The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

litokhmaikid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where the rest of my September 18th homies at :laugh:? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, First off good luck on receiving your scores! I am looking to register for any of the Jan spots, if anyone is dropping their spot please let me know anywhere around Virginia or Illinois.:);):( Thank you in advance and good luck again. :nod::happy:

Hello, First off good luck on receiving your scores! I am looking to register for any of the Jan spots, if anyone is dropping their spot please let me know anywhere around Virginia or Illinois.:);):( Thank you in advance and good luck again. :nod::happy:

I will be canceling a spot in dekalb illinois if all goes well. Hoping it does

Ignorance is bliss. I wouldn't mind if AAMC didn't send out scores for another 6 months lol. I'm not ready to be depressed.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, no more spots in the US. We better do well on this, y'all.

Reactions: 1 user
12 more days to score release… not that I'm counting or anything. Nice perk of getting our gift cards in a week. Thanks AAMC and Amazon!

I dont think ill be getting a gift card, the bio section upset me and i definitely rushed through the hard biochem trial i got

Ignorance is bliss. I wouldn't mind if AAMC didn't send out scores for another 6 months lol. I'm not ready to be depressed.

I hear ya man.....I nearly forgot about the MCAT until I started having nightmares again lol

Members don't see this ad :)
i honestly dont think about the MCAT until OTHER people ask me how i did/when am i getting my score back. Im just like oh wow i forgot about that, hope i did well lol

even though my future rests on that number. nbd

i honestly dont think about the MCAT until OTHER people ask me how i did/when am i getting my score back. Im just like oh wow i forgot about that, hope i did well lol

It feels like everyone's wait is so much shorter. This month is so long.

Same!
Although my friends all took it within the last month so basically every single Tuesday has been somebody else important to me finding out their score..so far one of my friends was averaging a 33 on her AAMC exams (and even got up to a 41 once) and got a 30 on her actual test..and my other friend was averaging between 29-32 and got a 30 as well.
This wait is killing me..at least we find out trial section scores on Thursday!
My friend got a 44% on it and that's apparently within the top 50% lol.

I wonder how AAMC even uses the trial section results considering that
1) Most testers probably didn't know the material that well (considering it was not studied)
2) Even those that did may not have tried hard

Edit: Post 1234. Never posting again?

Man, I took one look at the trial section and was like, yep - nope… I'm done. But now I wish I had a $30 gift card to look forward to to distract me from this wait!!

If anyone has a spot they are dropping in January 2015 in California or neighboring states, please PM me!

Since our scores come out in about a week, it's too premature for that in this thread. Nobody here is going to give up a reserved spot (if they have one) days before score release.

T-t-t-trial section time. Soc/psych, 59%, top quarter. Brain was fried at that time. I was literally slouched down in my chair and just glad the part that counted was over. Amazon time!

44% in Biochem trial section... I hope this isn't indicative of my actual score, I honestly don't remember if I tried to actually do well or not (test day is just a blur right now) so I have no idea how to feel. For no rational reason, I have convinced myself that I probably got around "top half" on the MCAT as well, which probably corresponds to around a 25-26 which would be devastating, especially since there is no chance of a retake except for in Guam. I was doing so well not thinking about scores for days at a time then I get this email lol AHHHH!!! Oh wells, let's pray for the best. 5 more long slow days and then some peace (hopefully).

50% in psych/soc trial section which was top half. I guessed on 99% of it because I've never taken any of those classes.

38% Biochem trial section was top half. Tried to attend to it but brain was mush at that point and gave up. Also have not yet taken biochem so that made taking this section a bit harder...

81% right on psych section. I used less than half of the time because it was so easy (I'm in a psych thesis program).

I probably could have hit 90% with more thoughtful reading. If I have to write the new MCAT, it will be the biochem that kills me. Hopefully my score bodes well for my VR.

Good luck, everyone! Just a few more days...

66% on psych. Top quarter. What! I was not expecting to get 2/3rds correct, more like 1/3rd. Took my last psych/sociology class 10 years ago

The $30 Amazon gift card eases the wait and getting in the top quarter eases the anxiety.

What are all of you going to spend your gift card on?

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

The $30 Amazon gift card eases the wait and getting in the top quarter eases the anxiety.

What are all of you going to spend your gift card on?

Antidepressants? lol :(

Reactions: 2 users
Wow cool got the giftcard, works only on amazon.com where most items won't ship to Canada lol

81% right on psych section. I used less than half of the time because it was so easy (I'm in a psych thesis program).

I probably could have hit 90% with more thoughtful reading. If I have to write the new MCAT, it will be the biochem that kills me. Hopefully my score bodes well for my VR.

Good luck, everyone! Just a few more days...

Genius....

I got 56% and was top quarter for psych lol.

shew! 50% psych top quarter. Great since I haven't take any sociology classes and only took one applied psych class 12 years ago. I hope my mcat scores do better than expected as well.

I am giving the gift card to my husband, because I will be a mess to deal with next week. If my scores come back great, I'll be insufferably joyous. If they come back dismal I will be in so deep of a depression, he will be forced to turn on all my neglected DVR shows, throw chocolate at me, and keep a safe distance.

why did I not get my giftcard! is it cause I guessed on everything??

You had to have put a good faith effort. I believe how they determine this is a combination of % correct as well as time taken on the trial section. Just speculation, though, so don't quote me.

Guys, good luck for your scores! If any of you will be dropping Jan seats in Ontario, please let me know. I would be forever grateful. Thank you!

why did I not get my giftcard! is it cause I guessed on everything??

That is the reason you didn't get the giftcard. You need to have tried to some degree. Even if you knew nothing about the topic, you should have spent an appropriate amount of time on each question. Also, at the very least, you should be able to get over 25%...

I bet that AAMC tracks time spent per question (like in the practice AAMCs) and then obviously percentage correct.

Yeah I think you have to take enough time on it. I had to guess for the majority of the questions not related to info given but I made sure to not just rush through. I think I spent time at the end to breathe and relax before I submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Had a nightmare I got 13/9/1 lol I forgot all about mcat worries till i saw the tutorial email. anyone know if it works for amazon canada ?