***The Official SIU Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess there was no thread for SIU...so here ya go!

Members don't see this ad.

Just my mine also.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
if you guys have any questions about the school, shoot me a message.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, if you guys don't mind, Could you post a few questions they asked you or how you felt the atmosphere was and how the day went? I applied here and am hoping to hear back soon, Thank you!

I just got my interview for October 26th, anyone else?

Did anyone's status change from invited to interview to received/ complete application?
I already interviewed and my status changed?

that happened last year too. It wasn't significant and didnt correlate to anything. However if around late november your application status changes to "check back on Dec 1st for final decision" it usually corresponded to the first wave of acceptances. don't hold me to it though, don't want people getting mad that they weren't accepted because i said it would happen lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'm OOS and haven't heard back yet. For all of you who have interviews, are you all OOS?

For those of you who got interview invite, could you tell me how long it took to get invite since "app complete"?

A little over a month Id say.
So did your status change from under review->app complete-> interview invite? Mine just recently changed to "app complete" on AADSAS and I'm wondering if I can expect to hear back soon. Should have submitted early :bang:

So did your status change from under review->app complete-> interview invite? Mine just recently changed to "app complete" on AADSAS and I'm wondering if I can expect to hear back soon. Should have submitted early :bang:
I believe it went from app complete, to interview, and back to app complete- I think they still are doing interviews, so you definitely got a chance!

I believe it went from app complete, to interview, and back to app complete- I think they still are doing interviews, so you definitely got a chance!
Thanks! I have my first interview at UIC later this week but would love to visit SIU to learn more about their program and compare schools. Less than 30 days till Dec. 1st! Good luck to all of us!

Thanks! I have my first interview at UIC later this week but would love to visit SIU to learn more about their program and compare schools. Less than 30 days till Dec. 1st! Good luck to all of us!
Agreed, good luck!

Whoever has gotten an interview, what was your timeline from the time you submitted to the ti me of interview as well as the changes in status on the adea portal page?

Yes!! Got an interview invite today !!! :):):)

Whoever has gotten an interview, what was your timeline from the time you submitted to the ti me of interview as well as the changes in status on the adea portal page?
I haven't interviewed yet, but I was contacted on 10/21 with two dates; 10/26 and 11/10. I had a interview conflict on 10/26 and opted for the 11/10 date. Full disclosure, I am on active duty (non-traditional student) and an IL resident. I submitted late (first mail out was 10/02), DAT was updated on 10/16 and the second mail out happened that day. As stated I received the interview invitation on 10/21. Here are my stats, since I know you would want to know, oGPA: 3.70; sGPA:3.80; DAT: 22AA,22TS,20BIO,30GC,20OC,19PAT,19RC,19QR. Hope this helps.

Has anyone's status changed? Mine changed from "invited for interview" to "application complete".

Has anyone's status changed? Mine changed from "invited for interview" to "application complete".
Mine did. Is this a bad sign or normal? I read from the past threads that their status usually change to check back on Dec 2nd if they're accepted on the first wave.

Hey guys, any AADSAS status changes out there?

Guys if you read the whole thread, more than one person said their status changed to complete after interviewing. I made that comment about it in October 7.

Guys if you read the whole thread, more than one person said their status changed to complete after interviewing. I made that comment about it in October 7.
I think they update AADSAS immediately after the interview to reflect "Received/Application Complete". I was just asking to see if there were any "Check back on Dec 1" updates out there.

No updates here. Looks like they broke tradition or none of us here on SDN is getting an offer. I would like to think they broke tradition. We will find out for real on Tuesday what this means.

Reactions: 2 users
any updates? i've been eating ice cream to keep myself awake so I can continue this refreshing marathon

I had ice cream too and other foods.
I think they got acceptances in the morning last year so I'm just going to sleep. Hopefully I can wake up to acceptance

SIU just changed to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school".............I know that usually the check back email = acceptance, but it IS Dec. 1, isn't it? LOL:wtf:

Last edited:
SIU just changed to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school".............I know that usually the check back email = acceptance, but it IS Dec. 1, isn't it? LOL:wtf:
Is this change on aadsas portal?

Dang no change for me either. Congrats tho!!

Status
Not open for further replies.