*** The Official RUTGERS Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

lmao why did you divide like that...sorry i'm cracking up :laugh:

I agree lots of people do not like the simple math. But , I really surprise you do not understand the simple terms of Interviewed Number and Accepted Number. Let me explain to you, I know my English is poor, but I try to make it clear. I think is it so easy to see the problem.

For Rutgers in 2014, the instate number interviewed is 155. But the number accepted is 61. Which means that 94 people got interviewed but not accepted. Rutgers is the only university that number of interviewed >>> accepted number.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree lots of people do not like the simple math. But , I really surprise you do not understand the simple terms of Interviewed Number and Accepted Number. Let me explain to you, I know my English is poor, but I try to make it clear. I think is it so easy to see the problem.

For Rutgers in 2014, the instate number interviewed is 155. But the number accepted is 61. Which means that 94 people got interviewed but not accepted. Rutgers is the only university that number of interviewed >>> accepted number.

I am pretty sure he was referring to your percentages that are all over 100%.

Reactions: 3 users
I am pretty sure he was referring to your percentages that are all over 100%.

More Than 100 Percent
Date: 07/27/99 at 13:18:17
Subject: More than 100%?

Please help to settle an ongoing argument with a friend: is it correct
to use a value of more than 100%? I say that there's no such thing
as anything larger than 100%; my friend says that it is okay to say
200% or 300% and so on.

Thank you.

Date: 07/27/99 at 17:39:41
Subject: Re: More than 100%?

Hi, Michael.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with using percentages greater
than 100%. Whether this makes sense depends entirely on the context.

A percentage is simply another way of writing a fraction with a
denominator of 100. For example, 6% = 6/100. Just as you can have an
improper fraction (a fraction whose numerator is greater than the
denominator), such as 4/3, so you can have what we might call an
"improper percentage" like 120% or 300%.

There are situations in which a percentage greater than 100% makes no
sense. For instance, "The Math Doctors answered 146% of the questions
received last month." This makes no sense because if we received 5061
questions, we couldn't possibly answer more than all of them. It's
just as nonsensical as saying "I ate 4/3 of the cake."

On the other hand, sometimes percentages are used like this: "The
number of questions received was up 15.7%, from 5450 in February to
6305 in March." In other words, the increase from February to March
was 6305-5450 = 855, and 855 is 15.7% of 5450. (These facts are true,
by the way.)

Now, what if the number of questions received went up to 14000 in
April? (It didn't.) This would be an increase of 122% from March to
April. There is nothing wrong with this - no law says that the number
of questions can't do more than double from one month to the next.

So the answer is, there is such a thing as a percentage larger than
100%, but not everything can have a percentage larger than 100%.

- Doctor Rick, The Math Forum
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/

Members don't see this ad :)
More Than 100 Percent
Date: 07/27/99 at 13:18:17
Subject: More than 100%?

Please help to settle an ongoing argument with a friend: is it correct
to use a value of more than 100%? I say that there's no such thing
as anything larger than 100%; my friend says that it is okay to say
200% or 300% and so on.

Thank you.

Date: 07/27/99 at 17:39:41
Subject: Re: More than 100%?

Hi, Michael.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with using percentages greater
than 100%. Whether this makes sense depends entirely on the context.

A percentage is simply another way of writing a fraction with a
denominator of 100. For example, 6% = 6/100. Just as you can have an
improper fraction (a fraction whose numerator is greater than the
denominator), such as 4/3, so you can have what we might call an
"improper percentage" like 120% or 300%.

There are situations in which a percentage greater than 100% makes no
sense. For instance, "The Math Doctors answered 146% of the questions
received last month." This makes no sense because if we received 5061
questions, we couldn't possibly answer more than all of them. It's
just as nonsensical as saying "I ate 4/3 of the cake."

On the other hand, sometimes percentages are used like this: "The
number of questions received was up 15.7%, from 5450 in February to
6305 in March." In other words, the increase from February to March
was 6305-5450 = 855, and 855 is 15.7% of 5450. (These facts are true,
by the way.)

Now, what if the number of questions received went up to 14000 in
April? (It didn't.) This would be an increase of 122% from March to
April. There is nothing wrong with this - no law says that the number
of questions can't do more than double from one month to the next.

So the answer is, there is such a thing as a percentage larger than
100%, but not everything can have a percentage larger than 100%.

- Doctor Rick, The Math Forum
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/

My argument isn't about whether a percentage is larger than 100% exists or not. You could have simply wrote the number of acceptances / number of interviews. We tell people that the school's acceptance rate is 45% if granted a interview. However, the way you wrote it saying there are 100/45... I actually don't know how to explain the 100/45. You get the point.

Not saying you are wrong, just a different way of expressing it.

Reactions: 1 user
I was under the impression that you can complete any missing prerequisites by spring semester before matriculation,but I just saw this on rutgers faqs:

"Q.Do I have to complete my pre-dental requirements and take DAT in order to be considered for an interview?
A.Yes. Applicants will not be considered for an interview until all pre-dental requirements are completed and DAT taken."

So since I need one more English class which I'm planning on taking in the spring, should I just forget about paying their supplemental? I don't want to waste $85 for some requirement only they seem to have. Or are their "predental requirements" different from prerequisites?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that you can complete any missing prerequisites by spring semester before matriculation,but I just saw this on rutgers faqs:

"Q.Do I have to complete my pre-dental requirements and take DAT in order to be considered for an interview?
A.Yes. Applicants will not be considered for an interview until all pre-dental requirements are completed and DAT taken."

So since I need one more English class which I'm planning on taking in the spring, should I just forget about paying their supplemental? I don't want to waste $85 for some requirement only they seem to have. Or are their "predental requirements" different from prerequisites?
That is BS. Don't worry about it.

Wait... Rutgers emailed you a supplemental?

Also I'm in the same boat. BU is my only interview also! I check my email constantly.... Waiting is the worst!!!
no supplemental application only the fee still haven't heard from any other schools lol the wait sucks

Same here I'm doing it also, apparently this is the first year there's a linkage with the ds?
not sure tbh i was selected for the dental histology class so hopefully that isnt crazy. but also this year they stopped allowing us to transfer credits to the dental school if we get accepted. but other school accept them though like NYu and temple iirc

Yeah they stopped transferring credits because it wasn't fair to the other students who had to take classes along with lab.

Last edited:
Did Rutgers send out interview invites?

Did anyone get an "application complete" email?
i don't believe they do those. its my 3rd time applying and last two times they just send an email asking for the supp check and thats about it

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't seen any rutgers invites yet. its my top choice so I've been on top of checking everything like a psycho

Lol....

Yea that school is my second top choice.... Can't wait, this is like gambling... So much emotion, just trying to win....

Oh and

I am your competition.

But if I become your classmate, I will be nice.

Good luck

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody know why Rutgers does not differentiate between in-state and out-of-state even though it's a state school?

CMON RUTGERS!! where da interview invites at?!?!?! +pissed+

Got it! Invitation to interview received today at 11am. I could not attend the Sept 11th date that they invited me for, so I am waiting for a response with an alternate date. They said that they would get back to me today. I am OOS MA with a GPA of 3.78, sGPA 3.76. Submitted first batch, although my committee letter was not submitted until July 10thish.

Just confirmed for Friday Sept, 18th! If anyone is interested in sharing a hotel room, let me know and I will see if we can work something out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got it! Invitation to interview received today at 11am. I could not attend the Sept 11th date that they invited me for, so I am waiting for a response with an alternate date. They said that they would get back to me today. I am OOS MA with a GPA of 3.78, sGPA 3.76. Submitted first batch, although my committee letter was not submitted until July 10thish.

Just confirmed for Friday Sept, 18th!
Congrats

What was your AADSAS mail out date?

Hey anyone that got an interview so far- when you replied to the email that you sent to confirm the date, did you get an email back?

Yes I got one saying you are now confirmed

A junior student at RSDM told me the avg. DAT score for this year freshmen was 26..

Is that even possible?

A junior student at RSDM told me the avg. DAT score for this year freshmen was 26..

Is that even possible?

No, it's 20. They're trolling you.

Hi all! I have an interview coming up and am trying to use the rutgers dental website to find info about the school, but I am having trouble. it seems like there are a lot of links to click on but not too much information about the school like other schools websites provide. I am wondering if anyone knows of other resources I can consult?

Hi all! I have an interview coming up and am trying to use the rutgers dental website to find info about the school, but I am having trouble. it seems like there are a lot of links to click on but not too much information about the school like other schools websites provide. I am wondering if anyone knows of other resources I can consult?

I want to know as well.

Also do they make your write an short essay during interviews?

For those of you who have received the secondary app, do you mind sharing the supplemental questions?

There is no short essay during interviews, also the supplemental is just paying the $85 application fee. I agree the site is tricky to navigate but continue to look around, you can find some info on the clinic and the curriculum.

Anyone having an interview anytime soon?

Does anyone know if more pre-Dec interviews will be given out? I've obviously seen students getting interviews, but it doesn't seem like many have been given out thus far..

Anyone having an interview anytime soon?
10/2

There is no short essay during interviews, also the supplemental is just paying the $85 application fee. I agree the site is tricky to navigate but continue to look around, you can find some info on the clinic and the curriculum.

Thanks for letting us know!

Actually the incoming year they had an average of 22 on dat. previously its been 20. not sure if it just happens to be that or the standard have been raised.
According to the ADEA guide book, the 2014 entering class had an average DAT of 20. The average Canadian DAT score was a 22.

At my interview a few weeks ago, they said the 2014 incoming class had a 22 but the year before was a 20

At my interview a few weeks ago, they said the 2014 incoming class had a 22 but the year before was a 20

Hi,

Would you mind sharing your interview experience with us? :love::biglove::yuck::pompous:

Interview invite today! Super pumped, was born 15 minutes away but moved to Florida soon after. It will be nice to go back home!

Hi,

Would you mind sharing your interview experience with us? :love::biglove::yuck::pompous:

Sure. Very laid back and relaxed. You enter a big room with a round table for breakfast and talk informally with faculty members and some older students. Interviewers enter the room periodically to grab the students they will be interviewing. My interview was relatively short and nothing too stressful. They then give you a financial aid presentation and a presentation about the admission process and school itself. After that you go on a campus tour and then leave.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone interviewing Friday October 2nd?

Interviewing Oct 16! Anyone else?

Last edited:
I think you will be the only one to be in the building on a Sunday

Anyone interviewing this friday oct 2nd. Pm me if you want to meet up