***The Official Stonybrook Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

dentovermed

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone! Feel free to post about information on interviewing, or any updates for Stonybrook dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear from Stonybrook yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am, but so far nothing happens.

Reactions: 1 user
This is my alma mater. But I don't have a committee letter yet because the pre health office takes 2 effing months to process and finalize everything!

I want to know if theyll accept the committee packet AFTER my aadsas is sent by mail? no one picks up the phone either.

This is my alma mater. But I don't have a committee letter yet because the pre health office takes 2 effing months to process and finalize everything!

I want to know if theyll accept the committee packet AFTER my aadsas is sent by mail? no one picks up the phone either.
Ya they will. Im pretty sure all schools do.

Send your letters separately. Waiting two months for the committee puts you behind if the rest of your app is complete!

Send your letters separately. Waiting two months for the committee puts you behind if the rest of your app is complete!

I already submitted individual letters via AADSAS. SBU requires a committee packet if your undergrad offers one. I dont think theyll review my app without one.

I already submitted individual letters via AADSAS. SBU requires a committee packet if your undergrad offers one. I dont think theyll review my app without one.
I had a committee. I didn't submit the letter. I got in. Haha

Yes I graduated stony last year. ugh
Eh then maybe they'd care unless the other poster WAS from stony as well. I say they'd care because obviously they know about the committee and they'll probably wonder why, not to mention your committee might have someone from the dental school on it. I don't know if they won't accept you because of it though...

Members don't see this ad :)
Received email that app is under review

Going to take a tour of Stonybrook on Friday. So excited. Hope I hear from this school soon :) good luck guys

does anyone know if they update the school decision part on the aadsas? I haven't heard anything at all except my payment confirmation email they're not even showing up on the school decision page. almost all school sent me an email confirming they received my application.

my good friend's dentist teaches there. I'll report back after Friday to fill in

Was there today and saw that it was orientation for class of 2019, hopefully next week they'll get to us

Just got back from my tour of Stonybrook Dental school. I'm all giddy now. It was awesome guys. Every person I spoke with was super friendly. The students seemed really supportive, and it was nice to see all the D2s hanging out together and playing pingpong in the lounge while waiting for class to begin, while the D4s were at work in the clinic. Really put things into perspective. If you guys have any questions about the school feel free to ask :D

They do not offer tours to the public luckily I have some connection there but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Or if you drop by they are very nice and might help you out

Search for a contact for asda at stony and find out when their impressions day is! Tour + talk with current students + meet faculty....

If anyone has any questions about this school or admissions.. Pm me!

Very excited to be interviewing here. The email they sent out said to bring in an automobile registration... what if I don't own a car?

Very excited to be interviewing here. The email they sent out said to bring in an automobile registration... what if I don't own a car?
Then it doesn't matter. It's just for the parking permit, it's not a big deal.

Then it doesn't matter. It's just for the parking permit, it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the info!

I had my interview at Stonybrook. Lovely school, amazing faculty and students, and a low pressure interview.

I'm really hoping Stony Brook likes their alumni and sends me favorable news in the coming weeks.

*fingers crossed*

does anyone know how many invites they give out to OOS? The Guide said last year they accepted 3 oos only..

Interview invite, sweet.

does anyone know how many invites they give out to OOS? The Guide said last year they accepted 3 oos only..

No idea, I doubt many people know either but I'm sure if you get an invite you have a great chance of an acceptance.

Thanks for the info!

I had my interview at Stonybrook. Lovely school, amazing faculty and students, and a low pressure interview.

Was it just one interview? I've read in the past people have had multiple ones?

Was it just one interview? I've read in the past people have had multiple ones?

It was three short (~15/20 min) interviews. One with a D4, followed by two with faculty members.

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know the purpose of bringing your automobile registration? And also, is anyone driving from Bronx to SB for the interview on October 19th? If so, may I share the ride? I will compensate for your time and gas.

sooo anyone interviewing monday and already in the area? I am hanging around long island for the weekend.

Has anyone heard anything recently? I got the app complete e-mail on 10/7 so I guess I still have some waiting time left. So impatient though!!! :arghh:

INTERVIEW INVITE!!!

How long is the interview? What does it include? Email invite didn't specify (need to know for traveling purposes before I schedule)

2 faculty, 1 student interviews. We were out by 2 i think. so far my favorite interview because you get to spend time in the clinicu with d3 and d4 students