The Official Thread: University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine

HKBB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My check was cashed 3-4 days ago and I just received an email from them today saying that my Application is Complete, Fee is Paid, and Under Review.

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Received an email earlier stating my app is complete and has been sent to the committee for review!!

Finally

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email earlier stating my app is complete and has been sent to the committee for review!!

Finally

I never received any email from Pittsburgh and no one ever picks up on the phone! What to do!!

I never received any email from Pittsburgh and no one ever picks up on the phone! What to do!!

you're not alone, I submitted my application 3rd batch to Pittsburgh and I haven't received any sort of confirmation email from them yet!

you're not alone, I submitted my application 3rd batch to Pittsburgh and I haven't received any sort of confirmation email from them yet!

Well that's a coincidence, I just checked my email and I finally received an email from Pittsburgh saying they have processed my application and it has been sent to the admissions committee for review! :)

I just got an email saying my application is complete and is on to review as well. I was first batch but my DAT wasn't received until the end of July for anyone wondering.

I just got an email saying my application is complete and is on to review as well. I was first batch but my DAT wasn't received until the end of July for anyone wondering.

Now we just play the waiting game, my friend.

I applied first batch, check was cashed July 1. I received an email a while ago saying they received my app. I have not gotten an email saying everything was complete.

my check was cashed 7/31 .. but no email yet.. should i call them? they didnt reply to my email, which i sent earlier this month

Nothing so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anyone get any interviews from here yet? i feel like pittsburgh is running late...they cashed my check in weeks after i sent it in

I sent my checks 7/31/2013 and as of today they still didn't cash out. Should I call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the email saying my app is complete and under review on 07/24/13. The email said it would take the committee weeks to months to review the application, so I'm not surprised I haven't heard anything yet.

I just got the same e-mail the others have been mentioning. Nothing new, just the same old "please be patient" message. :(

I don't have Pittsburgh on the portal.

So I got the app complete and under review email on aug 2nd and just got the same email again just now. Did that happen to anyone?

Anyone know when their tentative interview dates are? From reading last year's posts it seems that Sept 24th was their first interview. First invites came out 8/29 (a Wed). Maybe next Wed we will hear something?

So I got the app complete and under review email on aug 2nd and just got the same email again just now. Did that happen to anyone?

Yes i got the same thing this morning. Maybe they meant to send us an interview email? R u going to call and ask y they sent the same email again?

Yes i got the same thing this morning. Maybe they meant to send us an interview email? R u going to call and ask y they sent the same email again?

The same thing happened to me, I would pay no mind to the redundancy. And after they explicitly stated:
Pittsburgh Admissions Office said:
I am aware that monitoring your status throughout the application process is important to you. However, I ask that you please be patient at this time and refrain from contacting this office to check your status.
I definitely wouldn't call just to ask why you got a duplicate email.

The same thing happened to me, I would pay no mind to the redundancy. And after they explicitly stated: I definitely wouldn't call just to ask why you got a duplicate email.

Same thing happened here as well, and I agree with you in not contacting them.

I guess the real question is did anyone not get this second email?

I never got duplicate e-mails. Today's e-mail was the first one I ever got.

What a funky way of doing their business. I guess all schools have their own special ways of taking care of their applicants.

I submitted my app first batch. Check was cashed on the first of July. Got an email on June 26 saying my app had been received, yada yada, don't contact the office to check on status etc.

Have not received an email or an update since. Did not receive the redundant email others have mentioned.

Just got an interview invite for September 23 or September 30. Really pleased.

Hey yall how much was the supplement fee?
According to AADSAS, it is $35 but according to their website it is $50!

I already sent my money order($35) to U of Pitt! :eek::eek::confused::confused:

I received an interview invitation yesterday around 3:30PM EST! The dates to choose from were also Sept. 23rd or 30th. I'm OOS. Good luck everyone!! :)

I got one this morning at 6:15AM weirddd. Super happy though!

Not the highest of stats but I have extremely stellar ECs and research so PM me if you want details

I got the interview invitation today as well; in state.

September 30, I'm planing on leaving after the interview and I was wondering if any one knows how much it costs for a cab to PIT?

September 30, I'm planing on leaving after the interview and I was wondering if any one knows how much it costs for a cab to PIT?

The airport is about 35 minutes away - i'm pretty sure the cab is going to be 50-60.

Also received an invite today. I'm really not sure if I am considered in-state. I grew up in Pittsburgh, but have lived in Mass. for a while.

If anyone has interview suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

i'm also interviewing on the 30th/leaving right after. maybe a group of us can split the cab to the airport afterwards!