The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied 1/11 ...still haven't heard anything, just received/app complete. Anyone else on the same boat?
Same boat!

Members don't see this ad.

I think their min GPA is 3.3. I have not seen anyone that got an interview that have less than a 3.3. That just speculation on my part tho.
This is from the website, "Although the TCDM will evaluate each student’s record on an individual basis, the candidate must have achieved a minimum science GPA of 2.7 and an overall GPA of 2.7 on a scale of 4.0 in a professional or graduate or undergraduate studies program to be eligible for consideration to the DDS program. Students success in undergraduate science courses will be evaluated based on increasing academic performance over time."

This is from the website, "Although the TCDM will evaluate each student’s record on an individual basis, the candidate must have achieved a minimum science GPA of 2.7 and an overall GPA of 2.7 on a scale of 4.0 in a professional or graduate or undergraduate studies program to be eligible for consideration to the DDS program. Students success in undergraduate science courses will be evaluated based on increasing academic performance over time."
All schools pretty much say that on their website, the minimum is usually 2.7 or 2.75... but good luck getting in anywhere with that haha

Members don't see this ad :)
All schools pretty much say that on their website, the minimum is usually 2.7 or 2.75... but good luck getting in anywhere with that haha

I believe the 2.7 requirement that schools list is a way to attract more applicants primarily for applications fees. I suppose that's the business component of the app cycle

I believe the 2.7 requirement that schools list is a way to attract more applicants primarily for applications fees. I suppose that's the business component of the app cycle

Toro doesn't make money off that for the fees. They have no 2ndary. AADSAS gets money though

Toro doesn't make money off that for the fees. They have no 2ndary. AADSAS gets money though
I think he/she just meant in general for all schools. Which I agree, midwestern for sure puts 2.75 min on their site, that way they get loads of unqualified applicants so they get more money and lower their acceptance rate. Which is good for the schools, they all like to say how many applicants they got and how few they accepted etc.

Reactions: 1 users
They have secondary app and fees. But bc they open so late in the cylce, they didnt charge us for it. They will get the fee next year

They have secondary app and fees. But bc they open so late in the cylce, they didnt charge us for it. They will get the fee next year

Did they make us fill out any secondary for this cycle?

Those who have been invited for an interview, has anyone struggled to get in contact with them? I can't seem to reach them in order to schedule the interview.

Last edited:
I got an interview scheduled for 2/24!

I'm super excited!!!
Oh wow they've already sent out that many that they're booked through end of February already? They are moving so fast, that is discouraging haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview scheduled for 2/24!

I'm super excited!!!
Hi dear,
Congrats, when did you send your application and how long after your status on AADSAS changed (if it did) did you receive your interview?
Thanks for your response

I actually got the last spot in February, I believe they don't have any other spots available until after spring break in March

Hi dear,
Congrats, when did you send your application and how long after your status on AADSAS changed (if it did) did you receive your interview?
Thanks for your response

Thank you! :)

I applied 1/12 and got the interview invite yesterday.

3.8gpa/3.65 science gpa
22AA

I have a 3.60 GPA and a 20 AA, do you guys think I have a chance?
Thanks

You get in somewhere with those stats as long as you don't bomb the interview.

I have a Meharry interview coming, hopefully I don't bomb it like you said

Are you Asian? But with your stats you should have more options. Those are good stats.

Are you Asian? But with your stats you should have more options. Those are good stats.
No I am not Asian, I applied to 6 schools so far only Meharry seemed to be interested in me, I sent everything but my DAT score in August, November for my DAT scores. I am hopeless now

No I am not Asian, I applied to 6 schools so far only Meharry seemed to be interested in me, I sent everything but my DAT score in August, November for my DAT scores. I am hopeless now

Haha u in a way better position then I am. At least you got one interview, and most likely Touro will give u an invite.

Haha u in a way better position then I am. At least you got one interview, and most likely Touro will give u an invite.
I am hoping for something positive, I am praying for an interview from Touro. How many schools did you apply to?

I am hoping for something positive, I am praying for an interview from Touro. How many schools did you apply to?

7 including Touro. I honestly have no hope now haha. I thought people that are applying to Touro are those with low to average GPA, but apparently that not the case. I'm sure you get in somewhere with those stats tho.

Wow those are crazy stats. You will get into almost anywhere with those stats.
Thanks, unfortunately 2015 was a rough year for me, so I ended up applying really late.

This is actually the first school to invite me for an interview.

MWU-AZ wait listed me for an interview and I never heard back from any of my other schools.

Thanks, unfortunately 2015 was a rough year for me, so I ended up applying really late.

MWU-AZ wait listed me for an interview and I never heard back from any of my other schools.
Did you schedule it today? I was not able to get in contact with them.

That sound exactly like mine situation minus the interview invite from touro haha. Good luck with your interview tho.

when do they interview until? seems like that was extremely extremely fast to fill the interview from feb 1 to march. and the class size is 110. hm...

7 including Touro. I honestly have no hope now haha. I thought people that are applying to Touro are those with low to average GPA, but apparently that not the case. I'm sure you get in somewhere with those stats tho.
I have a feeling that I might have to shadow a few different dentist though, I have 400hours with 2 general dentist, 200 at the trauma center, 200 working with a special child, 150 volunteering at a school, and 50 volunteering at a homeless shelter. I think I will need to do some more to show than that I love to work with people.

when do they interview until? seems like that was extremely extremely fast to fill the interview from feb 1 to march. and the class size is 110. hm...
They say until April, let's hope we get a spot in their class.

idk how many time and how many they interview but to fill 110 is a lot.
for example lecom school interview until from august to march to fill there class (100).
idk. I'm just dumbfounded that they filled unto march. two months isn't enough.

idk how many time and how many they interview but to fill 110 is a lot.
for exam loco and even established school interview until from august to march to fill there class.
hmm...

I think they'll prob just accept individuals with the most competitive numbers in order to set a certain standard for next application cycle m. As a new school they have to make sure the students in the first few classes succeed in order to get full accreditation. Just a thought

I think they'll prob just accept individuals with the most competitive numbers in order to set a certain standard for next application cycle m. As a new school they have to make sure the students in the first few classes succeed in order to get full accreditation. Just a thought

yea i understand they have standard. just dumbfounded its filled until march. even yesterday ppl were scheduling in feb 2nd. today is march.

yea i understand they have standard. just dumbfounded its filled until march. even yesterday ppl were scheduling in feb 2nd. today is march.

they had a lot of applicants. it seems like a lot of people submitted late that would've been competitive at other schools had they submitted earlier are snagging interviews. and i do believe if you have a high GPA with a good DAT then you will have a great chance at interviews!

Yeah. If I ever start the Grill King School of Dental Medicine I would give everyone in this thread a interview invite but until then let's just pray touro calls more of us in

Yeah. If I ever start the Grill King School of Dental Medicine I would give everyone in this thread a interview invite but until then let's just pray touro calls more of us in

I want to be an investor for that school haha. Tired of waiting for a committee to decide my future.

Reactions: 1 users
I also called a few times to schedule mine and wasn't able to do so.

Soonest interview date is on the 3rd week of March

some ppl got january and feb 1 and 3rd interviews already

Status
Not open for further replies.