***The Official SIU Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang no change for me either. Congrats tho!!
No congrats yet. I don't know what this means. They definitely broke tradition and sent the "Check by message on Dec 1" Standing by to standby.....

Members don't see this ad.

Offer made via portal!!! Portal (mobile) changed at 0815 EST. The web portal still has the check back message. Check your mobile portal guys!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So sad.. It was my only pre-dec interview and I really wanted to come here.
Oh well at least I'm not rejected yet..
Congratulations who got accepted though !

To the two of you with offers made, what do your last names start with? If you don't mind me asking

Offer made! Last name C :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Offer made early this morning!!!

Yes Illinois resident, I should mention the update on aadsas, and also sent out two emails, one has the official letter attached.

Congrats to those who received offers today! To those who have not yet received an offer, there is still hope. SIU SDM will continue to do more interviews and extend more offers for several more months. If you have any questions regarding the school, feel free to ask. I am happy to help anyone that I can.

SIU SDM Class of 2019

Does SIU send rejections to people who interviewed but not accepted? Or they are automatically waitlisted?
I really want to go to SIU.. :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Does SIU send rejections to people who interviewed but not accepted? Or they are automatically waitlisted?
I really want to go to SIU.. :( :(
I don't believe they send actual rejections. The class shifts significantly from what was accepted today vs what will actually begin in August. I know for a fact that they were still accepting people late into the spring last year, so they keep the option open for those who have already interviewed.

I don't believe they send actual rejections. The class shifts significantly from what was accepted today vs what will actually begin in August. I know for a fact that they were still accepting people late into the spring last year, so they keep the option open for those who have already interviewed.
I just sent you PM. Could you please check when you have time? Thanks !

likewise if anyone has questions about the program, feel free to pm me. congrats guys, hope to see you in the fall.

Does anyone know how often acceptances go out or is it just whenever over the course of the next couple months?

We need a Facebook page :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how often acceptances go out or is it just whenever over the course of the next couple months?
The only formal acceptance date is the one that has already past. From this point forward acceptances will go out as needed. There may be times where several go out at the same time, but for the most part it will be individually.

So is there a Facebook page yet?

I have been accepted for class of 2020 as of december 1st! I am also the pre-dental club president at SIUe. If you are wanting to go to SIU please PM me! I have tried to start a facebook group of the people planning on attending. Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from SIU since December 1st?

Where can you buy siu sdm apparel like sweats and tshirts?

Where can you buy siu sdm apparel like sweats and tshirts?

they sell some during open house like monogrammed scrubs but most of the apparel sales come during white coat ceremony and a couple other times you can place orders. Not sure if amazon or anything carries them

Does anyone know if the class is full? If they are still interviewing for alternate spots? I have read in previous threads a couple people got Interviews in April. Seems kinda late but maybe there is hope

Is it just me, or is the thread for SIU really quiet? I'm anticipating a rejection from here since I haven't received any sort of communication from SIU. Is it safe to say that all interviews are waaayy over?

Is it just me, or is the thread for SIU really quiet? I'm anticipating a rejection from here since I haven't received any sort of communication from SIU. Is it safe to say that all interviews are waaayy over?
I feel the exact same way! Why is it so quiet. This is the only school that I have heard nothing from except when I called them.. maybe that's why the thread is so quiet. No one is posting because no one knows anything. Lol. When I called two weeks ago they said they are "still interviewing and haven't filled the class yet" what the heck? Maybe they were interviewing for wait list spots? Idk. I would really like to know! Lol

I just spoke with admissions and the woman helping me said that it's very late in the cycle and that they are wrapping things up. She said that if you have not heard anything by now, that it is very unlikely you will be interviewed or accepted at this point. Rejection letters will be going out around May 1st, but most likely closer to June 1st. Hope this helps clear things up!

I just spoke with admissions and the woman helping me said that it's very late in the cycle and that they are wrapping things up. She said that if you have not heard anything by now, that it is very unlikely you will be interviewed or accepted at this point. Rejection letters will be going out around May 1st, but most likely closer to June 1st. Hope this helps clear things up!
Thanks!

Does anybody know what the tuition, fees, etc. will be for 2016-2017? The chart on the website is for 2013-2014. Oh, and about how much should I expect apartment rent to be per month if I attended there?

Last edited:
Does anybody know what the tuition, fees, etc. will be for 2016-2017? The chart on the website is for 2013-2014. Oh, and about how much should I expect apartment rent to be per month if I attended there?

When you get accepted they send out a budget with everything included. Tuition, fees and dental kit is estimated to be around 42,566.30. Apartment rent normally runs around $350-$550 per month, depending on what you are looking for.

When you get accepted they send out a budget with everything included. Tuition, fees and dental kit is estimated to be around 42,566.30. Apartment rent normally runs around $350-$550 per month, depending on what you are looking for.
Thank you!

Do you happen to have estimates for all 4 years because I know fees and instruments etc vary from year to year.

is class mandatory at SIU? are the lasses recorded or are there scribes for each class>

Looking to go to SIU SDM in the future..can someone PM me with some info on where most students live? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.