****The Official Temple University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

I've heard 100ish applicants (who interviewed before 12/1) have already deposited

Wait until after the deadline for the 2nd deposit on April 1st. Not all applicants who made the 1st deposit commit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invite few days ago but unfortunately will be declining.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite few days ago but unfortunately will be declining.

Hey there, I was just curious what your stats are? My stats are below, seeing if I still have a chance at an interview

Hey there, I was just curious what your stats are? My stats are below, seeing if I still have a chance at an interview

On +/- scale my stats are sGPA 3.96/cGPA 3.89.. 22s on DAT. However Im a Canadian applicant..so that might play a huge factor in their decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I had an interview scheduled for this coming Monday which I decided to cancel last week because I've accepted an offer at another school closer to home. I sent the admissions office an email informing them of my decision to cancel, but I never received a response and my AADSAS status has not been changed to a withdrawal. What email address have you guys been using for successful communication with the school? I'm sorry that my slot wasn't given to another applicant for this round of interviews :(

To any Arrested Development fans: this is why you always call

Attachments

• arrested-development-always-leave-note-stakes-and-value.png
    arrested-development-always-leave-note-stakes-and-value.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview offer this week. Do I still have a real chance to get in? They wouldn't hold interviews if they were full up would they?

I just got an interview offer this week. Do I still have a real chance to get in? They wouldn't hold interviews if they were full up would they?
If you can afford another trip I would go to the interview. Like someone else said previously, not everyone that put down the deposit commit! Good luck

Ohh wow I'm surprised they're still doing interviews —but best of luck to you buddy

Many schools are interviewing into March and April - good luck!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and also those still receiving interview invites!! I have an interview next week and wanted to ask about the interview video. I saw from some other students you have one question thats similar and then one random / fun question. For the first question they ask, does anyone know what this question is?? Is it just to summarize your personal statement?? Or is why you want to be a dentist?? Just want to prepare as much as I can. Thanks for all the help in advance!
They just basically ask you to talk a Little about yourself and why you want to be a dentist and then you pick up a card that has a random question but it's something fun and nothing to do with dentistry. Just relax and be yourself and don't over think it! Good luck!

Any Jan interviewees have changed status to Received/Application Complete?

if i interviewed in november and still haven't heard anything back, should i basically just give up hope...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can afford another trip I would go to the interview. Like someone else said previously, not everyone that put down the deposit commit! Good luck

Yeah, I will be attending an interview with them but am not trying to get my hopes up. Thanks for the input!

Any Jan interviewees have changed status to Received/Application Complete?

Mine also changed the day after my interview from "Invited for Interview" back to "Received/Application Complete"
Invited for Interview looks much cooler but oh well

has anyone been notified of being waitlisted or rejected yet that interviewed pre-december? I havent heard anything from them since my interview in november

has anyone been notified of being waitlisted or rejected yet that interviewed pre-december? I havent heard anything from them since my interview in november
I was waitlisted early January - interviewed in Oct.

Any new acceptances? Does anyone know when the next batch of acceptances will be announced?

Hi guys - I was accepted to Temple and they sent me a note indicating that I was potentially eligible for a $100k scholarship based on my history of federal aid at the undergrad level. (I had both Pell and SEOG during my undergrad.) It required a 1-page essay, which I submitted, but the Temple staff member who took the essay wasn't able to tell me details on when the scholarship recipient will be decided, or how many people are in the running for it.

Does anyone know about this, or know someone who got it in years past? I am curious how hopeful to be for it...

Hi guys - I was accepted to Temple and they sent me a note indicating that I was potentially eligible for a $100k scholarship based on my history of federal aid at the undergrad level. (I had both Pell and SEOG during my undergrad.) It required a 1-page essay, which I submitted, but the Temple staff member who took the essay wasn't able to tell me details on when the scholarship recipient will be decided, or how many people are in the running for it.

Does anyone know about this, or know someone who got it in years past? I am curious how hopeful to be for it...

When were you accepted?

Has anyone else heard anything?

Congratulations! Are you going to attend? I interviewed on 1/26 I really hope I heard back from them!

I interviewed on 1/26 as well. It's my top choice. Getting really nervous!

I interviewed on 1/26 as well. It's my top choice. Getting really nervous!

OH hey I remember you! Yea I'm getting nervous too. Hopefully we both hear back soon! Just hang in there.

I interviewed in October and was wait listed ...has anyone on WL heard anything yet?

Hmmmm... when I talked to Brian this week he made it seem like they hadn't made one yet. I guess I misinterpreted. Thanks!
I received an email and the portal was updated with that status back in Jan. Were you able to reach Brian on the phone? Every time I call I get a voice mail and feel stupid leaving a MSG because he didn't respond in the past when I left a MSG. Did he say anything else about when additional acceptances would go out?

I received an email and the portal was updated with that status back in Jan. Were you able to reach Brian on the phone? Every time I call I get a voice mail and feel stupid leaving a MSG because he didn't respond in the past when I left a MSG. Did he say anything else about when additional acceptances would go out?
Just email him. He won't respond but at least he'll get it and know your interested.

Brian is the worst (out of all schools) when it comes to returning emails/phone calls. He was bad as a coordinator and now even worse as assistant dean (which is another bogus issue not meant for any public forum). As crazy as it sounds, I'd show up to his office to show him "how committed to Temple Dental" you are. (It works). GL.

Brian is the worst (out of all schools) when it comes to returning emails/phone calls. He was bad as a coordinator and now even worse as assistant dean (which is another bogus issue not meant for any public forum). As crazy as it sounds, I'd show up to his office to show him "how committed to Temple Dental" you are. (It works). GL.
It's kind of crazy that they expect you to show up in person to show your commitment level. I currently go to school 8 hours away- that is the craziest thing I've ever heard that the only way to get an answer is to camp out on the doorstep there!

I talked to him in person and no it wasn't camping his doorstep. I was there for a later than norm interview. He said that hopefully he will be able to let me know around the first of April give or take a week.

Hmmmm... when I talked to Brian this week he made it seem like they hadn't made one yet. I guess I misinterpreted. Thanks!
I interviewed back in November and have yet to be notified of a rejection/waitlist or acceptance...

I talked to him in person and no it wasn't camping his doorstep. I was there for a later than norm interview. He said that hopefully he will be able to let me know around the first of April give or take a week.
Hi was not implying that you showed up in person ....I had read that 2 other people did that recently and got accepted after that, was just saying if that is really what he's looking for people to do than I'm not sure how those of us out of the area can really do that.

I have to disagree with this. Brian is really good at what he does. Thousands of people apply to Temple each year. Can you imagine the amount of phone traffic or emails Brian gets daily asking him for a status update or interview.

I stopped by his office and talked to him for 45 minutes back in mid December, he was extremely helpful and gave so much advice. He seemed like he cared and not a type of guy that would brush you off.

I interviewed in November and waiting for an update also. My application is still stuck at Application Complete :( . Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

I have to disagree with this. Brian is really good at what he does. Thousands of people apply to Temple each year. Can you imagine the amount of phone traffic or emails Brian gets daily asking him for a status update or interview.

I stopped by his office and talked to him for 45 minutes back in mid December, he was extremely helpful and gave so much advice. He seemed like he cared and not a type of guy that would brush you off.

I interviewed in November and waiting for an update also. My application is still stuck at Application Complete :( . Hopefully good things come to those who wait.
I agree with you, I think he is a really nice guy who I am sure is working hard to pick the right people for the class and I can appreciate the difficulty in that process, I know that someone else had the negative comments, I was just feeling frustrated hearing that people seemed to be getting accepted by showing up in person and wish that I had the opportunity to be able to do that too but attend school very far away and won't be back in Philly until Easter Break.

[QUOTI="more_golf, post: 16203742, member: 666551"]Brian is the worst (out of all schools) when it comes to returning emails/phone calls. He was bad as a coordinator and now even worse as assistant dean (which is another bogus issue not meant for any public forum). As crazy as it sounds, I'd show up to his office to show him "how committed to Temple Dental" you are. (It works). GL.[/QUOTE]
Dude I just wanted to disagree with you. I honestly found Mr. Brian as a very friendly person who is doing his best to ease the process on us, the interviewees. If you ever had the chance to get interviewed at UF, you would have known how blessed you are to even meet up with him. I am very stressed because I had an interview on 1/14 and I am still waiting for their decision. I did pretty well on my college but only practiced for three days and that negatively impacted me. I applied having about 3.64 sGPA and a 3.59 cumulative yet I had 18 on the DAT which was the main reason I am having a hard time. See I wanna be given a chance to prove myself and to prove my passion for dentistry. After getting wait listed in my second option UF, I hoping for an acceptance from Temple which is my Top school. Please don't be unfair to judge other people as you might not know how hard the process is for everyone, the committee and us!

Dude I just wanted to disagree with you. I honestly found Mr. Brian as a very friendly person who is doing his best to ease the process on us, the interviewees. If you ever had the chance to get interviewed at UF, you would have known how blessed you are to even meet up with him. I am very stressed because I had an interview on 1/14 and I am still waiting for their decision. I did pretty well on my college but only practiced for three days and that negatively impacted me. I applied having about 3.64 sGPA and a 3.59 cumulative yet I had 18 on the DAT which was the main reason I am having a hard time. See I wanna be given a chance to prove myself and to prove my passion for dentistry. After getting wait listed in my second option UF, I am hoping for an acceptance from Temple which is my Top school. Please don't be unfair judging other people as you might not know how hard the process is for everyone, the committee and us!

Last edited:
Hi was not implying that you showed up in person ....I had read that 2 other people did that recently and got accepted after that, was just saying if that is really what he's looking for people to do than I'm not sure how those of us out of the area can really do that.
My bad I didn't mean that to sound confrontational. I meant to put a 'lol' in there.

I also agree that Brian does a really good job even if he hasn't responded to my email ;p