****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I contacted Roseman about the fee and the $2400 is for a laptop, an ipad, and all the software required. I already have an ipad and asked if I can opt out of that and the answer was "well, you'll have two now". -_____- thank goodness I didn't go out and buy the $1500 Surface Pro 3 I was planning on using for dental school!

My only gripe is that the laptop is PC but then you have to get an ipad? For compatibility reasons, it would make more sense to do all Apple or all Windows products...but that's just me.
I have the same opinion!

Members don't see this ad.

I contacted Roseman about the fee and the $2400 is for a laptop, an ipad, and all the software required. I already have an ipad and asked if I can opt out of that and the answer was "well, you'll have two now". -_____- thank goodness I didn't go out and buy the $1500 Surface Pro 3 I was planning on using for dental school!

My only gripe is that the laptop is PC but then you have to get an ipad? For compatibility reasons, it would make more sense to do all Apple or all Windows products...but that's just me.
AGREED. Hopefully it's a decent PC. I'm so used to using a mac now!

I emailed admissions to see if there were still seats available, it seems like there are still open seats. "Roseman University does not disclose how many seats are still available; however, I can tell you that we do still have open seats." I guess the question is, what's the seat/waitlistee ratio

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Reactions: 2 users
I want to sit in those seats.

Reactions: 5 users
Another week of hope! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm happy that there is open seats available, but I'm just as to why there is a wait to fill them. Why not send out invitations if they are open?

I'm happy that there is open seats available, but I'm just as to why there is a wait to fill them. Why not send out invitations if they are open?
I wonder the same exact thing. Or maybe they meant there are open seats bc those who have been accepted have not officially made their decisions yet...who knows. I can't beleieve the next cycle opens next week. I saved some money towards a nice vacation for the summer but it might have to be used for the app fees and DAT fee now.

The laptop last year's class received is a Dell ultrabook. The reason for the inflated price is the warranty. It's a four year warranty that covers all damage as long as alcohol is not detectable on the laptop and includes battery replacements as well. Those inclined to use something other than a iPad or a Dell, there is quite the precedent of students selling either or both, and getting whatever they like. Upboats for SP3!!

The laptop last year's class received is a Dell ultrabook. The reason for the inflated price is the warranty. It's a four year warranty that covers all damage as long as alcohol is not detectable on the laptop and includes battery replacements as well. Those inclined to use something other than a iPad or a Dell, there is quite the precedent of students selling either or both, and getting whatever they like. Upboats for SP3!!
So you're allowed to use different hardware for school?

Use whatever you like. There isn't any mandatory software that wouldn't work on a computer of your choosing that I am aware of. The biggest thing is VitalSource, but that is compatible on any OS including mobile options. The lappy requirement is there to ensure that everyone has a computer for the four years of school. It's also a university wide thing, so efforts to change it (which has happened every year thus far) are pretty fruitless. If you really don't like it, it's probably best to just sell it and move on.

Well this was kind of the last day I had hope...time to sign up for summer classes and get more shadowing hours for next cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well this was kind of the last day I had hope...time to sign up for summer classes and get more shadowing hours for next cycle!
Pretty bummed out here as well. However I did see some people getting in during June in the forums for last couple cycles but I don't know how many and if itll be consistent with this cycle. Anyhow I already started studying for my dat 2 weeks ago just in case but would be nice to get the call and just drop studying for the summer. Cmonnn

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone give up their seats?:)

Last edited:
For the waitlisted people do we still have to turn in the all the immunizations AND CPR cert/AED by july 1st? Or just anytime before aug 17th suffice?

Enamel88....I like your spunk....but work on next semester and crush the DAT like you're not on a waitlist..

Enamel88....I like your spunk....but work on next semester and crush the DAT like you're not on a waitlist..
I've been. Just trying to get these out of the way just in case and plan out when to do them on top of my busy DAT schedule/ EC activities.

Last edited:
Has anyone emailed Rebecca or Dr. Harman and got a reply? Anyone show up at admissions? My friend at med school showed up at the school and got another interview and got in. I'm accepted elsewhere, but Roseman is my first choice :(

I got an email reply shortly after I emailed in late May.

Does anyone know if Roseman requires us to collect teeth pre- D1?

I got a little box over the weekend with instructions to start gathering teeth

Just got the call a couple of hours ago that I am accepted! I know people will ask so I interviewed back in January. I will also be withdrawing my spot at USC. I look forward to meeting those who've been accepted and good luck to those still waiting. I didn't think I would get in here at this point and I will be commissioning in a couple of weeks for the army so everything worked out.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats, make sure to join the FB page.
Yes, you have to collect teeth.

HOLY SMOKES! Got my call this morning! I was getting ready to resubmit my app for next year but not anymore. Interviewed back on Feb. 6 and was waitlisted on Feb. 10. :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana:

Reactions: 6 users
Congr
HOLY SMOKES! Got my call this morning! I was getting ready to resubmit my app for next year but not anymore. Interviewed back on Feb. 6 and was waitlisted on Feb. 10. :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana:
congrats!!!! Best feeling what time/time zone did you get the call?

10 AM MDT thx all! My only interview too :laugh: so thankful

Reactions: 7 users
Also got the call but will be declining. Good luck to those waiting!

C'mon Roseman, call me!! I'm being patient still.

Reactions: 3 users
Call meeeeee!

Last edited:
for those that just got in, did you guys already have your med forms and stuff turned in from the alternate packet?

for those that just got in, did you guys already have your med forms and stuff turned in from the alternate packet?
Are the med forms and CPR certifications still due on july 1st for those waitlisted?

I didn't. I still have to get TB test, tetanus and do CPR certification.

Are the med forms and CPR certifications still due on july 1st for those waitlisted?

I doubt it but I imagine you would need to turn it in right away if accepted. That is something I would ask admissions about.

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a FB page or group for the Roseman class of 2019? Trying to figure out housing..Thank you!

I wonder if they are going to do another round of acceptance calls like they did around 6/9/15 :thinking:

Maybe the students are on break and not adcom? Wishful thinking.

Probably so at this point. I know it's not a clear representation, but FB group has 118 people. I'll be applying early July and taking the DAT in early aug!

Someone on the inside want to find out if the class is full or not? pretty please!

hopefully adcom is in a good mood after this weekend.

Let's hear from that 801!