*** The Official RUTGERS Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Sooooo anyone think Rutgers is still dishing out interviews for OOS?
It's only the end of September, so yes. That's a no-brainer imo

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone help me out? My app was "mailed out" today and I received an e-mail from Rutgers saying they want the $85.00 application fee mailed, but also it says this:
In order for your application package to be completed, we must receive your DAT scores through AADSAS. It is your responsibility to request and have AADSAS release the DAT scores as part of your record. Once all applications are reviewed, those selected for an interview will be notified via email.

^ Do you actually have to do something else for this part in order for them to get your DAT scores? Or were my DAT scores already mailed out with my application?

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone help me out? My app was "mailed out" today and I received an e-mail from Rutgers saying they want the $85.00 application fee mailed, but also it says this:
In order for your application package to be completed, we must receive your DAT scores through AADSAS. It is your responsibility to request and have AADSAS release the DAT scores as part of your record. Once all applications are reviewed, those selected for an interview will be notified via email.

^ Do you actually have to do something else for this part in order for them to get your DAT scores? Or were my DAT scores already mailed out with my application?
If you haven't already you have to list Rutgers as one of the schools your DAT scores will be sent to. You do that by going on the ADA website and signing into your account and paying to have it sent to them. You have to do that for each school you apply to I'm pretty sure.

Does anyone know if there is a link to research projects done by students at Rutgers? :)

Hey everyone! I used to lurk on SDN a lot when I was applying and I found some information to be helpful so I figured I'd finally contribute. I'm a first year dental student at Rutgers so feel free to ask anything. We were told our class this year had the highest averages ever, with both the overall and science gpa averages being 3.6 and DAT AA and TS at 22 and 21.5. They've been interviewing pretty much every friday and they usually continue interviewing until around January-February..don't be discouraged if you haven't received an invite yet! Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I used to lurk on SDN a lot when I was applying and I found some information to be helpful so I figured I'd finally contribute. I'm a first year dental student at Rutgers so feel free to ask anything. We were told our class this year had the highest averages ever, with both the overall and science gpa averages being 3.6 and DAT AA and TS at 22 and 21.5. They've been interviewing pretty much every friday and they usually continue interviewing until around January-February..don't be discouraged if you haven't received an invite yet! Good luck!!
I really want to contact the admissions office in regards to my application status... But should i be patient and keep waiting??
And it seems stats are continuing to climb each and every year! xP

I really want to contact the admissions office in regards to my application status... But should i be patient and keep waiting??
And it seems stats are continuing to climb each and every year! xP
I know the waiting game can be difficult but I've heard from multiple people (including faculty) they don't like it when you contact them. Apparently they keep on record how often you call/email, and if you're calling every other day it does not work in your favor. If you call just to make sure they've received everything, that's not a problem..just don't go crazy.

Don't forget stats are just an average! After speaking with a couple of my classmates, there are quite a few people who were well below those numbers.

I know the waiting game can be difficult but I've heard from multiple people (including faculty) they don't like it when you contact them. Apparently they keep on record how often you call/email, and if you're calling every other day it does not work in your favor. If you call just to make sure they've received everything, that's not a problem..just don't go crazy.

Don't forget stats are just an average! After speaking with a couple of my classmates, there are quite a few people who were well below those numbers.
Thank you so much!

Hello! Thanks for offering some advice. I am interviewing next week and was wondering if as a student now there is anything you discovered that you wish you had known when going into the interview. Knowing what you know, how might have you tailored your questions to find out more? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Thanks for offering some advice. I am interviewing next week and was wondering if as a student now there is anything you discovered that you wish you had known when going into the interview. Knowing what you know, how might have you tailored your questions to find out more? Thank you!!

Same!!

I went to the interview last week. It was very relaxing and I had a feeling they didn't put much weight towards the interview. Just my 2 pesos

I went to the interview last week. It was very relaxing and I had a feeling they didn't put much weight towards the interview. Just my 2 pesos

Did you interview Oct 2nd? I was there. I felt the same way about the interview.

I had asked if Evistor was in our interview group and thought the same - interview was chill and seemed to hold less weight.

I think that's the trend with many schools. They aren't inviting you there to intimidate you, they are inviting you there to get to know you and attract you to their school. Getting invited for an interview is much rarer than getting in after an interview.

Anyone else at Rutgers Oct 2?

Oops I quoted the wrong post, I was asking about them not really placing much emphasis on the interview and why you felt that way. I realize each school emphasizes each aspect of the application differently, but at my first interview at a different school we were told they viewed the interview as one of the most important aspects

The reason is that we only talked about football with my interviewer and that was it. :)

For me personally, I wish I would have known to relax! It's always a good idea to go in prepared, but don't panic if you don't have a prepared answer for every question. My interview didn't even feel like an interview and was more like a casual conversation. However, even though my interview was extremely relaxed, I did hear some people had terrible experiences. While my interviewer barely asked me anything, one of my friends said he had to explain everything about his application (including a C grade from 3 years ago). Another one of my friends pretty much had her interviewer tell her that she wasn't getting in, which made the interview extremely unpleasant (she was wait listed and never came off the list). However, I think the majority had the regular questions of why dentistry, etc. so I would go in expecting to be asked those questions. Even though they don't place a huge amount of weight on the interview, it is still a very important part of your application that can make or break you!! There were plenty of people with excellent stats who were rejected after interviewing -- don't think the interview is not important just because it's relaxed! They are constantly watching you even if you think they're not so just be sure to be professional at all times.

A professor told me the worst question you can ask is one for which the answer can be found online since that shows you didn't do your homework on the school. They LOVE research at Rutgers so I asked a few questions about getting involved to show my interest. Rutgers also likes students to give back to the community so you could also ask about outreach opportunities available. I don't think being a student has really changed what I would have asked since I think the school is pretty straightforward about what they have to offer.

Congrats on your interview and good luck! Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions :)

Reactions: 3 users
2 things from my interview today:

- rutgers prides themselves on their clinical side

- stats for the class of 2019:

avg sci gpa - 3.6
avg ovr gpa - 3.7
avg DAT - 22
avg TS - 22

^ major increase from class of 2018

Interview this Oct 30th. Anyone have the same session?

Interview Nov 6! Does anyone know if it looks bad to try and change your interview date? That's literally the one day that is a problem for me, but I'll obviously figure it out if I need to!

Did anyone here finished Rutgers MBS program and got invited to the interview?

avg sci gpa - 3.6
avg ovr gpa - 3.7
avg DAT - 22
avg TS - 22

That is crazy high and almost as high as Harvard.

avg sci gpa - 3.6
avg ovr gpa - 3.7
avg DAT - 22
avg TS - 22

Dang that's insane from last year.

Would you guys mind posting your stats?

Application Received: 9/20/15
Residency: NJ
GPA: 3.21 science, 3.18 overall (whoooops)
DAT: 21AA/19TS/18PAT/23RC/22QR

My stats are extremely low so don't give up hope everyone haha

Application Received: 9/20/15
Residency: NJ
GPA: 3.21 science, 3.18 overall (whoooops)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/18/23/no

My stats are extremely low so don't give up hope everyone haha

That's because you are NJ resident.

Anyone else at Rutgers Oct 2?

If i'm being honest, I don't remember my specific date, but the interview was very relaxed. I don't feel like I'm in a position to say whether they put much weight on it or not, but they certainly weren't looking to grill anyone. It seemed as though they just wanted to get a feel of our personality, like most interviews SHOULD be in my opinion. We just had a long conversation about ethics in dentistry.

Do they only send out supplemental application to a few applicants or all?

I would do ANYTHING for an interview here. close to NY and not super expensive.

Do they only send out supplemental application to a few applicants or all?

I would do ANYTHING for an interview here. close to NY and not super expensive.

There is no supplemental application. Just a fee.

can you get in state residency tuition after the first year if you come from oos? like how it is at uconn?

Anyone have an idea of how many they accept from pre-December OOS interviews. I interviewed Oct 2 and would love to attend

For people who have attended the interview, do you guys remember if they give an overview presentation of the school before the interviews? Or do the interviews happen before they tell you about what the school has the offer? Just wondering, because their website isn't very detailed about the program

I believe the interviews are before the presentation. But you do have about a half hour or so to talk with students and faculty while eating breakfast and they are very open to questions.

Thanks! Also, I read that it's recommended you get there way before the interview day actually starts? Why do people recommend getting there so early?

Thanks! Also, I read that it's recommended you get there way before the interview day actually starts? Why do people recommend getting there so early?

Don't know why that was suggested.. Maybe so that you have more time to speak with students/faculty. I remember I showed up about 20 minutes before the recommended time, but this was because I drove from my house expecting more traffic (and would rather show up early than late).

Should I apply to Rutgers? I am a Texas resident. I have a 3.5 and 21aa 22 ts

I didn't apply to nova and tufts because I didn't meet the requirements. Now I am looking at more schools to add.
rutgers and tufts are harder than nova, but whats wrong with your stats? they're more than enough for nova, and rutgers

Interviewed...

This school is absolutely fantastic. The faculty was friendly, professional, and passionate about dentistry. The students seemed happy there as well.

It's IS for me too so its #1 in my book :D

hi