The Official September 6, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bit early, but post here if you're writing on this date. For me, it's looking to be third time's the charm hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

So to take my mind off MCAT stress, I've been asking myself this question and wondering what you guys think:

Would you give a kidney to get a full ride scholarship at Harvard medical school?

So to take my mind off MCAT stress, I've been asking myself this question and wondering what you guys think:

Would you give a kidney to get a full ride scholarship at Harvard medical school?

As tempting as the offer (a FREE medical education? at the most prestigious and arguably best medical school in the world?), I would decline. Health is priceless and you don't know if you'll be needing that one kidney in the future in the case that something happens to your other one. Great question though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last week I didn't think about it that much (though I did have a dream about getting a good score back two nights ago), but this morning I started realizing that we're halfway there and soon we will... KNOW. So I think my week of peace has ended. :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so over it. XD I want my scores now! Low or high score :L I just want at least a 30.

Oh god when I said that there were a decent amount of August test takers who scored above their average, I hadn't actually seen the August 15th thread yet. But that seems to be an anomaly among the recent handful of tests, right...?

I have a question. You guys talked about the heavy Ochem in the exam. What are you comparing it to? As far as I remember there were two complete passages on Just OChem(Around 10 questions), a couple discrete, that's it. Is that a lot? Because I took a few practice tests and thought that we had a lot less Ochem than some of the AAMC tests!

I have a question. You guys talked about the heavy Ochem in the exam. What are you comparing it to? As far as I remember there were two complete passages on Just OChem(Around 10 questions), a couple discrete, that's it. Is that a lot? Because I took a few practice tests and thought that we had a lot less Ochem than some of the AAMC tests!
That does not match the distribution of my test, so if what you're saying is true, you had a different test.

My biggest fear is getting a 14-6-14, and I feel like that's going to happen

So the 8/21ers got their scores back--looking at what they're posting, it seems like the distribution seems more normal this time. There were still a couple of people who got significantly below (we're talking 3+ points) their averages though. I didn't really keep up with their thread so I have no idea how difficult their MCAT was per section.

It seemed like their VR was pretty harsh though...I recall a couple of them scoring lower on VR than they ever had with any practice test (better not happen to me...the lowest I ever got on VR was a 9 and that was when I was burned out and half-assing it..)

Thee full passages from what I recall and a few discretes (probably 15 questions or less, but heavier than the practice tests imho).

I am actually not going to look at my score because I took the 9/18 test as well (WAY WAY WAY better) so I am going to wait for that score to come out and just look at them together. Makes the waiting game so much bettta.
:)

I am actually not going to look at my score because I took the 9/18 test as well (WAY WAY WAY better) so I am going to wait for that score to come out and just look at them together. Makes the waiting game so much bettta.

lol wtf?

my anxiety about getting the score is getting to me. i spent like the past day or so trying to decide whether or not I should check my Biochem exam score (I think I'm hyping it up to the point of the MCAT). I legit STARED at the button that opens up my biochem score for the past 4 hours....HOW AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO OPEN MY MCAT SCORE?!?!?

my anxiety about getting the score is getting to me. i spent like the past day or so trying to decide whether or not I should check my Biochem exam score (I think I'm hyping it up to the point of the MCAT). I legit STARED at the button that opens up my biochem score for the past 4 hours....HOW AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO OPEN MY MCAT SCORE?!?!?

Did you take the Sept 6 mcat??? where do we check our biochem trial?

Sorry if someone answered this already but does anyone know the date and time of the release?

I think I'm gonna get back on the horse and start my retake prep tomorrow, but I can't imagine taking the test again before I knew my score.

I wonder how many questions are actually scored from each section? I remember on the LSAT one entire section was not even scored. lol Albeit, this is not exactly a transparent process (the MCAT) but I would imagine there would have to be several questions that just are not included in the overall score.

I wonder how many questions are actually scored from each section? I remember on the LSAT one entire section was not even scored. lol Albeit, this is not exactly a transparent process (the MCAT) but I would imagine there would have to be several questions that just are not included in the overall score.

There may or may not be experimental questions, and they may throw out some questions if they're actually bad. I would imagine there aren't THAT many though...

Please please MCAT gods at least let me hit my average!! The reality that my family, advisors and classmates are also waiting alongside me for my mcat score is just making it worse. Like, if I only had myself to deal with I think I could be okay, but dealing with the humiliation otherwise will be horrible.. X__x

I pretty much don't care anymore. All I know is I'm not taking the 2015 mcat

Reactions: 4 users
I stopped caring after I researched new DO schools that are opening when I apply XD

Reactions: 3 users
F* it all~
F* it all~
I don't give a crap anymooooooooooooooooore!
I don't care if I get a 6-6-6,
Let the next exam date begiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.
The MCAT doesn't bother me anyway.

F* it all~
F* it all~
I don't give a crap anymooooooooooooooooore!
I don't care if I get a 6-6-6,
Let the next exam date begiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.
The MCAT doesn't bother me anyway.

Olaf.gif

~**~Tweedlin' my flute to your tune~**~

Edit: Wow, that came out wrong.

PS - Definitely hit on my weak areas .... 9
VR - Went way better than 8/27 ... 12+
BS - Really hard. The experimental sections were definitely harder to comprehend, but I think I did fine on them - that ochem was absolutely ridiculous though. SO MUCH OCHEM. ... 10

Unfortunately probably one of the worse exams based on content I could have written. Here's hoping one of these two come back a 31+.
You voided your 8/27 score?

I feel like I've been a lost soul for the past few weeks without my score. Is anyone still expecting a good score at this point?

Dude chill. I hear Sam Smith helps.