****The Official Roseman University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Just gave up my spot. Someone should receive a call soon! Good luck all.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha all good man. Glad to be of help. Future colleagues!

Not in time for you all but I'm sure this news will more signifcantly slow the flow of those leaving Utah for dentistry training as well as put an end to Utah RDEP.

"The Utah Legislature signed off on the proposal, and the U.'s proposed school of dental medicine, during this year's session. Lawmakers endorsed a plan to use an anonymous $37 million pledge to construct a home for the dental school, a 67,000-square-foot building to be located at the health sciences campus or in Research Park. Groundbreakings for both projects would be in 2013" http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53684377-78/law-building-campus-chodosh.html.csp

Acceptance to Roseman this afternoon via phone call. Interviewed April 10. Excited to work with you guys. Best of luck to any still waiting, I'm sure spots will continue to open up soon!

hey congrats!!! Welcome to the coolest class ever!

Make sure you join the facebook group! Congrats on getting the call!

I can't believe it and am worried I'm going to wake up soon. But assuming this isn't a dream, I got the call this morning and couldn't be more excited to be a part of the Class of 2016! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

I can't believe it and am worried I'm going to wake up soon. But assuming this isn't a dream, I got the call this morning and couldn't be more excited to be a part of the Class of 2016! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Grats! Welcome to the class! Join the FB Group!

gave up my seat a few days ago, best of luck to those waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call on Wednesday, I'm in!! I have already been accepted to Tufts which I will be withdrawing, and Western. So I'm trying to decide between Western and Roseman. We are really leaning towards Roseman but I'm a bit concerned about the required 90% passing rate. Can anyone give me more information on this? Maybe some current students weigh in on it?

How frequent is remediation? Has anyone had to make up a course? Western has the same program but only requires a 75% pass rate. I don't doubt my study skills and I'm going to dental school to work hard and do well, but I'm also a father of two kids and would like to keep a relationship with them and my wife. ;)

And any thoughts on good areas to rent are always appreciated too. And I did request to join the FB page. ;)

Thanks!!

I am a current D1 student at Roseman. I would not be concerned about the 90% pass rate, in fact I see it as more as a benefit than a detriment. First of all, its really an 85% pass rate. You take the team assessment right after you take the assessment individually. If your team gets a 95% on the test you get an extra 5% added to your score. We are about done with the first year and have yet to have a single team not get the 95. There are usually about 10-15% of the class that has to remediate a test and Id say 98% of those people end up passing the remediation. I think there are only a handful of students that have to re-take the courses in the summer and I don't think there is a single person that has to do more than 2. If you go to class and study you will pass without a doubt. The way everything is set up is pretty genius in my opinion. Iv had to remediate twice and then passed both remediations. Having to get the 85 on each exam I feel has prepared me very well to pass the boards. Im currently studying for them now and I have done really well on some practice tests and iv known about 80-90 percent of the dental decks (One of the main study aids for the boards). I know for a fact I wouldn't do that well if I was only having to pass with a 70 or even a 75.

As for wanting to keep a good relationship with your wife and family, I think our school really lets you do that. Only having 1 test every two weeks is very nice. The week you don't have a test is extremely laid back. I spend a lot of time with my family and usually don't study at all on the weekends (unless there is a test on Monday)

Sorry for the long response, I hope I have answered your questions. So to sum it all up, don't let the 90 percent scare you. It is extremely do-able. I would focus the majority of your decision on what school to attend based on cost. Go to the cheapest school you get into. But remember, tuition is just a part of overall cost. Factor in cost of living. Roseman is expensive but when you factor in the cost of housing, entertainment, gas (Utah usually has one of the lowest gas prices in the country) its really cheaper than most private schools and schools like BU, Tufts and NYU. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck in your decision. Hope to see you next year!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the in-depth info. I found this extremely helpful. I am so excited to start this august. I feel very comfortable that i made the right decision. I got accepted to 5 schools and Roseman just felt like it was the right choice.

Is Roseman still interviewing for next years class? I keep hearing no and yes and I dont know if the class is full or not either.

I am a current D1 student at Roseman. I would not be concerned about the 90% pass rate, in fact I see it as more as a benefit than a detriment. First of all, its really an 85% pass rate. You take the team assessment right after you take the assessment individually. If your team gets a 95% on the test you get an extra 5% added to your score. We are about done with the first year and have yet to have a single team not get the 95. There are usually about 10-15% of the class that has to remediate a test and Id say 98% of those people end up passing the remediation. I think there are only a handful of students that have to re-take the courses in the summer and I don't think there is a single person that has to do more than 2. If you go to class and study you will pass without a doubt. The way everything is set up is pretty genius in my opinion. Iv had to remediate twice and then passed both remediations. Having to get the 85 on each exam I feel has prepared me very well to pass the boards. Im currently studying for them now and I have done really well on some practice tests and iv known about 80-90 percent of the dental decks (One of the main study aids for the boards). I know for a fact I wouldn't do that well if I was only having to pass with a 70 or even a 75.

As for wanting to keep a good relationship with your wife and family, I think our school really lets you do that. Only having 1 test every two weeks is very nice. The week you don't have a test is extremely laid back. I spend a lot of time with my family and usually don't study at all on the weekends (unless there is a test on Monday)

Sorry for the long response, I hope I have answered your questions. So to sum it all up, don't let the 90 percent scare you. It is extremely do-able. I would focus the majority of your decision on what school to attend based on cost. Go to the cheapest school you get into. But remember, tuition is just a part of overall cost. Factor in cost of living. Roseman is expensive but when you factor in the cost of housing, entertainment, gas (Utah usually has one of the lowest gas prices in the country) its really cheaper than most private schools and schools like BU, Tufts and NYU. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck in your decision. Hope to see you next year!

Thanks for the in depth info! I'm feeling a lot more relieved about the 90% and about the chance to keep a relationship with my family! I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you guys in August!

Does anyone know where I can get a calendar for Roseman's curriculum and events?

Thanks for the in depth info! I'm feeling a lot more relieved about the 90% and about the chance to keep a relationship with my family! I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you guys in August!

Does anyone know where I can get a calendar for Roseman's curriculum and events?

They will mail out the academic calendar in June last I heard. See you in August!

Our class is going to rock!

It was an incredibly hard decision but I withdrew my seats this morning from Western and Tufts. My wife and I are excited to meet you guys in August!!!

It was an incredibly hard decision but I withdrew my seats this morning from Western and Tufts. My wife and I are excited to meet you guys in August!!!

I am so proud of you! Way to go! I am excited to meet everybody this august.

Man, is anyone in the same boat as me then. They asked for an update in my master's this year back around April 1st and they wanted another faculty letter, I sent it off but still I have not heard anything.

I would focus the majority of your decision on what school to attend based on cost.
;) Where to attend isn't quite that simple but this is certainly advice you'll appreciate when starting to pay back the loans!

just 2 more months, just 2 more months, just 2 more months! :D:D:D

The most recent email says they haven't decided on a start date?

Says they are finalizing the dates for the year and we should be receiving an academic calendar soon-ish

yeah i know. I am pretty excited to get all that finalized. But its still roughly 2 more months. Just 2 more months!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

I got wait listed in the end of march and haven't heard back since.. Are the seats full now or do I still have a chance?

last i heard there is still a few seats left... maybe 5. So you still have a chance.

I interviewed on June 14th, they said they officially had 1 spot left and I got wailtlisted 2 weeks later.

Anyone with a small family looking for a place to live? I have a contact for a three bedroom house in Lehi, UT, Ten minutes from school. House is only two years old and is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Rent would be $1600 a month. For more information and pictures call Jordan at 801- 472-9885. I am a dental student at midwestern so I am not allowed to post on your facebook page. If someone could please forward this message on to the facebook group that would be great! This is my bro-in-laws house and they really want a great family to rent their house.

Anyone with a small family looking for a place to live? I have a contact for a three bedroom house in Lehi, UT, Ten minutes from school. House is only two years old and is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Rent would be $1600 a month. For more information and pictures call Jordan at 801- 472-9885. I am a dental student at midwestern so I am not allowed to post on your facebook page. If someone could please forward this message on to the facebook group that would be great! This is my bro-in-laws house and they really want a great family to rent their house.

Consider it done.

Is anyone here accepted to more than one dental school or is thinking of not attending Roseman for the fall? I'm on the wait list and I just wanted to know if there is a chance this year. Either way, good luck to everyone on your first year.

Is anyone here accepted to more than one dental school or is thinking of not attending Roseman for the fall? I'm on the wait list and I just wanted to know if there is a chance this year. Either way, good luck to everyone on your first year.

One guy got into another program a few days ago and I believe withdrew so there is still a chance. Good luck to ya.

I am aware of one student that was to attend Roseman that recently got accepted into a different program. She hasn't told Roseman yet as far as I know, so there will be one more spot opening up. (she wants to make sure nothing can go wrong with acceptance to the new school before she withdraws).

Hi, I have an interview with Roseman in a couple of weeks and I'm really nervous...this is my third time applying to dental school and my first interview. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about your interview. I heard there is some kind of group discussion and assignment at the end. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

The group discussion is pretty laid back. You will be just talking about the program which they will tell you all about in the morning and what kind of skills you all can contribute. My advice in this part is just be yourself and be proactive. Don't be the quiet shy guy... actually talk. The assignment is also easy. It is practically the same thing. Write down 3 things you learned about the school and what you like and why.

The whole experience is very laid back and low stress-level. If you really like the school and want to be here than dont be afraid to tell them. That is what they are looking for. They want to find people who really do want to be there.

did anyone have their interviewer say that they are going to recommend you for acceptance and not get in or waitlisted?

Good Morning Everyone!! I first want to congradulate everone who has gotten accepted thus far. I have my interview on March 21 and heard about a written essay on the interview date? Can anyone elaborate on this subject? Also what were the questions like. After reading through the threads is seems that mostly everyones interview were not stressful and very relaxing. This will be my second interview, but first personal interview. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Good day all!