**** The Official Rutgers Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Hi does anyone know if Rutgers is still sending out interview invites? They have been completely silent, even when I sent an e-mail making sure they had all my application materials back in November.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi does anyone know if Rutgers is still sending out interview invites? They have been completely silent, even when I sent an e-mail making sure they had all my application materials back in November.
No I have not heard a peep either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey i just got an interview for Rutgers. I know its really late, but I applied there really late. Actually, my parents made me apply at the last second (I am a new jersey resident). But I digress, I have a few questions.

1) Whats my chance of acceptance this late?
2) Is it really in the middle of the ghetto? Be honest how bad is the area? And does it rly matter?
3) Getting more important here: Is Rutgers research or clinical based?
4) What is the Interview like and how would one prepare for it?

Hi! I just got an interview as well and I am out of state. Can you get in-state tuition after first year at Rutgers?

Also just got an interview invite this morning for Jan 23. Kinda odd timing being this late and also very interesting since I have already mailed a deposit to NYU. Hmmm:bang:

Any one from December 12 interview hear anything back yet?

I interviewed in December and haven't heard anything either. It's making me anxious to hear back

Hey i just got an interview for Rutgers. I know its really late, but I applied there really late. Actually, my parents made me apply at the last second (I am a new jersey resident). But I digress, I have a few questions.

1) Whats my chance of acceptance this late?
2) Is it really in the middle of the ghetto? Be honest how bad is the area? And does it rly matter?
3) Getting more important here: Is Rutgers research or clinical based?
4) What is the Interview like and how would one prepare for it?

1) I interviewed on the 16 and to my knowledge there was like ~20 spots left with 40 people left to interview (including my interview class). I wouldnt say your chances of getting in are fantastic considering the timing but if your app is good you have just as good a chance as anyone else.

2) If you dorm there, the dorms connected to the school and the actual campus is fine. You are in Newark so its not great but its not as dangerous if you dont do anything to put yourself in danger.

3) Rutgers is a clinically based school and has one of the top 3 (if not the best) clinical work for dental in the country. The reason for this is because its located in newark where there are alot of people who are forced to go to the school for dental work.

4) Interview is standard. Theyll end up asking you about things that they have considered "red flags" in your app so be prepared to explain this. Its very relaxed so come into it with that in mind

predentsam1- Where did u get this information and who are the top 3? "Rutgers is a clinically based school and has one of the top 3 (if not the best) clinical work for dental in the country. "

Got a rejection email today. No interview. OOS student
DAT AA: 24
ogpa 3.96 sgpa 3.88

oh well

Well I just got rejected today, but just saw the above post and no wonder I got rejected.

DAT: 21
oGA: 3.4, sGPA: 3.32

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply and did you have an interview?

No interview, I applied in July but my application wasnt considered complete until September 5th

3.5 gpa
25 AA DAT
rejected two days ago.

punctured my ego... i guess this is the silver lining

Anyone that interviewed post december and haven't heard back? I wonder if there are still spots left anyone have insights?

Has anyone who hasn't heard back yet called the school? It's been over 2 months since my interview. I'm dying to know what's taking them so long, but at my interview I was told there's no point in calling since they won't tell me anything...

Just wonder if anyone already accepted have received the official paper offer and the enrollment package from the school. They say it is going to be mailed out Feb. Not rested completely until receiving that. Thanks for any input. Good luck to everyone.

Just wonder if anyone already accepted have received the official paper offer and the enrollment package from the school. They say it is going to be mailed out Feb. Not rested completely until receiving that. Thanks for any input. Good luck to everyone.
Did you get an acceptance?

did anyone who interviewed post december hear anything yet?

I interviewed in dec and was just wait listed today.

Does anyone know if the class is full or how quickly the wait list may be moved?

I was in their last interview group for this cycle. They said that the class was full and that they rarely need to accept off the waitlist. Its the only New Jersey State school, so kids who get accepted from NJ are highly unlikely to drop. Private schools take way more kids off their waitlist.

Ha well this has been proven false by later comments... so lol. Congrats to them though!

Last edited:
Accepted off the waitlist today. Was waitlisted last week.

Reactions: 1 user
accepted off the waitlist yesterday as well! will be attending:)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the waitlist as well. Haven't decided fully but am leaning towards accepting.

Bumpp I'm going to guess the class is full. :) Excited to see everyone at scrub fittings!

Hello there,

I'm just curious if there were any Canadians accepted to this class. I'm a Canadian looking into attending and just had a couple questions and any help would be great! Thank you.

Best,

Michael