***The Official Tufts Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

larrylu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can't find one so I thought I'd start this.
Anyone got their app complete e-mail yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I received the completed application email. It says that we will hear about interviews "beginning in October". We have a LONG time until then...

I received the completed application email. It says that we will hear about interviews "beginning in October". We have a LONG time until then...
Got my app incomplete email awhile back, I have everything in for about 3 weeks now still haven't heard anything back.
They are pretty serious about "don't call and ask" though.....Getting nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang October is forever from now

I did not get an "app received email" or supplemental, but i did get one regarding health and required vaccinations? you would think they would just send that out to the people who are accepted? did anyone else get this?

I did not get an "app received email" or supplemental, but i did get one regarding health and required vaccinations? you would think they would just send that out to the people who are accepted? did anyone else get this?
I just got both the app received and vaccination emails -- and in my email they said they wouldn't begin interviews until november. Is there a supplement application (besides the $75 fee) for this school or do we just wait until an interview invite now?

I think its just the 75$ application fee

sorry if i confused you, by "supplemental", i meant the fee.

I got the "incomplete" email this morning since my LORs weren't in yet and then later today my school's committee letter was sent. Talk about timing. haha

Got the application complete email on 7/21

Do some of you have an incomplete status on the aadsas portal for Tufts? I received an email in early July that said they have everything but my fee. But I paid the fee in late June so I assumed that they still had to catch up. Today I have yet to receive an application complete email.

Do some of you have an incomplete status on the aadsas portal for Tufts? I received an email in early July that said they have everything but my fee. But I paid the fee in late June so I assumed that they still had to catch up. Today I have yet to receive an application complete email.

I'm on the same boat as you man. Paid early, received the missing fee email, and no update, but no worries I'm sure they'll get to it when they get the chance to do so. Reassuring to know I'm not the only one though.

yep, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

How long did it take for you guys to get an application complete email? I got a payment confirmation email, but still no complete email since I submitted everything around July 23. I submitted my AADSAS application in June but it took another month for my recommendation letters to be complete and sent out to schools, so they should have received everything around July 23. It said in one of the emails not to call for application statuses but I'm getting a little concerned.

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid my fee on July 8...my DAT scores were sent to them by mid July and I received an APPLICATION COMPLETE email on July 21.

I haven't received an application complete mail yet and my aadsas says "waiting for additional information" still. Should I be worried? The only thing I've received is an application incomplete email where they said they have everything but my fee. I paid this in late June.

I would shy away from calling most schools, but as long as Tufts is taking their time with the process I don't see anything wrong with giving them a call and asking about the email! Better to catch a problem early!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got an Application complete email today (8/15).

Submitted my application (7/25), DAT uploaded (7/25), LOR (8/1) and my app fee (7/30).

Did anyone else get an email about immunization expectations?

Thank you! I haven't seen any other schools do that so I just thought it was a little weird.

They do it because some of the immunization requirements take several months. So if you haven't started by the time app process is rolling, you won't be done in time for Fall.

AADSAS portal now says "received/under review" :) Added TUFTS later and it was mailed 8/1. Received supp fee email and paid it on 8/14.

That's so strange. My app was mailed and fee paid on 7/7 but still says waiting on additional info. My LORs were submitted 7/25.

AADSAS portal now says "received/under review" :) Added TUFTS later and it was mailed 8/1. Received supp fee email and paid it on 8/14.

Interesting! Mine still says received/complete and I was first batch.

While you guys are in undergrad, take advantage of immunization and titers. And this is probably one of the schools that start very late interviewing people, so be patient.

I had the same thing happen to me. I still haven't heard from them. It does say in my email that to wait 4-6wks. I'd say this week is 6wks so I'll give them a call tomorrow. I definitely paid!

Tufts is the only school that still says "waiting on additional information" on my AADSAS portal even though I have paid and submitted everything about a month ago! I have been hesitant calling the school since the emails say specifically NOT to call. Should I still call just to be safe?

Tufts is the only school that still says "waiting on additional information" on my AADSAS portal even though I have paid and submitted everything about a month ago! I have been hesitant calling the school since the emails say specifically NOT to call. Should I still call just to be safe?
Its really not that big a deal, send them an email. I did and mine changed to app complete.

Its really not that big a deal, send them an email. I did and mine changed to app complete.

I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and never got a reply :(

Has anyone else gotten an "application complete" email recently? (after july 21)

I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and never got a reply :(

Has anyone else gotten an "application complete" email recently? (after july 21)

I haven't either. They actually e-mailed me saying they needed a letter of recommendation from a general dentist (my AADSAS one came from a pediatric dentist). So that delayed the process.

that's weird. mine has said app complete on AADSAS for a long time and my letter was from a pediatric dentist as well

that's weird. mine has said app complete on AADSAS for a long time and my letter was from a pediatric dentist as well

That is weird. Yes specifically they wanted a letter confirming I've done over 40 hours with a general dentist. It's weird because I had documented those hours under Professional experiences on AADSAS.

I don't think my general dentist stated the number of hours in her letter, though I did state the number of hours in my AADSAS application of course. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm unsure what to do since my letters have already been submitted to AADSAS.

I don't think my general dentist stated the number of hours in her letter, though I did state the number of hours in my AADSAS application of course. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm unsure what to do since my letters have already been submitted to AADSAS.

That was my case exactly. I had already used the 4 allotted recommenders on AADSAS (including the pediatric dentist) so they told me to have the general dentist mail in the letter. It was almost as if they wanted proof of at least 40 hours. I documented more than 40 hours with the general dentist that I shadow but they wanted a letter from her. They specifically sent me an e-mail saying my application was not complete because they needed proof of 40 hours.

That was my case exactly. I had already used the 4 allotted recommenders on AADSAS (including the pediatric dentist) so they told me to have the general dentist mail in the letter. It was almost as if they wanted proof of at least 40 hours. I documented more than 40 hours with the general dentist that I shadow but they wanted a letter from her. They specifically sent me an e-mail saying my application was not complete because they needed proof of 40 hours.
Oh no :( My LOR didn't mention a specific number of hour either, just approximately the month I started there.... It'd be such a pain if I have to go get another letter just to confirm the number of hours I did there -____-

Oh no :( My LOR didn't mention a specific number of hour either, just approximately the month I started there.... It'd be such a pain if I have to go get another letter just to confirm the number of hours I did there -____-

I'm sure you're fine!! If they didn't send you an e-mail like that then your letter probably was sufficient. I think the fact that mine was from a pediatric was the reason I had an issue. Their website clarified some things for me.

http://dental.tufts.edu/admissions/dmd-program/

Finally got an application complete email today

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got an application complete email today
Me too ! Yesterday, 09/07. They said they won't send out invites until October and that November-March is when interviews are going to happen. :D

I hope I hear good news soon.

Anyone know if I can mail an updated dentist LOR directly to them? The original that was uploaded to ADEA. Didn't specify my hours shadowed. The email they sent me specifically said not to mail anything to them, but I see no other way of getting that letter to them. I have emailed them and got an automatic response email about a large # of emails to respond to so I may not hear anything for awhile. Just want to get this over with ASAP.

Anyone know if I can mail an updated dentist LOR directly to them? The original that was uploaded to ADEA. Didn't specify my hours shadowed. The email they sent me specifically said not to mail anything to them, but I see no other way of getting that letter to them. I have emailed them and got an automatic response email about a large # of emails to respond to so I may not hear anything for awhile. Just want to get this over with ASAP.
I mailed it to the address they provided in the email (admissions office's address) and received an app complete email within 10 days.

I had the same problem, and I have been advised to ask my dentist to write them a email. And I got an application completion email today.

Reactions: 1 users
I had the same problem, and I have been advised to ask my dentist to write them a email. And I got an application completion email today.
What email address did you send it to? Anything special needed in the email other than my ID and name?

Thanks

My email had no address but did find their admission address online. Thanks!

Got the application complete e-mail today! Now the waiting game continues.

Got the app complete email from tufts today. however I am afraid my dentist did not specify the #of hours in my letter either. is there a chance tufts might send me an email saying to send another letter? or should i be good to go, since I already got the app complete email?

Got the app complete email from tufts today. however I am afraid my dentist did not specify the #of hours in my letter either. is there a chance tufts might send me an email saying to send another letter? or should i be good to go, since I already got the app complete email?
My first email stated "General Dentist Letter of Evaluation Providing Proof of 40 hours of Shadowing Received: No"
My dentist didn't specify either, I got this email minutes before she uploaded her letter, but before she could fix it and send another letter, I received "General Dentist Letter of Evaluation Providing Proof of 40 hours of Shadowing Received: Yes"
So she must of satisfied the proof of 40 hours in another way.

My first email stated "General Dentist Letter of Evaluation Providing Proof of 40 hours of Shadowing Received: No"
My dentist didn't specify either, I got this email minutes before she uploaded her letter, but before she could fix it and send another letter, I received "General Dentist Letter of Evaluation Providing Proof of 40 hours of Shadowing Received: Yes"
So she must of satisfied the proof of 40 hours in another way.
I wonder if they match the dentist's name up on your AADSAS app and look for proof of 40 hours that way....I can't imagine my dentist thought to specify the number of hours shadowed on his letter, but it says my application is complete.