The official Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

predent6811

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To keep everyone from guessing please answer these questions if you get an interview
In State/ Out of State
Date application submitted (actually received by Baylor)
Date you were notified for interview
**Stats if you would like**

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone that has gotten an interview needed to reschedule? I received my invite today but I can't make their time! The lady told me that I would have to go through the process again because they would have to look at my application all over again and fit me for another time and it's not guaranteed a second interview............which I think is absurd.

Anyone that has gotten an interview needed to reschedule? I received my invite today but I can't make their time! The lady told me that I would have to go through the process again because they would have to look at my application all over again and fit me for another time and it's not guaranteed a second interview............which I think is absurd.

You should post on here! Has more activity. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/tmdsas-2016.1134412/page-4#post-16826746

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview # 1!!
School: TAMU Baylor
Notification date: 9/01/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 6/25/15
Mail-out date: 7/16/15
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.57, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17): 22, 22, 21, 20, none

Reactions: 1 user
Interview 1
School: TAMU Baylor
Notification date: 9/08/15
Method of notification: Email
Application complete date: 7/10
Mail-out date: 8/5

Anyone know when Baylor begins to hand out OOS Interviews? Impatiently waiting... :-/

Anyone know when Baylor begins to hand out OOS Interviews? Impatiently waiting... :-/
I just got my interview today scheduled for Nov 18th . I am also oos

Louisiana
Mailed out Aug28
Notified October 6

Last edited:
Stay strong my friends !!

School: Baylor
Notification date: 10/13/15
Interview date: 11/11/15
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

From what I understand they handed the last of those out in the middle of October.

Can any current students comment on where to live? Cost of living?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students comment on where to live? Cost of living?
im not a student but i live in dallas. i would suggest uptown, oak lawn, knox/henderson, lower greenville/mstreets, deep ellum, lakewood, white rock lake. maybe oak cliff/bishop arts. all these areas are 15-20 min from the school. for a one bedroom expect $850+.

Acceptance#1
School: TAMU... Baylor!
Notification date: 12/1/15
Method of notification: E-mail@ 12:19am from Dr. Miller!
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 10/16/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Only Advance got accepted? I'm still waiting. Any hope?

For those accepting baylor, how are you sending a formal letter of acceptance?

I've been thinking about that.

Maybe something like this.

"Dear Baylor

I accept.

Advance"

Reactions: 3 users
No, way to rub it in

I'm jk, I'm just a little jealous :laugh: Congrats! Stats aren't everything i guess

Lol why?

I'm counting on financial aid. At least they don't care about my race or stats :p
Well it's just a funny question. Not that it bugs me or anything. Maybe they just assume i'm broke. Which would make them 100% correct!

For those of you that had there interview here already? How was it? Types of questions? I have my interview this Wednesday, and starting to get a little nervous! It would be great to hear everyone's helpful tips!

For those of you that had there interview here already? How was it? Types of questions? I have my interview this Wednesday, and starting to get a little nervous! It would be great to hear everyone's helpful tips!
The interview isn't like SA or Houston. You interview with 3 different people individually and each interview lasts approximately 12 minutes each. The questions were pretty typical. Just be prepared to talk about any weak areas on your application because they will ask. Good luck! :thumbup:

The interview isn't like SA or Houston. You interview with 3 different people individually and each interview lasts approximately 12 minutes each. The questions were pretty typical. Just be prepared to talk about any weak areas on your application because they will ask. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the advice!! Does anyone else have an interview this coming Wednesday?

Rejection #3 :(
School: Baylor
Notification date: 12/9/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

This was my top choice so this sucks...but I was OOS so I knew I didn't have a good chance :(

Hey so I just emailed Ms. Pledger to update my file and and got an automatic message saying that she will be out of the office until the end of January. Has anyone had any luck contacting someone from admissions?

Hey so I just emailed Ms. Pledger to update my file and and got an automatic message saying that she will be out of the office until the end of January. Has anyone had any luck contacting someone from admissions?
I contacted her last week and also got the automated email, but she emailed me back 30 mins later anyway.

Just got an email back as well!

Random question, but does anyone know what time classes start?

Does anyone know when they plan on sending out the second round of acceptances?

you get 30 days to accept or decline. i would assume after jan 1st they will have a better idea of how many seats they have open.

I emailed and was told that they will be sending out acceptance at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb.

I wonder how many acceptance they'll send for the second round. Now we have to wait for another month!!

Has anyone received additional information after the deposit was paid?

Just an email about completing some online paperwork.

Got my acceptance :love::banana::banana:!!
I'm an out of state applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you just recieve the email?
Yea like around 5 pm today :)

I emailed Ms. Pledger last week (1/8) and she said, "Our deadline for the first round of offers is not until next week. After that we will determine if we have any open positions for non-Texas residents and will send out offers hopefully by the end of January. "

Hope that helps!