/process?

I got the "Ad commitee has begun to review your application" How soon after did you guys get your interviews?

Dang it, when did u guys apply? I applied end of June (1st batch) and still am waiting to get the under review email??

I got the "Ad commitee has begun to review your application" How soon after did you guys get your interviews?
I submitted my supplemental on 8/22, got that "begun review" email on the 9/3, and got my interview invite 9/11. So about a week? But based on the other posts, it doesn't seem like there is a pattern on what order the adcoms are reviewing the applications.

IM freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the application complete email July 7th, but I still don't have an under review email yet!! I don't get it, other people have applied in august and already got their apps reviewed...:eyebrow:

IM freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the application complete email July 7th, but I still don't have an under review email yet!! I don't get it, other people have applied in august and already got their apps reviewed...:eyebrow:
Don't freak out, I did my supplemental june 23rd and still haven't been put under review.

For those going to the interview. Is anyone leaving on the same day? If so, can we take our luggage to the interview? Is there a place to put it?

For those going to the interview. Is anyone leaving on the same day? If so, can we take our luggage to the interview? Is there a place to put it?
I'm sure it's fine to just take our luggage to the school...dental schools understand that interviewees often fly out right after their interview. I will be doing to the same thing (bringing my suitcase) and will call Roseman tomorrow to make sure! I had to do this for ASDOH and had no problems ^^

So anybody sticking around after the interview and want to explore to the area? I'm renting a car, and plan on seeing the sights.

I'll be there through the weekend, one of my good friends lives in Jordan so it works out well.

So anybody sticking around after the interview and want to explore to the area? I'm renting a car, and plan on seeing the sights.
Just head up the canyon it's beautiful this time of year!! If you need any tips on where to go just ask the people at Roseman and they'll steer you in the right direction. I recommend big cottonwood canyon which you can just drive through and will provide some pretty great views, you can also park and have a picnic or something, have fun!

has anyone else gotten the app complete email, but no app under review email yet?
I got the app complete email early july but still no app review.. its really discouraging when other ppl apply in august and already got their apps reviewed!!

has anyone else gotten the app complete email, but no app under review email yet?
I got the app complete email early july but still no app review.. its really discouraging when other ppl apply in august and already got their apps reviewed!!
Ya I haven't been put under review and my application wascomplete June 27th. I am getting anxious waiting!

Ya I haven't been put under review and my application wascomplete June 27th. I am getting anxious waiting!

Well after I made this post. I actually got the under review email from roseman. Like 1 hour after haha

Is everyone flying into Salt Lake City? I'm from Wisconsin so getting to Utah is a bit of a challenge for me.

Is anyone flying in tomorrow for the interview Fri and staying close to Roseman?

Is anyone flying in tomorrow for the interview Fri and staying close to Roseman?

I will be. If anyone wants to grab a pre interview beer to ease the nerves tomorrow give me a shout.
Or if anyone wants to wallow in despair and would prefer a post-interview beer, also give me a shout.

Reactions: 2 users
I will be. If anyone wants to grab a pre interview beer to ease the nerves tomorrow give me a shout.
Or if anyone wants to wallow in despair and would prefer a post-interview beer, also give me a shout.
I am down. I land around noonish...I am staying at the Hilton.

At the Hilton Home2Suites...anyone wanna chill?

Is everyone flying into Salt Lake City? I'm from Wisconsin so getting to Utah is a bit of a challenge for me.
Dude! I'm from Wisconsin too! I flew into Salt Lake last night actually!

Did dr. herman say the group interview IS important or ISN'T important?

Group important. Individual interview less so.
Oh, really? I mean, it makes sense. After interviewing there last Friday and learning about the Roseman model and its emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and lifelong colleagues, I could see the group presentation being a huge factor.

Was anyone else absolutely blown away by this school?? I was so impressed! :) DECEMBER CANNOT COME ANY SOONER!!!

Oh, really? I mean, it makes sense. After interviewing there last Friday and learning about the Roseman model and its emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and lifelong colleagues, I could see the group presentation being a huge factor.

Was anyone else absolutely blown away by this school?? I was so impressed! :) DECEMBER CANNOT COME ANY SOONER!!!

I loved the school, can't wait to hear back.