****The Official SIU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Does everyone that interviewed have the status "Check back on Dec. 2...."? Mine just changed.

Members don't see this ad.

Does everyone that interviewed have the status "Check back on Dec. 2...."? Mine just changed.
No, my status still shows that "I've been selected for an interview" even though I interviewed last week. I wonder what that means..

Mine also changed to check back dec 2nd. I think I interviewed on their dirt or second day of interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's weird because I interviewed last week also. Does anyone else have the interview status still?

Yeah that's weird because I interviewed last week also. Does anyone else have the interview status still?
Mine still says the interview status. I interviewed on the first day. I wonder what this could mean... Now I'm even more gloomy...

Mine still says the interview status. I interviewed on the first day. I wonder what this could mean... Now I'm even more gloomy...

Looks like we're on the same boat. I interviewed the second day and mine still shows "invited for interview" and I thought mine went really smoothly :/

I thought my interview went very well too..

Well I guess this means that they are rejecting those with status changes or it means they are accepting us. I just don't know why they wouldn't reject us earlier if that were the case because there is no rule against rejecting before Dec 2. I also feel like my interview went well. Anyone else care to share their status that has interviewed already?

Yea, i feel like at this point it's pretty much 50/50 now. Good luck to everyone.

Edit: Ive been doing some looking around on the forums, it seems that status change "Check back" = acceptance.

Last edited:
I got a status update saying check back dec 2. I'm a current siue student

I've been doing some reading as well, looks like status change does equal acceptance. I'm hoping for wait list at this point.. Good luck all

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone :) I'll be checking aadsas at 11 pm CT today to see if anything changes. And early congrats to whoever get accepted ^^

Do they update it tonight or in the morning? Or has anyone asked? Good luck to everyone and congrats to those accepted also!

I'm gonna put my money on 7am tomorrow but ill be waiting till 11pm tonight just in case.

I'm gonna put my money on 7am tomorrow but ill be waiting till 11pm tonight just in case.

Likewise, I'll peek in aadsas at 11pm for fun and hope I don't see anything because I don't want to lose sleep tonight :p

Yeah im guessing sometime in the morning also, but I will be up late anyways so I will definitely be checking! Once again, good luck everybody and hopefully we can be classmates!

Looks like nothing for tonight. I'll update with you guys tomorrow if I hear anything :)

Mine still says "Invited for interview" :uhno::uhno:

These are proving to be the longest hours of my life! Haha

These are proving to be the longest hours of my life! Haha

Lol same here man. It's absolutely painful to hear that other schools started accepting people already while we wait here... I'm oscillating between SDN and aadsas hoping to see something but nope

:(

Wow this is surreal!!! Accepted!!!!!

Lol same here man. It's absolutely painful to hear that other schools started accepting people already while we wait here... I'm oscillating between SDN and aadsas hoping to see something but nope

:(

I'm at work right now but can't seem to think about anything else... As long as I don't get a rejection I'll be happy at this point, although that would mean more waiting :(. Good luck!

You guys had the check back message right? Mine still says invited for interview lol oh well...

Anyway congrats on the acceptance guys

Yea my status changed to check back dec 2. Don't a sweat it too much though there will be plenty more acceptances before fall comes around

Last edited:
JT, I wonder if we still have a chance..

JT, I wonder if we still have a chance..

I don't know :shrug: I'd say it's still a little bit early and it looks like they didn't update our aadsas yet, so I'm gonna keep my hopes up.

On a different note, the UIC calls should be coming soon, so hopefully we have better luck on that actually no luck whatsoever...

Last edited:
Good luck, hope you get a call! I didn't get an interview with UIC, but got accepted to Nova. I'm keeping my hopes up for SIU though..

Congrats! Those who are accepted, is it on portal or via phone call or email?

Anybody have their status change from "invited for interview" yet?

Congrats everyone from the incoming class!
I'm a current student there and can't wait to meet everyone

Offer made AADSAS.
Mine had the "check back December 2nd" before today.

Congrats everyone from the incoming class!
I'm a current student there and can't wait to meet everyone

How has your experience been so far, kmcw?

So my status on AADSAS changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Application Complete" dated 12/02.

On the status defined, it displays "SIU/School of Dental Medicine has received your application and your file is complete. The committee is waiting to make a final decision on your file. Once a final decision is made you will be contacted."

So I'm assuming that's a waitlist?

So my status on AADSAS changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Application Complete" dated 12/02.

On the status defined, it displays "SIU/School of Dental Medicine has received your application and your file is complete. The committee is waiting to make a final decision on your file. Once a final decision is made you will be contacted."

I received the same update. Just stay positive! Worst case scenario, we can always try again next year..

I received the same update. Just stay positive! Worst case scenario, we can always try again next year..

I'm trying :), but it doesn't help that this whole mess is falling on my finals week though.

Congrats for your acceptance to Nova :) at this point for me, my chance of becoming a dentist is still 0% :bigtears::bigtears:

Hopefully it all works out for you JT. Good luck on your finals! Gnleff, did you get the same status update on aadsas?

Same thing with me.

Yes, mine changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Application Complete". So sad... Now i have 2 waitlists :(

Let me know when everyone gets their acceptance packet in the mail

Congrats everyone!! Is there a Facebook group?!

I don't think so. Not yet anyways

They tried to deliver my packet today in the mail but I wasn't here and it requires a signature. Going to pick it up in the AM!

PS: If someone makes a facebook group let us know!