The Official "Should I Retake" Thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got a 37N...........
14PS, 10V, 13BS

i knew my bull**** is gonna come back and bite me in the ass one day..... i just didn't know it's this bad..........

like, how heavy do the not-so-top school look at your WS?
schools like columbia, vandy, albert?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a 2nd year pharmacy student (PY2) with the intention of applying to medical school May 2018. I would be applying with a pharmD and as of now my GPA is a 3.97. the problem is my MCAT score is a 501. 126 chem/ 126 psych / 124 cars/ 125 biochem. Should I retake it? I am pretty terrible at taking standardized tests and I studied all summer, so I do not see this score improving significantly. Thoughts

I am a 2nd year pharmacy student (PY2) with the intention of applying to medical school May 2018. I would be applying with a pharmD and as of now my GPA is a 3.97. the problem is my MCAT score is a 501. 126 chem/ 126 psych / 124 cars/ 125 biochem. Should I retake it? I am pretty terrible at taking standardized tests and I studied all summer, so I do not see this score improving significantly. Thoughts

The 501 score for medical school is low, 510-512 is needed . with 501 I would think you might have a shot at DO school

131/126/130/131 (518) ... Is my CARS score an issue?

Don't worry at all! You're fine even for the most competitive places.

LizzyM is an adcom at a top school that highly values the MCAT. She said for them they want 3 subsections above 130, and one other section that's no lower than 126.

So you are good to go!

Enjoy the cycle :)

Reactions: 1 user