The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Im stuck between touro and NYU, what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

omg guys congrats to the accepted students. I got no email today i interviewed on Feb 1

I interviewed Feb 1st as well...so is it safe to say that the students who received the "strong candidate" e-mail are getting their acceptances now?

Members don't see this ad :)
someone call and ask them if they are done sending out more acceptances. nobody is picking up.

TWO things:

1- those who were accepted , are you from NY or OUT OF STATE?

2- THE Jewish holidays are like this week, i think, so, it could be slow for us. . . . .

HEY TOURO

don't forget your hype man from queens right here !!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed Feb 1st as well...so is it safe to say that the students who received the "strong candidate" e-mail are getting their acceptances now?
No, I interviewed early in February and I had that extra paragraph. However, I haven't received anything yet.

someone call and ask them if they are done sending out more acceptances. nobody is picking up.
someone in the other thread just called and talked to them today, so I guess you can retry. I would have called them, but I am out of the country.

I interviewed in early February and did not get the paragraph. Accepted yesterday! Paragraph doesn't play a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I'm starting to think paragraph and interview date have nothing to do with it. Unless it's random, it could be alphabetical--it would make sense with my name.

Yeah I'm starting to think paragraph and interview date have nothing to do with it. Unless it's random, it could be alphabetical--it would make sense with my name.
My last name starts with one of the first few letters... :(

My last name starts with one of the first few letters... :(
alright so maybe not alphabetical either lol they're probably doing a holistic review of all the candidates and sending them out bit by bit. but it's only the second day of releasing decisions so we'll both hang in there! Has anyone heard anything yet today?

alright so maybe not alphabetical either lol they're probably doing a holistic review of all the candidates and sending them out bit by bit. but it's only the second day of releasing decisions so we'll both hang in there! Has anyone heard anything yet today?
This is what I heard from them last month when I called. That extra paragraph on email means that you are a strong candidate for the inaugural class, nothing more nothing less. They will also review everyone again before making the final decision.
I interviewed late Feb and I also got that extra paragraph. No acceptance yet. Hang in there everyone. Its only the second day and I am assuming that a lot of people will decline the offer. (I just hope its not another waitlist for me)

NEWS

so far it has been out of state applicants whom got accepted !

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you call and confirm that it's only OOS or that's just what you've seen from the recent posts?

BASED on RECENT POSTS

IM from NY

So they are saving the best for last.

Me of course !

Did anyone else's status say "offer accepted" without them actually accepting the offer?

I just called them and they said that they sent out all 110 acceptances and waiting until people get back to them. They will contact the others within few days for waitlist/rejection.
p.s. They are not closed for Passover

BASED on RECENT POSTS

IM from NY

So they are saving the best for last.

Me of course !

I am a NY state resident and received the acceptance yesterday. I interviewed towards the end of March. My name is towards the beginning of the alphabet. My interviewer basically told me that I was accepted during the interview.

I'm sure more spots will open up, but they need to hear back from those that they've already accepted first.

I am a NY state resident and received the acceptance yesterday. I interviewed towards the end of March. My name is towards the beginning of the alphabet. My interviewer basically told me that I was accepted during the interview.

I'm sure more spots will open up, but they need to hear back from those that they've already accepted first.
Did your interviewer tell u after the interview? .

Last edited:
Got accepted... iffy about attending... I'm thinking about putting down the deposit and seeing my chances first with other schools. If no luck, then I'll have to decide between going to Touro or completing a Master's....

QUESTION! Just to make sure i'm not going crazy here... if I do give the $2000 deposit and I get accepted to another school, I can still drop, right? The 2G deposit doesn't mean I can't accept other schools and drop Touro.... RIGHT?!? I already gave them the Terms & Conditions form as well as my SSN#..... I can still back out right, right? RIGHT!?

correct... it's the whole point of a deposit. as a cost deterrent to prevent you from going elsewhere should you get accepted.
QUESTION! Just to make sure i'm not going crazy here... if I do give the $2000 deposit and I get accepted to another school, I can still drop, right? The 2G deposit doesn't mean I can't accept other schools and drop Touro.... RIGHT?!? I already gave them the Terms & Conditions form as well as my SSN#..... I can still back out right, right? RIGHT!?

Thanks, just wanted to make sure i wasnt crazy.

Why do you think you're better off with a masters? I got into NYU and I'm contemplating if I should goto touro or NYU. Touro is cheaper and I like the smaller class size as opposed to NYU.

Yeah, well I interviewed early Feb. I'm out of state. My name is end of the alphabet. My interview went really well and my interviewer basically told me I've been accepted..YET--nothing. So there's that.

Who did you interview with?

Did anyone who interviewed with Dr. Steinberg get accepted? That guy was rough...
I had him, and I haven't heard anything. He was really tough. I think it was because he's so young.

I know right! I wonder if he recommended any of his interviewees?

Me at my interview:
Dr. Steinberg: "Hello, I'm Dr. Steinberg. You must be _______."
Me: "Yes I am! Haha, you know I was thrown off at first wondering how another applicant knew who I was without my name tag, lol"
Dr. Steinberg: "*silent judgement* Yeahhhh... Well anyway follow me this way..."

Ugh, such a fail... I think he probably dislikes being mistaken for not a doctor all the time
sounds like a dick

and since 2 people in this thread alone had a similar experience, good luck with that guy

My interviewer claimed I had a "perfect interview." I also got the "strong candidate" email and then didn't receive anything. I got into another school and I'm glad because honestly Touro's actions leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Their interview process and facilities were bad enough and this is just icing on the cake. Unprofessional from the point in which my interviewer changed 3 times because they didn't show until how they chose to address their applicants.

Hello
I could be asking silly question but I was wondering did anyone got accepted to touro without Interview.

Why do you think you're better off with a masters? I got into NYU and I'm contemplating if I should goto touro or NYU. Touro is cheaper and I like the smaller class size as opposed to NYU.

It's really hard to gauge whether or not people are being sarcastic on these forums sometimes lol. I'll take it as you're genuinely interested in knowing why the average applicant might be better off with a masters. I'm the opposite of you. I like the big class sizes and the large faculty pool. Personally, it gives it more diversity and opportunity to learn from different backgrounds and walks of life. I wish they'd answer me soon (with an acceptance of course lol).

- A masters (a few select ones) are really for students who either 1) had an 'okay' performance during undergrad or 2) are thinking for the future. The master's program I'm currently in is for dental and medical scholars who want to attend graduate school and are looking to better their academic history. I had a 3.3 undergrad GPA and apparently that is just 'average' and nothing unique to many interviewers/adcoms. Taking this Master's and striving for a 3.5+ really sparked more interest from other schools. I'm finishing my masters in 3 semesters (average time for people in this program) and thats another down side. I would have had interviews at 5 other schools if I was finishing my master's this year rather than next fall semester. That's partially my fault because I should have looked into school requirements with graduate programs before applying, but if i dont get into NYU or I dont feel comfortable going to Touro, I know for a fact next cycle I'll have better luck. Don't take this as me bragging, this is me explaining why a Master's program is beneficial.

It's really hard to gauge whether or not people are being sarcastic on these forums sometimes lol. I'll take it as you're genuinely interested in knowing why the average applicant might be better off with a masters. I'm the opposite of you. I like the big class sizes and the large faculty pool. Personally, it gives it more diversity and opportunity to learn from different backgrounds and walks of life. I wish they'd answer me soon (with an acceptance of course lol).

- A masters (a few select ones) are really for students who either 1) had an 'okay' performance during undergrad or 2) are thinking for the future. The master's program I'm currently in is for dental and medical scholars who want to attend graduate school and are looking to better their academic history. I had a 3.3 undergrad GPA and apparently that is just 'average' and nothing unique to many interviewers/adcoms. Taking this Master's and striving for a 3.5+ really sparked more interest from other schools. I'm finishing my masters in 3 semesters (average time for people in this program) and thats another down side. I would have had interviews at 5 other schools if I was finishing my master's this year rather than next fall semester. That's partially my fault because I should have looked into school requirements with graduate programs before applying, but if i dont get into NYU or I dont feel comfortable going to Touro, I know for a fact next cycle I'll have better luck. Don't take this as me bragging, this is me explaining why a Master's program is beneficial.
What masters programs are you in?...I might be looking into some. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Haha I'm being completely genuine, I didn't really like NYU as much but I'm sort of iffy in attending a new school so I just wanted to check out different perspectives. What makes you iffy about Touro?

When will we receive confirmation of orientation/school start dates? I know the consensus on this forum is July 5 for orientation, but unless they tell us NOW, it seems unreasonable to have orientation in July, not to mention starting school in July.

Des anyone know if touro have wating list system? D othey give you interview for waiting list?

Des anyone know if touro have wating list system? D othey give you interview for waiting list?
They've done all the interviews they plan to do. They did about 500. My understanding is they will make wait list out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

hey guys i got an interview invite for Thursday the 28th. any advice or tips for the interview?? Any help is greatly appreciated. and congrats to all of those who got accepted!!

hey guys i got an interview invite for Thursday the 28th. any advice or tips for the interview?? Any help is greatly appreciated. and congrats to all of those who got accepted!!

WOW
Touro
is getting greedy and are unappreciative of those 500 who they've interviewed

I guess he got an interview for pharmacy school ;)

omg lol

ok

i see...

I just got angry with my little touro for no good reason..

Sorry touro

When will we receive confirmation of orientation/school start dates? I know the consensus on this forum is July 5 for orientation, but unless they tell us NOW, it seems unreasonable to have orientation in July, not to mention starting school in July.

I received my acceptance letter in the mail and it says orientation is July 5th and that classes will start soon after that.

I received my acceptance letter in the mail and it says orientation is July 5th and that classes will start soon after that.

Out of state ?

or NY resident?

When was your interview?

what are your grades?

What is your name and address?

JustKidding on the last one !!!!

:zip::zip::zip::zip::zip::zip:

But serious on the First 5 lol

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
to SDN

where we want to know everything

Out of state ?

or NY resident?

When was your interview?

what are your grades?

What is your name and address?

JustKidding on the last one !!!!

:zip::zip::zip::zip::zip::zip:

But serious on the First 5 lol

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
to SDN

where we want to know everything
Hey man, I interviewed on the first day at touro, did get that extra paragraph when it was sent out, i did get accepted on that first day (i forgot when) and i am from queens NY

Just giving you that information not to discourage, but on the bright side, I will be going to pittsburgh over touro so dont lose hope

Hey man, I interviewed on the first day at touro, did get that extra paragraph when it was sent out, i did get accepted on that first day (i forgot when) and i am from queens NY

Just giving you that information not to discourage, but on the bright side, I will be going to pittsburgh over touro so dont lose hope

Ahh
fellow queens member, hopefully born and raised. . . . .

Congrats... But why not go? Its not that bad of a drive ... .

How were your grades?
DAT GPA