**** The Official Rutgers Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Applesandteeth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle. Post stats/questions/concerns here.

Jersey strong!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone applying this cycle completed (or about to start) the Master of Science/Master of Biological Science - Dental Scholar's track program? (or any other program i.e. NYU/Drexel etc.?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you guys hear back from them yet? It's been about a week but no supplemental information yet.

Excited as well. No news yet on my end.

Received an email to pay the fee as well.

Just mailed out the goods. I wish they did it online would've made things easier haha

has anyone applying this cycle completed (or about to start) the Master of Science/Master of Biological Science - Dental Scholar's track program? (or any other program i.e. NYU/Drexel etc.?)

I'm applying this cycle and also will be attending Rutgers mbs program in Newark starting this August

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just curious!

Last edited:
I know they took my check already. Waiting for some sort of update

Taken from the website, @predentgal23 and @zurizzle So you both most likely will be invited for a post-December interview.

Do I need to complete the GSBS Dental Scholars Program before applying to dental school?
This depends on the dental school(s) of interest to you. In the case of NJDS, you are required to
complete at least one semester of the GSBS Dental Scholars Program (or any other comparable
program) before NJDS will consider inviting you for interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Taken from the website, @predentgal23 and @zurizzle So you both most likely will be invited for a post-December interview.

Do I need to complete the GSBS Dental Scholars Program before applying to dental school?
This depends on the dental school(s) of interest to you. In the case of NJDS, you are required to
complete at least one semester of the GSBS Dental Scholars Program (or any other comparable
program) before NJDS will consider inviting you for interview.

Oh okay cool. I also have to bring up my DAT score. Probably going to take it in 3 weeks

Anyone hear anything from Rutgers? They cashed my check, but that's it.

I Submitted my AADSaS app on 7/28. I've heard heard back from other schools, but nothing from Rutgers yet. Ahh I'm scared.. am I applying too late?

I Submitted my AADSaS app on 7/28. I've heard heard back from other schools, but nothing from Rutgers yet. Ahh I'm scared.. am I applying too late?

Do you mean 6/28? Because if not, has your aadsas app been verified/sent out even? o_o Maybe give it some more time if you did mean 7/28.

Do you mean 6/28? Because if not, has your aadsas app been verified/sent out even? o_o Maybe give it some more time if you did mean 7/28.
:)I did mean 7/28. Luckily my application was verified on 7/29. I got an email from RUDS just now. Yay!

:)I did mean 7/28. Luckily my application was verified on 7/29. I got an email from RUDS just now. Yay!

Okay, that's great! I didn't know what you were expecting though, a confirmation e-mail or interview invite. If it were the latter I was going to say give it a little bit more time and don't be too spooked!!!

Still haven't heard much from them

@imrandom , last year the first interviews were sent out around August 21st. Rutgers doesn't send confirmation e-mails, if they cashed your check, then you have nothing to worry about. :)

@imrandom , last year the first interviews were sent out around August 21st. Rutgers doesn't send confirmation e-mails, if they cashed your check, then you have nothing to worry about. :)

So the waiting game continues haha

Interview invite for 9/12 @ 9 AM!!!

Interview on 9/12 as well! And no program needed.

Congrats to both of you!!
Do you guys mind sharing your stats? @ASOT @Jerm2911
Sure!

Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/14
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.65, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA / 22 TS / 20 PAT / 23 RC / none

Just got one for 9/19

Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/14
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.71, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA / 25 TS / 24 PAT / 25 RC / none

Congrats to both of you!!
Do you guys mind sharing your stats? @ASOT @Jerm2911
Thank you!
AADSAS Mail out: 7/18/14
GPA: 3.36 overall, 3.30 science
DAT: 20 AA/ 21 TS/ 21 PAT/ 20 RC/ none below 17

Interview invite today at 2:30pm OOS from florida! Finally! Interview date 09/19

Last edited:
congrats on the interviews! I cant believe they sent out already.. which now makes me extremely nervous that I didnt get an invite:nailbiting:...

congrats on the interviews! I cant believe they sent out already.. which now makes me extremely nervous that I didnt get an invite:nailbiting:...
Same and I applied second batch with competitive stats!

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/14
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.9+, 3.9+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA

9/12/14 interview

Really grateful! Don't lose hope, this is just the beginning of the interview invites, so don't worry! I know I stressed out a lot this month too, but just try to keep calm! For those who have the same interview date I hope to see you all there!

Reactions: 1 users
Rutgers does not have a supplemental application other than the fee, unless notified by an admissions officer right?

School: Rutgers
Notification date: 8/13/14
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14, committee sent on 07/07
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.5, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/19
Interview date: 10/03/14

Received my interview :) So happy! Amazing clinic and faculty.

anyone know if theres preference given to in-state residents. Im from Mass, thinking my chances may be slimmer.... no interview invite yet :\

anyone know if theres preference given to in-state residents. Im from Mass, thinking my chances may be slimmer.... no interview invite yet :\

Since it's a state school...there is a higher preference towards nj residents.

I assumed so. Here's hoping though! Good luck to everyone and congrats on those that are getting interview invites!