2018 The Official Thread : Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CASE differentiate between "Received/Under Review" status versus "Received/Waiting Additional Information?"

I paid my application fee, and the verification e-mail listed the amount as paid but did not request any additional information from me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does CASE differentiate between "Received/Under Review" status versus "Received/Waiting Additional Information?"

As I won't address your specific application, the usual difference between the two different receipt acknowledgements in our system include waiting for additional information such as a pending DAT score or a letter of evaluation. Usually if you are received/under review, your file is considered complete and available for review for our admissions committee.

Hi Dr. Chuck,

Is my application under review if my status on AADSAS says "Received/Application Complete"?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I see... so Received/Under review means we received your AADSAS. Received/waiting information means we received your AADSAS but we're waiting for confirmation of your fee, your DAT, or your letters. Then Received/Complete means it is under consideration with the admissions committee.

Oh I see... so Received/Under review means we received your AADSAS. Received/waiting information means we received your AADSAS but we're waiting for confirmation of your fee, your DAT, or your letters. Then Received/Complete means it is under consideration with the admissions committee.

Thank you!

Oh, I see. Thank you for the information. Do you require the physical letters and application before verification then? My DAT scores and my letters are complete on my AADSAS application and have been for awhile, so everything there should be verified. I also paid the fee which was acknowledged in the received AADSAS application e-mail.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the information. Do you require the physical letters and application before verification then? My DAT scores and my letters are complete on my AADSAS application and have been for awhile, so everything there should be verified. I also paid the fee which was acknowledged in the received AADSAS application e-mail.

It is probably easier to take the conversation to email.

dr chuck, as director of admissions do you have a role in choosing which candidates are invited to interview?

furthermore, regarding decisions on offers, do you provide input as a faculty interviewer would, or are you higher on the chain and part of the committee that actually makes the decisions?

Hi Dr. Chuck,

When do you think the next set of interview invites are extended ( approximately ). ? Thank you

dr chuck hasn't posted in a week.

look at his post count...

we're all gonna die.

Members don't see this ad :)
dr chuck, as director of admissions do you have a role in choosing which candidates are invited to interview?

furthermore, regarding decisions on offers, do you provide input as a faculty interviewer would, or are you higher on the chain and part of the committee that actually makes the decisions?

Yes. And yes. And yes.

It is probably easier to take the conversation to email.

Office of Admissions will be closed at noon ET today. We will not respond to phone messages and emails until noon Monday.

Dr. Chuck,

I was wondering if I could talk to you about applying as a non-traditional student but could not P.M. you. I would love to speak with you if I could have a few minutes of your time.

Thanks in advance for your time!

My apologies if this has already been addressed in the thread, but if we're rejected or waitlisted, will there be any change in our AADSAS status? Mine has been "Received/Under Review" since AADSAS updated all the statuses. It said my application was received in early - mid August, yet I haven't heard back from ANY schools yet. No rejections, no invites... nothing.

My apologies if this has already been addressed in the thread, but if we're rejected or waitlisted, will there be any change in our AADSAS status? Mine has been "Received/Under Review" since AADSAS updated all the statuses. It said my application was received in early - mid August, yet I haven't heard back from ANY schools yet. No rejections, no invites... nothing.

Mine has been Received/Application Complete for long time :confused:

I cannot speak for other schools, but ultimately there will be a change from us.

Invite today -- Chose a date in early November.

Excited to check out Case!

19 AA; 20 PAT; 3.9 GPA

Invite today -- Chose a date in early November.

Excited to check out Case!

19 AA; 20 PAT; 3.9 GPA

Same here, I chose November 8th. Living 15 minutes from Case my whole life it will be a nice homecoming. Can't wait to check out the Dental school.

22AA; 24 PAT; 3.73 GPA

Hi Dr. Chuck, I have an interview scheduled for Oct. 29th- when can I expect to get the interview packet in the mail?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Did you read your email and the website where you scheduled your interview?

Dr. Chuck,

I had send an e-mail to you approximately nine days ago regarding my AADSAS and have not yet received a response. Are you backed up on e-mail or ought to make another inquiry?

Does Case still have pre-December interview spots?

At this moment, all of our intended interview spots except for a handful of spots in December have been scheduled. (I have yet to schedule interview days for January and beyond.)

However, it still does not stop individuals who scheduled interviews with us from not showing up to interview day (as was the case yesterday).

So needless to say, we could probably accommodate more if a small minority of applicants were more considerate in notifying us if they were not going to come to our interview days as they originally have scheduled.

Dear Dr. Chuck,
I am an applicant applied in first batch (June 28 mail out) and took my DAT on July 13th. I am so passionately waiting to hear from Case but haven't heard of anything since then. My gpa is around 3.7 and DAT of 20 and I was wondering if I can somehow get updates on my status and my app says received/complete from 7/29. I was wondering to know how long does it usually take for review process? is it safe to assume that I am rejected based on long waiting?
Thank you

Last edited:
Dear Dr. Chuck,
I am an applicant applied in first batch (June 28 mail out) and took my DAT on July 13th. I am so passionately waiting to hear from Case but haven't heard of anything since then. My gpa is around 3.7 and DAT of 20 and I was wondering if I can somehow get updates on my status and my app says received/complete from 7/29. I was wondering to know how long does it usually take for review process? is it safe to assume that I am rejected based on long waiting?
Thank you

Pinkshirt,
My advice is that you e-mail the admissions office directly. They are extremely receptive and helpful in response to applicant inquiries, and it couldn't hurt to express your sincere interest in Case! If you have had any significant accomplishments or involvements since submitting in the second batch, I would suggest including them in your e-mail as well. I'm sure they'd be happy to add them to your file, and they might help you. Oh, and if you choose to go this route, make sure you send an e-mail... they prefer them to phone calls. :)

http://dental.case.edu/dmd/visitus
Scroll down to the bottom of this page. It will help!

Thank you Glimmer for your quick response! I will definitely consider this route :)

Pinkshirt,
My advice is that you e-mail the admissions office directly. They are extremely receptive and helpful in response to applicant inquiries, and it couldn't hurt to express your sincere interest in Case! If you have had any significant accomplishments or involvements since submitting in the second batch, I would suggest including them in your e-mail as well. I'm sure they'd be happy to add them to your file, and they might help you. Oh, and if you choose to go this route, make sure you send an e-mail... they prefer them to phone calls. :)

http://dental.case.edu/dmd/visitus
Scroll down to the bottom of this page. It will help!

We definitely prefer emails over phone calls. Make sure you include your AADSAS ID#.

Hi Pinkshirt,

Have they told you when they will let you know the decision of your application?

Thanks.

Dr.Chuck,

When will you send out the interview invite for Dec?

when the next batch of interview invites coming out? thanks. :thumbup:

We are filling in gaps as some of our candidates reschedule interviews, including through December.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I will keep hoping for the opportunity to interview. Case seems like a truly excellent school.

We are filling in gaps as some of our candidates reschedule interviews, including through December.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I will keep hoping for the opportunity to interview. Case seems like a truly excellent school.

I wanted to update you about the next communication we intend to send out: specifically, rejection of files without invitation to interview. It is my preference that we not reject applicants until a bit later in the cycle, especially as interview spots are filled. We are getting close to having all our pre-January spots filled (as some of our pre-December interviewees are requesting moving their interviews later), so as soon as I am confident that we will not be accommodating any additional files for pre-January spots, I will consider (finally) sending out our rejection letters. It is not our office's intention to keep so many of you on hold without a thorough consideration of each applicant's competitiveness compared to the overall group.

Our office does not consider any appeals to rejection decisions, so do not direct any phone calls or emails. It is best to review your applications with your prehealth advisors, references, or mentors who are supporting your application for such advice and counsel, especially considering the volume of information we disseminate to desirable applicants in-person and online. I admit our pool this year has been very impressive, and some solid applicants may wind up being left without an interview invitation from our office who I am confident will probably have interviews at other schools (there are over 60 of us).

Reactions: 3 users
dr chuck, thanks for hooking us up with the details for a student awarded the nhsc scholarship.

will use.

Emailed letters are being sent to applicants who have not been invited to interview whose applications will no longer be considered. You may wind up receiving multiple copies of the email by my mistake.

Among the applicants we have sent "interview deny" letters, here are their group statistics, which I hope you can analyze appropriately. There is obviously more than just the numbers, but since you all want to know them...

overall GPA midrange : 3.03 to 3.40
science GPA midrange : 3.03 to 3.39
DAT AA (best score) midrange : 18 to 20
DAT PAT (best score) midrange : 18 to 22

Among the applicants we have sent "interview deny" letters, here are their group statistics, which I hope you can analyze appropriately. There is obviously more than just the numbers, but since you all want to know them...

overall GPA midrange : 3.03 to 3.40
science GPA midrange : 3.03 to 3.39
DAT AA (best score) midrange : 18 to 20
DAT PAT (best score) midrange : 18 to 22
Will we be receiving these letters today or tomorrow? Or over the span of a week? Thank you doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.