2018 The Official Thread : Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Official Thread for Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine for the entering class of 2014 / DMD Class of 2018.
Information for competitive applicants
Website for Dental school admissions
Email [email protected] strongly preferred (please include your AADSAS ID#)

Any immediate "breaking news" will be sent from our Facebook and Twitter feeds.

Presentation: Preparing to Apply
Webchat: Countdown to AADSAS 2014
Online Mock Interview Masterclasses (closed)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Entering Class of 2014 (DMD 2018)

Pay supplemental fee after you submit AADSAS 2014 application.

First day of interviews: Monday, August 12, 2013

First round of offers: Monday, December 2, 2013
Please review Webchat Countdown to AADSAS 2014 for offer issuing dates (all pending and subject to change).

Application deadline: January 1, 2014

Freshman orientation: August 4-8, 2014

Last edited:
I'm so excited to apply to this school! Got everything turned in already. If I'm lucky enough to get an interview, I hope adcoms remember me. I was in the web chat recording afterall :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the last day to sign up for the online mock interview masterclasses. I'm a bit disappointed that only 32 people have requested participation. I would have thought more people would be interested.

I am so excited to apply for CASE, hope I'll get an interview.
I e-submitted my app 6/15 after 5 hours from submitting my supplemental, hope it won't be problematic.

I just came across this while doing some research and was wondering if there was anyway that I could still sign up for the mock interviews? Thanks

I just came across this while doing some research and was wondering if there was anyway that I could still sign up for the mock interviews? Thanks

Sorry, we have closed the opportunity to participate, and based on the responses we have received, we do not anticipate scheduling new opportunities until next application cycle.

I am also applying to Case Western Dental school. I'd be so excited to get an interview and meet students there :).....

Best of luck

Competitive prospective students interested in Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine are invited to attend some of our Alumni Association's upcoming networking events. If you are interested in attending, send an email identifying yourself as a prospective applicant to dentalalumni at case dot edu for the appropriate event that is convenient to you.

July 27, 2013
Reception at the National Dental Association
Annual Conference
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

September 20, 2013
Reception at the Ohio Dental Association
Annual Session
Hyatt Regency
350 North High Street
Columbus, OH
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

November 2, 2013
Reception at the American Dental Association
Annual Session
Marriott New Orleans at the Convention Center
859 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans, LA
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Other events are posted at http://dental.case.edu/alumni/events .

Hello, I just paid my application fee online, do I need to check with Case to be sure they have properly documented my transaction?

Got everything in and can't wait to receive an interview from this school. :love: How often does the mailing goes out? Like once a month? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got everything in and can't wait to receive an interview from this school. :love: How often does the mailing goes out? Like once a month? Just curious.

Previously, it was every Friday. I assume it will be the same this cycle.

Number 1 choice. If i got a confirmation email from Case today, am I included in ine of those 450+ applicants in mail#1?

Number 1 choice. If i got a confirmation email from Case today, am I included in ine of those 450+ applicants in mail#1?
I got the same thing here today. Wondering the same thing as well lol.

Thanks dr. Chuck,
When will you start to send out 1st batch interview invitations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got the same thing here today. Wondering the same thing as well lol.

I have a couple of secretaries doing a lot of things, including checking to be sure your application is complete. I'm guessing yes (since I'm on the road for a recruitment fair in North Carolina). I will note that not every one of those applications is complete, including many who have not paid their supplemental fee.

Last edited:
Dr. Chuck, are schools still receiving physical applications from AADSAS, or is it all online? I'm just curious as to how this works, as it seems that AADSAS representatives are giving SDNers conflicting information on this. Thanks!

Applying to Case Western this year. Not going to lie: One of the things that's attracting me to this school is how active Dr. Chuck was on last year's thread. Really hope to be able to meet him in person at the interview. Good luck, everyone!

Applying to Case Western this year. Not going to lie: One of the things that's attracting me to this school is how active Dr. Chuck was on last year's thread. Really hope to be able to meet him in person at the interview. Good luck, everyone!

Agreed! Dr. Chuck makes me want to come here lol.

+1

I really feel like students learn better when the faculty members of a school are respectful, kind and helpful.

Dr. Chuck, are schools still receiving physical applications from AADSAS, or is it all online? I'm just curious as to how this works, as it seems that AADSAS representatives are giving SDNers conflicting information on this. Thanks!

What type of conflicting information are they saying? Our school is opting for online delivery, but it still takes time for us to run through our checklists.

What type of conflicting information are they saying? Our school is opting for online delivery, but it still takes time for us to run through our checklists.

Thank you! It seems that some reps tell applicants that they DO send out physical copies to schools, whereas other reps say it is all electronic. It seems like schools might have a choice as to what they request. If it's all online, it also sort of makes the whole "mailing date" frenzy obsolete because nothing is actually mailed! :) Thanks again for the clarification!

Thank you! It seems that some reps tell applicants that they DO send out physical copies to schools, whereas other reps say it is all electronic. It seems like schools might have a choice as to what they request. If it's all online, it also sort of makes the whole "mailing date" frenzy obsolete because nothing is actually mailed! :) Thanks again for the clarification!

This year we have a choice regarding how we want our applications delivered to us. In the future it will likely go exclusively electronic, but each school has to develop its own processes to locally evaluate each application we receive. So even when it comes to "electronic" delivery, there may be school-specific differences.

Dr. Chuck, if I took the DAT and it hasn't been received by AADSAS do you recommend to send the unofficial DAT report by fax before CWRU receives the official scores? Thanks!!

I have been having a lot of problems trying to view the Webchat: Countdown to AADSAS 2014 video. I've tried the video on several different browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.) The video does not match the audio, and the audio/video timing is different every time I try to view it again. I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar problem or knows of a solution to fix it.

I have been having a lot of problems trying to view the Webchat: Countdown to AADSAS 2014 video. I've tried the video on several different browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.) The video does not match the audio, and the audio/video timing is different every time I try to view it again. I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar problem or knows of a solution to fix it.

I think your problem may be Adobe Flash Player and I'm not sure specifically how to fix it. If worse comes to worse, just listen to the conversation if the asynchronous video/audio becomes too distracting.

We do encourage this. If you can scan the transcript and attach it, that will help.

So you want another copy of our transcript again? attached to our unofficial DAT?

So you want another copy of our transcript again? attached to our unofficial DAT?

I think he means the unofficial score report as a transcript.

Have you at case began reviewing applications for interviews already? If so, is it going to affect the possibility of an early interview invite if you receive a students unofficial DAT scores via fax today? I did much better on the DAT, but my scores haven't updated yet and I'd hate to miss being looked at until a later date and missing an opportunitiy to attend Case.
Thanks again

Have you at case began reviewing applications for interviews already? If so, is it going to affect the possibility of an early interview invite if you receive a students unofficial DAT scores via fax today? I did much better on the DAT, but my scores haven't updated yet and I'd hate to miss being looked at until a later date and missing an opportunitiy to attend Case.
Thanks again

We are reviewing mailed and completed applications. While you probably won't need to fax your scores to us today, you should probably do it soon. That said, you don't necessarily need to worry if you don't get included in our first set of invitations that we're sending out in about 2 weeks. As long as you let us know when your file is updated, that's all we ask of you. (See that presentation on Advice for Competitive Applicants I sent out months ago.)

Hello Dr. Chuck,
Do I need submit my TOEFL score to case if I am an international applicant?
Thanks a lot.

Good afternoon Dr. Chuck,

when can we expect in invites to start coming?

Good afternoon Dr. Chuck,

when can we expect in invites to start coming?

I believe he already answered this a few posts above. I'm sure they're working as diligently as they can! :)

Predental clubs or groups have the opportunity to try to arrange an online recruitment presentation with Case School of Dental Medicine this upcoming academic year. While I do try to schedule open recruitment "office hours" at my discretion, I know many predental clubs are starting to figure out your meeting agendas for the next semester or year.

We are particularly interested in making sure we contact anyone attending programs represented in the top of our "feeder school" list from last application cycle. Some of these schools are fairly easy to arrange as we have standing visit invitations, but a few others require a little more coordination. Specifically, if someone representing any of the following schools can email me directly, it would be great to coordinate a visit either in-person or on-line. (Note, it is also possible to coordinate a recruitment talk targetting multiple schools online; our medical school has been doing this over the last couple of years.)

• University of Washington
  • University of Western Ontario
  • Wayne State University MI
  • York University
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Florida
  • University of Houston
  • University of South Florida
  • Virginia Commonwealth University
  • University of Alberta

First set of interview invitations are away. Verify your AADSAS status and then (if you have not received the emailed letter) your junk email boxes to be sure a possible invitation has not been trapped there. You have 7 days to respond.

This group can choose from any available interview date in August.

Last edited:
Does that mean those who didn't receive the interview are rejected? :(

Its only the first roundof interview notices.. I think there's going to be more later on. Is it likely that most of these invites went out to aadsas first mailing date folks?

Last edited:

:( 1st batch and an empty mailbox.
I thought I am a good applicant.
There is nothing on my AADSAS status.

Nothing here, good luck to the rest

1st batch and nothing here either :/

Got the email a few hours ago. Around 2:00 MST.:) So excited and grateful! Good luck to the rest of you.:) Just be patient, all is not lost, I'm sure.:)

No change to AADSAS though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.