****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Got my invite yesterday. Where are OOS people planning on staying? Any cheap hotels walking distance from the school?

Try Airbnb, maybe?

Members don't see this ad.

A few questions for anyone who knows the area well:
1. How is the neighborhood around the dental school? I'm staying about 3 blocks from campus and walking. Just wondering if there are times or places that I should avoid.
2. I was thinking of just using public transit to get to that area... is that a good idea?
3. Anyone else interviewing on November 19th?

Members don't see this ad :)
What interview dates are available?

There were a bunch available for November. I don't remember them all, but I do remember the following...

Nov. 3
Nov. 10
Nov. 12
Nov. 17
Nov. 18
Nov. 19

A few questions for anyone who knows the area well:
1. How is the neighborhood around the dental school? I'm staying about 3 blocks from campus and walking. Just wondering if there are times or places that I should avoid.
2. I was thinking of just using public transit to get to that area... is that a good idea?
3. Anyone else interviewing on November 19th?

It's not a great neighborhood, but you should be alright in the morning/day if you look alert and walk like you know where you're going. Definitely don't go out after dark. Actually, just don't wander around the area. There's not much there to see besides the school anyway.

I mailed my supp fee on september 14th, status is "received/under review", and no word from them so far... Should I call them?

I mailed my supp fee on september 14th, status is "received/under review", and no word from them so far... Should I call them?

No. I sent in my supplemental fee in early August and I just got called. Unless you want to!

Did you guys get actual phone calls for your interview invites or did they email you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been under review since 9/28, do you guys think I should email/call for a status update? I'm going insane. :bang:

What exactly is the video interview like??

Reactions: 1 users
For those who are invited for interviews, did your status in aadsas change from "under review" to something else before invited? And if so, what to?

For those who are invited for interviews, did your status in aadsas change from "under review" to something else before invited? And if so, what to?

This was the progression.
Under Review -----> Invited for Interview (When I received an interview invite) ------> Received/Application Complete (Once Interview was completed)

Yes, all must be done in 5 minutes. (at least that's what I was given last year) So a max of 4 to talk about yourself, but that could be cutting it close.

For anyone that's already attended the interview, do we have to print all the forms they emailed us? Or just confidentiality agreement and photo consent? I was hoping they'd provide the other forms for us during the actual interview.

You just need to print out the confidentiality agreement and photo consent forms. You don't need to print anything else out, most of it is provided during the presentation.

Reactions: 1 user
Why doesn't anyone ever answer the phone when you call them...

Hi guys, for those who have interviewed, what the the manual dexterity exercise like? What did they make you do?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

Hi guys, for those who have interviewed, what the the manual dexterity exercise like? What did they make you do?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

It was really easy. You just have to put little metal pegs into some holes. They have a notch on one side so you have to arrange it to fit the hole. Takes about a minute or less to do them all. It was really easy though and nothing to worry about. The whole interview process there is real laid back too.

It was really easy. You just have to put little metal pegs into some holes. They have a notch on one side so you have to arrange it to fit the hole. Takes about a minute or less to do them all. It was really easy though and nothing to worry about. The whole interview process there is real laid back too.
Thanks for the response. One more question, what was the writing sample like and what types of questions do they ask you?

yeah, if we could stop giving out exact answers for what people will be expected to do at interviews that would be grrrrrrrreat

Reactions: 2 users
yeah, if we could stop giving out exact answers for what people will be expected to do at interviews that would be grrrrrrrreat

If telling someone they have to put pegs in a board is going to give them an advantage over me then I really don't deserve that spot in the first place.

g1337028476426334739.jpg

By the way the writing sample was: Describe your personality.

If telling someone they have to put pegs in a board is going to give them an advantage over me then I really don't deserve that spot in the first place.

I mean giving out the content of the writing sample... lame move

Has anybody received a status change? I know in previous years people have gotten the "Check back Dec 1" around this time.

Has anybody received a status change? I know in previous years people have gotten the "Check back Dec 1" around this time.
im still waiting on an interview lol its weird i got two early interviews but other schools have been quite no status updates since August from all the schools.
Anyone know if schools tend to wait for masters grades from the first semester before invites?

I had my interview last week, and my current status is ""Received/Complete"

Also, can anyone tell me if they provide the same papers for you at the interview that you received in the email? Like the housing, financial aid info, etc. I am at home and don't want to use all of my parents' ink in the printer, so if I could avoid printing 30 pages that would be great haha if not it's not big deal.

Also, can anyone tell me if they provide the same papers for you at the interview that you received in the email? Like the housing, financial aid info, etc. I am at home and don't want to use all of my parents' ink in the printer, so if I could avoid printing 30 pages that would be great haha if not it's not big deal.
You only need to print out the two forms, the photo consent form and the other one you have to sign. Make sure you bring these two forms. You dont need to bring anything else.

You only need to print out the two forms, the photo consent form and the other one you have to sign. Make sure you bring these two forms. You dont need to bring anything else.
Great thank you. I had those printed out, but I just wanted to make sure!

Anxiety is through the roof.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah....That's why we all stayed up lol. Looks like I'll be passing out and checking email in the AM

Hahahahah, imagine, just as the person was about to hit the send button, they fall asleep and don't realize till the morning. :bang:

Reactions: 1 users