** The Official Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Class of 2017**

Nothing! Hoping February brings good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

Just found out I was accepted to Stony Brook by Dr. Finch. I'm very excited!

anyone got rejected from Stonybrook? It seems to me like they have an unannounced waitlist because today is the 2nd deadline (Jan 4th +1month)

anyone got rejected from Stonybrook? It seems to me like they have an unannounced waitlist because today is the 2nd deadline (Jan 4th +1month)

I interviewed Dec. the 10th. I was calling about once a week asking about statuses. Last week I was told that there were still seats, they were still interviewing and no one was rejected/waitlisted. Hope this helps.

Congrats to those accepted!!! Still waiting to hear back, I would love to get that phone call!

David and Hermey, do you know for certain if you will be attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted!!! Still waiting to hear back, I would love to get that phone call!

David and Hermey, do you know for certain if you will be attending?

Yes I will be attending. Stony Brook is my top choice.

Hey everybody! I'm wondering if anyone is still getting calls for interviews??

It looks like more people joined the facebook group... i guess they gave out some offers recently

for what it is worth, I noticed someone from my interview group got in (interviewed mid Jan) after checking the facebook page.That person was pretty impressive b/c he got into columbia.

me 3. At least last year by this time they sent out waitlist emails...

when do you plan on looking for housing / signing a lease in buffalo? I mean after we sign a lease its gonna be a real bitch slap to the face if we get a sb acceptance

Soon. I interviewed 12/7, and plenty of people have interviewed after me and have received acceptances. Idk I just feel like its not going to happen.

just called the school. she told me that they are still interviewing. i'd say that if anyone gets in now it would be from these interview groups.

i just got waitlisted today. Did anyone else receive any news from stonY?

I was accepted on the 10th and I have to make my decision by tomorrow. I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me and there will be more movement soon.

+1 do you know what you are deciding yet?

Such a hard decision but I just gave up my seat. Best of luck everyone :)

For those who got accepted/wait listed can you please post your stats? - Thank you in advanced

Yup, I'm also in-state. They said that they interview far fewer people than most schools since there's only 40 spots so it's an honor to get Patricia Berry's phone call! It's competitive - they only extend 42 acceptances on Dec 3rd with the expectation that very few will decline.

No supplemental besides some paperwork regarding in-state/OOS status and a survey. Good luck!
Hi, Im in college right now, hoping to go to dental school, I just wanted to know when you guys took the major science requirements (what year in college), I just want to know how I should plan the rest of my years. Also, what do you guys recommend I do in my summers. Is it bad if I take summer classes only? Thank you.