****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmadtoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see this thread up, and they started sending out emails! Good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, just got the 2nd email today saying my app is complete!

Got the "pay $75" email which I did then I got the confirmation of payment email! I hope they send out secondaries soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here guys, so stoked! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the "pay $75" email which I did then I got the confirmation of payment email! I hope they send out secondaries soon!
what do you mean send out secondaries soon? tufts just requires a 75$ payment as the secondary

Did y'all notice that for their Letter of Evaluation they needed the dentist to mention that you had shadowed at least 40 hours? Was that something y'all made sure was included?

Did y'all notice that for their Letter of Evaluation they needed the dentist to mention that you had shadowed at least 40 hours? Was that something y'all made sure was included?

Yeah, I asked my dentist to include my shadowing/assisting hours in the letter. Hopefully he didn't forget!

yeah i made the mistake of not including it last year and my app was forever incomplete. so this year i made sure my dentist put the # of hours in the LOR and received an application complete email on 7/2 saying that my app will go under review soon! :thumbup:

I'm sure if your dentist included his contact information, they can call and confirm your hours?

what do you mean send out secondaries soon? tufts just requires a 75$ payment as the secondary
yeah i made the mistake of not including it last year and my app was forever incomplete. so this year i made sure my dentist put the # of hours in the LOR and received an application complete email on 7/2 saying that my app will go under review soon! :thumbup:
I'm sure if your dentist included his contact information, they can call and confirm your hours?

Thanks for the responses! I don't think my dentist put my hours and Im not sure if he gave his contact info.

Thanks for the responses! I don't think my dentist put my hours and Im not sure if he gave his contact info.

Regardless if he didn't include his contact information, you had to submit his email via ADEA AADSAS application! Don't sweat too much.

So my app was received and was incomplete because of the $75 fee on 7/31. I paid it right away and now it's been about 10 days and I've got no "application complete" update o_O anyone else on the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
So my app was received and was incomplete because of the $75 fee on 7/31. I paid it right away and now it's been about 10 days and I've got no "application complete" update o_O anyone else on the same boat?

Exactly the same boat as you... but I was missing a LOR, which got uploaded 2 days after I got that email. It's been the same amount of time and still no response, even though my letter has definitely been mailed out. Weird.

Exactly the same boat as you... but I was missing a LOR, which got uploaded 2 days after I got that email. It's been the same amount of time and still no response, even though my letter has definitely been mailed out. Weird.

I actually got the confirmation like a day after I posted that, haha. I'm sure yours will be updated soon! :)

Hi everyone! I'm a D19 at tufts. If you have any questions feel free to ask. So far I love the school and the class is getting along very well.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I'm a D19 at tufts. If you have any questions feel free to ask. So far I love the school and the class is getting along very well.

Hey I am looking to apply next cycle and was wondering what your thoughts were on my chances! I'm out of state with a 3.6 overall and 3.2 science. I got 20AA, 19TS, and 21 PAT (but bio was a 17 :/). My extra curriculars are above average and I just got a job assisting at a dental practice so I'll have well over the required 40 hours. Do you think I have a decent shot?

anyone got an interview yet???
They don't usually send out invites until October since they start interviewing in November. Major waiting time unfortunately :(

Last edited:
What do you guys think about my stats for Tufts?
Minority and Alabama resident
BCP GPA - 3.62
Total GPA - 3.39
Research experience of more than 2 years.
Shadowing still in progress, so far 40+ hrs.
DAT scores - PAT 20/ QR 15 / RC 17/ Bio 19/ GC 19/ OC 18/ TS 18/ AA 18.
Volunteer & Community services: Research for 1 semester, veterans donation camp, & temple.

Already got an application complete email on 09/04

Haha oh gosh I am running out of patience but ok cool thanks!!
Actually, my bad. I meant to say they send out in October for interviews in November. Haha yeaaah it sucks since they're one of my top choices too (despite the steep tuition...)

Hey I am looking to apply next cycle and was wondering what your thoughts were on my chances! I'm out of state with a 3.6 overall and 3.2 science. I got 20AA, 19TS, and 21 PAT (but bio was a 17 :/). My extra curriculars are above average and I just got a job assisting at a dental practice so I'll have well over the required 40 hours. Do you think I have a decent shot?
Your stats are fine. The only thing that would make an impact that you cannot control are the LORs. I honestly believe that my LORs and PS helped out a lot. The D19 class is the most diverse class, not just by ethnicity. So make yourself standout and be passionate about something. Make sure that is seen in the letters.

What do you guys think about my stats for Tufts?
Minority and Alabama resident
BCP GPA - 3.62
Total GPA - 3.39
Research experience of more than 2 years.
Shadowing still in progress, so far 40+ hrs.
DAT scores - PAT 20/ QR 15 / RC 17/ Bio 19/ GC 19/ OC 18/ TS 18/ AA 18.
Volunteer & Community services: Research for 1 semester, veterans donation camp, & temple.

Already got an application complete email on 09/04
You look like a good candidate

even though with that 15 in QR?
Sorry, I didn't see the DAT score. The score is average, but the QR score is low. If tufts is your #1 choice, I would retake it. That's honestly the only thing holding you down. Other than that, you're set

even though with that 15 in QR?
you're fine. I called and asked about the QR actually and they said they didn't care/barely looked at that score. The scores that matter are your RC, PAT, TS and overall. If your'e worried give them a call.

you're fine. I called and asked about the QR actually and they said they didn't care/barely looked at that score. The scores that matter are your RC, PAT, TS and overall. If your'e worried give them a call.
Thanks, waiting for those interview calls/emails.

Tufts website states that they begin sending out invites in October.

Reactions: 2 users
Just summited my application fee today, I know it's a little late, but I added Tuft's on a whim, hoping to get an interview!!

Has anyone's status changed from "Received/Application Complete" to something else???

Has anyone's status changed from "Received/Application Complete" to something else???
yeeup : ) but i don't remember when this happened. It was a while back! They take a little while from what I remember?

Mine changed today to under review

Reactions: 2 users
^ mine didnt either! starting to worry now...

Has anybody gotten an interview yet?

I saw in one of the post said somepeople just got an interview at Tuft.

Am I missing something?

They don't send out interviews until mid october! last year people got notified the 7th which is this wednesday so *fingers crossed*

*fingers crossed* here too. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks most of us hear good news.

Reactions: 4 users
What are the odds of getting an interview with a 3.2/3.2 gpa here? AA23/TS24 but low RC 18
Tufts is my number 1 OOS school

I have good EC and rec letters with 300+ shadowing hrs

Last year interview invites began on Tuesday, Oct 7.

Interview format:
1 on 1 or 1 on 2 (faculty member and a 4th year student)
Most asked question last year
"How do you deal with stress?"
*Some of my peers did get tough questions. Some had to answer an ethical issue. Others had to describe a procedure because of their experience
in the dental office. Some got lucky and talked about the patriots.
Understand that each interview is different. Some will end quickly while others will last about 45 min.
Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.