***The Official Tufts Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just wait a few more weeks. There are still students who made multiple deposits and they will need to make a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Man, This is a VERY depressing wait. I just looked at a few statistics from a few years back: 50 people on waitlist and only 1 taken. That's 2%. I wish they wouldn't extend so many interviews just to waitlist people.

Man, This is a VERY depressing wait. I just looked at a few statistics from a few years back: 50 people on waitlist and only 1 taken. That's 2%. I wish they wouldn't extend so many interviews just to waitlist people.
Each year is different so I wouldn't look at statistics from last year's wait list as the applicant pools change every year. You never know. Did you get in at any other school so far? If not, are you wait listed at others? I'm wait listed at 2 schools, so the more you have the likelier you'll get in somewhere. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone that is accepted thinking about another school? I am currently waitlisted and very eager to know if I'll ever make it off of there! Tufts is my #1 :/

Hang in there dentalperson. There are a lot of students holding multiple spots. Myself, I will be deciding within the next few weeks so spots will open up.

Reactions: 1 user
Hang in there dentalperson. There are a lot of students holding multiple spots. Myself, I will be deciding within the next few weeks so spots will open up.

What schools are you holding spots at LongStudy?

Thank you! Definitely good to know there's still hope. Good luck choosing schools!

How many people do you think will be dropping spots? 5? 10?

Also - anyone have any word the number of people on the waitlist?
It varies each cycle on how many people decide to decline their offer. They have said at my interview that one year had no movement on the wait list. But another year had 20 or so students get off the wait list and accepted.

Usually about 50 or so are on the wait list from what I can remember.

Hey,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was told by Tufts admissions that they have filled the class and finished interviews for this cycle. I was hoping for an interview too :/. Hope you get an acceptance elsewhere!
That's horrible news I love tufts :.(

Is anyone here also wait listed and not accepted anywhere else? What are your plans?

I'm really sad I don't know what to do next year :(

I am beginning to look into master's programs. Is this ideal?

Is anyone here also wait listed and not accepted anywhere else? What are your plans?

I'm really sad I don't know what to do next year :(

I am beginning to look into master's programs. Is this ideal?
I applied 3x. My first cycle I didn't get any interviews. My second cycle, I applied while I was in my master's and since I only had 1 semester finished, I was granted only 1 interview. This cycle, my third, I'm finishing my master's and have had 2 acceptances out of 5 interviews. I'm wait listed at the other schools. My advice is to hang tight. There is still hope especially if you have wait lists at other schools. April is a big month for movement for wait listers.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

I applied twice. First time I had two interviews (one waitlist) and decided to do a master's program. I really think it make all the difference. Accepted to three schools (withdrew from two waitlists as well) and I couldn't be happier. I really think it helped my application. I didn't believe anyone when they said it, but things really do happen in the spring and summer. Acceptances can come late and wait lists move. I got into two schools just this week (Ironically didn't even get an interview at Tufts so I'm no help there).

Just like RSX, feel free to PM me. I feel like I've learned a lot during the process. Also, I can't speak highly enough of my school's master's program. Their acceptance rate into dental school is ridiculous.
What school is it that you did a masters at?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't expect to hear anything back until late May/early June. I would guess maybe 3-4 spots will go out because it looks like they really overbooked the class this year.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything back until late May/early June. I would guess maybe 3-4 spots will go out because it looks like they really overbooked the class this year.

How do you know they're overbooked?

You can hear back in April.

2nd deposits are due by April 15 to hold your seat.

How do you know there will be lots of movement?

Schools were informed of people with multiple acceptances by AADSAS and gave those people deadlines to make up their minds. Amount of movement depends solely on what schools those people decide on.

Schools were informed of people with multiple acceptances by AADSAS and gave those people deadlines to make up their minds. Amount of movement depends solely on what schools those people decide on.
Would you happen to know when schools were informed? I googled some stuff and said once they hear from aadsas, schools give a 15 day deadline

Would you happen to know when schools were informed? I googled some stuff and said once they hear from aadsas, schools give a 15 day deadline
ADEA notifies the schools on April 1st and students are expected to respond to the schools and tell them if they're going to attend or if they decide to withdraw. If they do not respond, the schools have the right to rescind their offer. Meaning, the student is expected to only have one offer accepted by the end of April. If they still have more than one offer accepted and no responses in which schools they choose to attend, they can be rescinded from all.

For me, my other school acceptance asked me to reply by 4/20. So the deadline to respond to a certain school will depend on their own guideline.

ADEA notifies the schools on April 1st and students are expected to respond to the schools and tell them if they're going to attend or if they decide to withdraw. If they do not respond, the schools have the right to rescind their offer. Meaning, the student is expected to only have one offer accepted by the end of April. If they still have more than one offer accepted and no responses in which schools they choose to attend, they can be rescinded from all.

For me, my other school acceptance asked me to reply by 4/20. So the deadline to respond to a certain school will depend on their own guideline.
So it sounds like we should hear something after May 1

Do we have a Facebook page for our class yet?

^Joined SDN just so I could ask this same ques. Where's the FB group? Hadn't bothered joining yet, and I'm pretty sure I saw it several months back when I was deciding between schools. Can someone post a link?

EDIT - Found the fb link a couple pages back (https://www.facebook.com/groups/547974948672174/) - it's not working?

Last edited:
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Class of 2019 is the name of the group

Group doesn't exist. Did someone make the group secret?

Last edited:
The group setting was changed to secret and I don't know why... I also don't have permission to change it back, so the only thing that I can do is if you message me and I add you directly :)

Hey I'm a group admin. You would have to add me on facebook otherwise i have to add you bey email.

Since i dont come to SDN often, just request me as a friend with a message then I will add you individually to the group

Due to upperclassmen joining to selling their stuff or apt posts we have gone over the 250 ppl limit and hence cannot go down in terms of group privacy.

here is my facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/9QQQ0

Hello Everyone, I was pulled off the waitlist today for Tufts! I made my deposit!! Good luck to everyone still on wait list.

Congrats! Make sure to join the Facebook group so you can find roommates easief

Hello everyone, I was admitted to Tufts Dental School. I am trying to join the facebook group. Can someone please provide me a link? I added the above SDN poster with a link as a friend on facebook but I was NOT able to message him to ask him to add me to the group. For someone reason facebook wouldn't let me send a message....If someone sees this, please let me know. I really need to find housing soon...Thanks!

I have a friend that is entering the 2019 class and she hasn't taken chem 2 lab. Does Tufts not require this lab?

I don't think my dentist specified either but the email said complete.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Tufts to the airport? They say interviews will end at the latest by 3:00pm and that we should book flights for past 5:30. The only flight I can get is 5:00...is that pushing it?

Anyone here accepted from An Interview for a seat by Deferred Admissions?