***The Official Tufts Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1421422099.189299.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm glad I'm not the only one refreshing my email every 5 minutes. Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AHHH CHYEAAAAHHH IM IN!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got an interview invite. I applied first week of July too lol

Accepted!!! I can taste the lobster rolls and chowda already lol

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invite, but I will be turning it down. It was by far the most intense sounding email I've gotten so far though! I think it said to "be prepared for challenging questions" and that the interview would test us on our communication and public speaking skills, among other things! lol. At all my other interviews, everyone kept telling us that it would be stress-free and to relax. Good luck to all of you interviewing! :)

I got accepted to Tufts! woooooo

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview invite, but I will be turning it down. It was by far the most intense sounding email I've gotten so far though! I think it said to "be prepared for challenging questions" and that the interview would test us on our communication and public speaking skills, among other things! lol. At all my other interviews, everyone kept telling us that it would be stress-free and to relax. Good luck to all of you interviewing! :)
The interview email really puts a damper on the actual thing. I review for like 2 hours the night before my interview and I just got accepted today. It was an AMAZING school. Probably the most well funded and maintained dental school in the US if not the world. I really want to go here but I need to think about the cost, it is pretty steep

The interview email really puts a damper on the actual thing. I review for like 2 hours the night before my interview and I just got accepted today. It was an AMAZING school. Probably the most well funded and maintained dental school in the US if not the world. I really want to go here but I need to think about the cost, it is pretty steep
You pay for what you get. They have so many resource as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Think they'll still be sending out invitations next week?

They should have yesterday. I got a PM from a guy that got invited yesterday. Don't lose hope, just keep waiting through the cycle. As long as you aren't being rejected, thats a good thing!

Congrats everyone. Now, start saving $$ for apartment hunting.

Got invited for an interview today, but will be declining as I got into my state school! Best of luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got invited for an interview, super excited. For those of you that have already interviewed, do you have any pointers? What was the hardest question you think was asked?

Just got invited for an interview, super excited. For those of you that have already interviewed, do you have any pointers? What was the hardest question you think was asked?
Everyone in my group got asked, "How do you deal with stress" or something in that nature.

For the most part it was a really easy interview but one question I got was the "If you were in my position, and I was in your position, what would you want to ask me?"
I can't remember exactly what I said because I had no idea, so I just rambles for a little bit. It was still a really easy interview though even with that

Anyone interviewing on the 29th? With the blizzard coming tomorrow, I'm not sure if m flight will get cancelled or not. I'm not sure what will happen if the blizzard doesn't get cleared by then.

So I'm assuming all the east coast schools are closed today or something?

well maybe northeast, were fine down here in FL :laugh:

to those accepted I know you don't care about answering questions since your already in but just in case, did all of your status' change to under review prior to receiving interview? if so how long did it take after your status changed to "under review" to find out you got an interview? thanks

to those accepted I know you don't care about answering questions since your already in but just in case, did all of your status' change to under review prior to receiving interview? if so how long did it take after your status changed to "under review" to find out you got an interview? thanks

That's not true; most people would like to help a fellow SDN'er out if you just ask nicely! For me, my status changed to under review mid-October and I received an interview invite the first week of December.

For me it changed the day after my interview...I interviewed on Tuesday (1/13) and got accepted on Friday (1/16), but that was mostly because they said they're gonna send them out on Friday...but they also said, they have adcom meetings every two weeks if I remember right...so hang in there and good luck! :)

For me it changed the day after my interview...I interviewed on Tuesday (1/13) and got accepted on Friday (1/16), but that was mostly because they said they're gonna send them out on Friday...but they also said, they have adcom meetings every two weeks if I remember right...so hang in there and good luck! :)

Your status changed to under review after you interviewed?

Yeah we are here to help each other out! If I remember correctly, yes, my status for Tufts was "Received/Under Review" for about two months. It then changed to "Invited for Interview" almost immediately after I got the interview invite e-mail, which was mid-December. Don't lose hope!

How long does Tufts give out interview invitations?

They will be sending more interview invitations out through February! Their last interviews are typically around mid-March. Anybody know when the next of acceptances are sent out?

Do you guys think that the class has accepted around 80 people so far because the facebook group only has 81 members.

Do you guys think that the class has accepted around 80 people so far because the facebook group only has 81 members.

no, ive noticed that students from other years will also join those groups i guess to answer questions/meet the new students so it doesnt seem to be accurate :/

no, ive noticed that students from other years will also join those groups i guess to answer questions/meet the new students so it doesnt seem to be accurate :/
So your saying there are prob less than 80 accepted so far?

They told me around 85 have made their deposits but even some of these students still choose another school (state school).

I was at the interview today. They said that as of now around 100-120 ppl have paid the deposits. Next wave of acceptance will be out next Monday, this Friday technically but the portal might not process it until Monday.

I was at the interview today. They said that as of now around 100-120 ppl have paid the deposits. Next wave of acceptance will be out next Monday, this Friday technically but the portal might not process it until Monday.
Any idea how many people get accepted per wave?

They said the last batch was 60 acceptances. They said they would send an email as soon as the decision was made right? Did they say they were meeting tomorrow?

Application just changed from "complete" to "under review". Been complete since September

Any idea how many people get accepted per wave?
There are roughly 16 people per interview group. They interview 3-4 days per week. They send out acceptances every other Friday. So, every two weeks they've interviewed around 100-120, 80% get accepted.

Any idea when the next round of interviews are?

Reactions: 2 users